What's the deal with this "coronavirus" people are talking about?

JGoldman10

Thu 26 Mar, 2020 10:01 am
Why are people stocking up on bathroom tissue when they should be stocking up on food and water?

There are other things people can wipe and clean their butts with, like napkins and paper towel. Napkins and paper towel lasts longer.

Why are some people stocking up on FIREARMS?

Is it safe to make doctor and dentist visits? Or are their facilities closed to the public?
tsarstepan

Thu 26 Mar, 2020 11:44 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Why are people stocking up on bathroom tissue when they should be stocking up on food and water?

There are other things people can wipe and clean their butts with, like napkins and paper towel. Napkins and paper towel lasts longer.

Weird and insanely naive to ask this question to the a2k population (most who aren't likely to actually horde these supplies). You need to ask the people who are very likely to practice these irrational panic-related activities.

Quote:
Why are some people stocking up on FIREARMS?

You're new to the US. So? Welcome to the United States. [that's sarcasm FFS] Stocking up with firearms and ammo is an all too common reaction by a certain sector of the US population expecting the worst-case scenario. Say the entire collapse of the federal and/or state government and the possible ensuing anarchy and violence that could follow.

Quote:
Is it safe to make doctor and dentist visits? Or are their facilities closed to the public?

No one here knows where you live. Each state has its own current contemporary policies dealing with the pandemic. How do you NOT know that by now? That there is no blanket answer for your often gullible or too vague questions.
Sturgis

Thu 26 Mar, 2020 03:04 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
Why are people stocking up on bathroom tissue...

Because using paper towels or shredded clothing clogs the drainage system.

JGoldman10

Thu 26 Mar, 2020 04:32 pm
@Sturgis,
I said paper towel and napkins last longer. You can put them in bags and throw them out. You can use rags and/or shredded pieces of material and throw them out.
JGoldman10

Thu 26 Mar, 2020 04:34 pm
@tsarstepan,
Firearms aren't going to protect anyone against the virus. There was a Covid-19 outbreak not a zombie apocalypse.
JGoldman10

Thu 26 Mar, 2020 04:39 pm
@Sturgis,
People ought to be stocking up on food, water, hygiene projects (soap, sanitizer,etc.), dental supplies and cleaning products.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Thu 26 Mar, 2020 06:48 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
The Word says no germ shall attach itself to me.

In related news: An Arkansas pastor issued a coronavirus warning this week after he, his wife and more than 30 others connected to their church contracted the illness.
https://www.foxnews.com/faith-values/arkansas-pastor-wife-church-infected-covid-19
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Fri 27 Mar, 2020 05:47 pm
I wonder what people on Christian TV are saying about the virus and the world's reaction to it.

I haven't watched ANY Christian TV in weeks. I wonder what the Swaggarts are saying about it on Sonlife TV.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Fri 27 Mar, 2020 08:33 pm
@Sturgis,
Considering the fact that a plastic-shopping-bags-for-customer-use ban was installed and imposed upon commercial businesses in certain states, which I forgot about, if you don't have any small plastic shopping bags lying around in your home that you can use it might be a good idea to stock up on bathroom tissue, for obvious sanitary reasons.
RABEL222

Fri 27 Mar, 2020 09:12 pm
@JGoldman10,
Have you ever tried to wipe your butt with a plastic bag?
JGoldman10

Fri 27 Mar, 2020 09:13 pm
@RABEL222,
That's not what I was talking about. You can put paper towels and napkins in plastic bags and throw them out.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Fri 27 Mar, 2020 10:23 pm
@RABEL222,
Rumor (?) Is that rope dipped in salt water used to be used. We well as most anything available to do a cleaning. People used leaves, newspaper, wax paper, etc.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Fri 27 Mar, 2020 10:25 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
I'm not getting it.

Famous last words by many.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Fri 27 Mar, 2020 11:10 pm
Major American theme parks - the Disney Parks, the Six Flags Theme Parks, Universal Theme Parks, Sea World, Busch Gardens, etc., are closed down due to the Covid-19 outbreak and scare.

I don't really feel bad about this - do you know why?

All these theme parks hold LGBTQIA-themed events now.

Disney, Warner Bros., and presumably other major Hollywood studios, are producing kids'/family entertainment that advocates the LBGTQIA agenda now. Look at Disney's Zootopia and Warner Bros.' Storks which came out not that long ago for example.

Years ago, in the '90s, when I was an animation student, I read a magazine that stated Disney advocated homosexuality. At the time and as a young college student I didn't want to believe that.

It wasn't until only a few years ago a report on a Christian news show on a Christian TV network confirmed this. Disney advocates the LGBTQIA agenda and same sex "marriage" through some of their current kids'/family shows.

JGoldman10

Fri 27 Mar, 2020 11:18 pm
I hope all the shutdowns will be over soon. I know officials are looking out for everyone's safety.

There's a lot of work I could be doing if public facilities and businesses weren't shut down or had restrictions imposed upon them.

Easter is going to be kind of weird this year if the lockdowns aren't over by then.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Fri 27 Mar, 2020 11:49 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
I don't really feel bad about this- do you know why?

All these parks hold LGBTQIA themed events now.

So, you are a supposed Christian who wants to go against the biblical principle of 'love your neighbor as yourself '. Jesus would not be at all happy with your practice.

Let me ask you JGoldman10, Do you want people to like, respect and accept you for who you are? If you do, then as a Christian, you must give the same to all people. All people, regardless of their race, creed, beliefs, sexual orientation and identity, religious beliefs, financial standing, or anything else. You, as a Christian must love all people, both equally and unequivocally. To do anything less would be viewed as wrong in the eyes of God and Jesus. They however, accept all creatures and are capable of having forgiveness of you. Learn from them and Christians around you. Being bigoted and narrow minded will serve nobody other than those who you would likely view as sinners and pawns of the devil.

JGoldman10

Sat 28 Mar, 2020 12:28 am
@Sturgis,
I don't hate LGBTQIA people. I hate their agenda.
nacredambition

Sat 28 Mar, 2020 01:54 am
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
I don't hate LGBTQIA people. I hate their agenda.

What is their agenda?

izzythepush

Sat 28 Mar, 2020 03:22 am
@nacredambition,
Their agenda is to be treated like everyone else. Goldman is a bigot, and like all bigots he spreads lies. The main lie being that gay people are trying to indoctrinate children into being gay.

That is not happening, they're trying to stop gay children being picked on and bullied for being different.

The ones with an agenda are the pseudo Christians like Goldman. They want to indoctrinate children with their hateful beliefs which have nothing whatsoever to do with Christ's message of loving thy neighbour.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Sat 28 Mar, 2020 04:43 am
@JGoldman10,
Only you are able to change a discussion about the coronavirus and what people should do, to a discussion about LGBT rights without any provocation.

It is weird that you are mentioning the film Storks. Apparently the film has a gay couple in the background, but most people didn't even notice them. Also weird that you didnt mention the show Steven Universe, which is apparently one of the few children's shows that have LGBT characters as part of the main cast.
0 Replies