The Liberal obsession with Nazis. It's not good for you.

Foofie

Mon 18 Sep, 2017 02:04 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

There's no such thing as a self-hating Jew. Or perhaps: every Jew is a self-hating Jew, in the sense that they all struggle to a degree or another with what it means to be a Jew nowadays, including implied attitudes toward zionism. It's natural to struggle a bit with one's sense of nationhood for a nation exhiled for so long. It's natural for anyone in fact. We human beings are not nationalist robots.

That is one of the reasons for the love of Israel, by many Jews, since they are not surrounded by a culture in the Diaspora that emphasizes Gentile physical traits as the criteria for beauty, femininity, or masculinity. However, Jews have basically internalized these Gentile values, even though any success they had might not have come from appearing very Gentile in one's looks.

And, I have heard/read that Christian visitors to Israel are surprised to see that many Jewish Israelis make the country appear like a Hebrew speaking Gentile country. My explanation is that someone always managed to feed the blonde, blue-eyed, good looking child in the camps.

However, the Orthodox are not self-hating, nor accused of being self-hating. Only the secular ones you might be meeting get this accusation. Probably because secular Jews have internalized Gentile values.

0 Replies

Foofie

Mon 18 Sep, 2017 02:06 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Netanyahu's son, for instance. He's loved by Nazis all over the world ...

Because????
Olivier5

Mon 18 Sep, 2017 02:40 pm
@oralloy,
That's very vaguish.
oralloy

Mon 18 Sep, 2017 11:10 pm
@Olivier5,
Here are a couple instances where I've openly denounced a Self Hating Jew. They were public figures in both cases, not people who were posting here.

One of them was Bernie Sanders. The other was some other character I've never heard of.

Sanders:
http://able2know.org/topic/317627-2#post-6165838
http://able2know.org/topic/320534-1#post-6175504

The other character:
http://able2know.org/topic/127639-247#post-5751266
Walter Hinteler

Tue 19 Sep, 2017 12:13 am
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

Walter Hinteler wrote:

Netanyahu's son, for instance. He's loved by Nazis all over the world ...

Because????
You don't get news, I suppose, but even FOXnews reported about his anti-Semitic posts
Olivier5

Tue 19 Sep, 2017 12:20 am
@oralloy,
Oh, you mean you just make up false accusations of self-hate for the fun of it.... I see.
maxdancona

Tue 19 Sep, 2017 03:57 am
@oralloy,
Oralloy,

Is it possible for a person (Jewish or not) to criticize the actions of the Israeli government without being Anti-Semitic?

I think you are saying that any criticism of the Country or government of Israel constitutes antisemitism. In that way, you are doing exactly what the liberals are doing... and that is exactly what this thread is about.

hightor

Tue 19 Sep, 2017 04:33 am
@oralloy,
You mentioned Chomsky in this context as well.
oralloy

Tue 19 Sep, 2017 06:25 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
Oh, you mean you just make up false accusations of self-hate for the fun of it.... I see.

No. The people who I denounced really did falsely accuse Israel of horrible crimes.
oralloy

Tue 19 Sep, 2017 06:26 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
You don't get news, I suppose, but even FOXnews reported about his anti-Semitic posts

I confess to not watching FOX, but I never even knew that Netanyahu had a son until you mentioned him in this thread.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 19 Sep, 2017 06:27 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
You mentioned Chomsky in this context as well.

I vaguely remember doing that. I don't remember which thread it was though.

Chomsky also goes nuts over Hiroshima and Nagasaki now and then too.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 19 Sep, 2017 06:29 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
Oralloy,
Is it possible for a person (Jewish or not) to criticize the actions of the Israeli government without being Anti-Semitic?

Yes. The criticism merely has to be truthful, factual, and fair.

maxdancona wrote:
I think you are saying that any criticism of the Country or government of Israel constitutes antisemitism.

No. Just the outrageously untrue false accusations.
maxdancona

Tue 19 Sep, 2017 08:06 am
@oralloy,
OK Oralloy,

What if someone has the opinion that the Israeli policy on Settlements in the West Bank is morally wrong. But, they don't tell any untruths about the facts.

Does that make them antisemitic?
oralloy

Tue 19 Sep, 2017 08:18 am
@maxdancona,
Probably not. It is questionable how someone could form such an opinion while taking the facts into account. But so long as they are not lobbing untrue accusations in Israel's direction I think they should be safe from charges of anti-Semitism.
maxdancona

Tue 19 Sep, 2017 08:21 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
It is questionable how someone could form such an opinion while taking the facts into account.

Lol! I feel the same way Oralloy. Anyone who disagrees with me is clearly not taking the facts into account Wink.

(... and they are Nazis.)
oralloy

Tue 19 Sep, 2017 08:38 am
@maxdancona,
Your feelings are in error. I've disagreed with you lots of times while taking facts into account.

Disagreeing with me is much different. Since I always align myself with the facts, disagreeing with me usually requires someone to disregard reality.
0 Replies

Foofie

Tue 19 Sep, 2017 01:56 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Oralloy,

I think you are saying that any criticism of the Country or government of Israel constitutes antisemitism. In that way, you are doing exactly what the liberals are doing... and that is exactly what this thread is about.

You surely know that there are many political views by Jewish Israelis. If other Israelis accuse them of being anti-Semitic it's just in an attempt to have the moral high ground, in my opinion.
Foofie

Tue 19 Sep, 2017 01:59 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

OK Oralloy,

What if someone has the opinion that the Israeli policy on Settlements in the West Bank is morally wrong. But, they don't tell any untruths about the facts.

Does that make them antisemitic?

You might want to say "ethically wrong." That requires an argument. Morals has less room for discussion; sort of presupposing one is correct.
oralloy

Tue 19 Sep, 2017 02:05 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:
You surely know that there are many political views by Jewish Israelis. If other Israelis accuse them of being anti-Semitic it's just in an attempt to have the moral high ground, in my opinion.

What if the person was called an anti-Semite because they falsely accused Israel of committing horrible crimes?
oralloy

Tue 19 Sep, 2017 02:12 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:
You might want to say "ethically wrong." That requires an argument. Morals has less room for discussion; sort of presupposing one is correct.

The trouble is, there is no argument to be made against the settlements. Arguments require facts, and the facts are all soundly on Israel's side.
0 Replies