Can you look at this map and say Israel does not systemically appropriate land?

oralloy

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2014 07:07 am
@Moment-in-Time,
Moment-in-Time wrote:
I rigorously oppose the Israeli government's maltreatment of the Palestinians;

When Jews dare to defend themselves from their attackers, that is hardly mistreatment.

Moment-in-Time wrote:
yesterday, they bombed a very tall apartment building

They dropped several tall buildings in recent days. It's largely a result of Mr. Obama withholding smaller and more selective munitions.

It was actually rather pleasant to watch though. I just kept thinking about how cruel and malevolent you supporters of the Palestinians are, and the collapsing buildings just naturally brought a broad smile to my face. It's nice when the bad guys get what they deserve.

Moment-in-Time wrote:
with some people killed and scores wounded.

Fake deaths hardly count.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2014 07:58 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
So she thinks her survival of the Holocaust means that it is wrong for present day Israelis to defend themselves from people who try to murder them?

Edith Bell wrote:
And as I said before, we were treated as sub-human. Your conscience didn't bother you when you mistreated these creatures because they were not regarded as human, and so I feel very strongly that that should never happen again through any other human being.
oralloy

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2014 08:34 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
oralloy wrote:
So she thinks her survival of the Holocaust means that it is wrong for present day Israelis to defend themselves from people who try to murder them?
Edith Bell wrote:
And as I said before, we were treated as sub-human. Your conscience didn't bother you when you mistreated these creatures because they were not regarded as human, and so I feel very strongly that that should never happen again through any other human being.

The only thing that Israel is doing is defending themselves from an aggressor who refuses to ever make peace.

Therefore when she refers to "mistreatment", refers to "treating people as if they were subhuman", and refers to "never again", she can only be talking about the fact that the Israelis are daring to defend themselves.

I understand that the proper term for a Jew who spouts anti-Semitism or Nazism is: "Self Hating Jew".
Quehoniaomath

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2014 09:23 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
The only thing that Israel is doing is defending themselves from an aggressor who refuses to ever make peace.

The situation is very very bad, but you just gave me a laugh with this crap!

oralloy

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2014 09:02 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
Quehoniaomath wrote:
oralloy wrote:

The situation is very very bad, but you just gave me a laugh with this crap!

Truth and reality are hardly crap, no matter how discomforting you might happen to find them.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2014 10:57 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
I understand that the proper term for a Jew who spouts anti-Semitism or Nazism is: "Self Hating Jew".
And this means, you categorise Jewish Holocaust survivors in that group? Interesting.
Quehoniaomath

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2014 11:01 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Truth and reality are hardly crap, no matter how discomforting you might happen to find them.

I agree, but you don't seem to understand that.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2014 11:48 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
oralloy wrote:

And this means, you categorise Jewish Holocaust survivors in that group? Interesting.

If a Jewish Holocaust survivor were to spout anti-Semitism and even Nazism, I would indeed likely categorize that particular person as a Self Hating Jew.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2014 12:14 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
If a Jewish Holocaust survivor were to spout anti-Semitism and even Nazism, I would indeed likely categorize that particular person as a Self Hating Jew.
Well, they didn't ... "treated as sub-human [by the Nazis]".
You consider such as "to spout anti-Semitism and even Nazism"???? Who else can better compare than those who suffered .... and fortunately survived????
YOU ARE THE NAZI HERE!
RABEL222

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2014 12:45 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Wrong Walter! He is just a very stupid individual who exhibits his stupidity on every site he posts on here but believes himself to be the most intelligent poster here.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2014 12:56 pm
@RABEL222,
Yup, it's like trying to have a discussion with a negative machine that responds with anything that seems negative. But, I believe a machine is much smarter than oralboy. A machine would have consistency. Mr. Green
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2014 12:56 pm
@RABEL222,
I don't think that he is stupid.
But that actually is the present [neo-] Nazi terminology! (And that of Holocaust deniers - might be oralloy belongs to those as well.)
oralloy

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2014 08:49 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
You consider such as "to spout anti-Semitism and even Nazism"????

Well obviously. Look at the terrible false accusations they spout against Israel.

Walter Hinteler wrote:
Who else can better compare than those who suffered .... and fortunately survived????

It would be far better to have someone with the morals and integrity to not lie and make false accusations against Israel.

Walter Hinteler wrote:
YOU ARE THE NAZI HERE!

That is incorrect. I have never lied about Jews or Israelis, never falsely accused Jews or Israelis of imaginary crimes, and have never advocated harming Jews or Israelis.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2014 08:49 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
I don't think that he is stupid.

Indeed. My intelligence is such that, given a random population of 10 million people, I would be the smartest person out of the entire group of 10 million.

Walter Hinteler wrote:
Holocaust deniers - might be oralloy belongs to those as well.

I have never tried to deny or minimize the Holocaust.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2014 07:27 am
Quote:
Israel to expropriate 400 hectares of West Bank, army says

August 31, 2014

Jerusalem (AFP) -- Israel announced plans on Sunday to expropriate 400 hectares (988 acres) of Palestinian land in the Bethlehem area in the south of the occupied West Bank, the military said.

"On the instructions of the political echelon... 4,000 dunams at (the settlement of) Gevaot is declared as state land," the army department charged with administering civil affairs in occupied territory said, adding that concerned parties have 45 days to appeal.

It said that the step stemmed from political decisions taken after the June killing of three Israeli teenagers snatched from a roadside in the same area, known to Israelis as Gush Etzion settlement bloc.

Israel has named three Palestinians from the southern West Bank city of Hebron as being behind the murders.

The Etzion settlements council welcomed Sunday's announcement, and said it was the prelude to expansion of the current Gevaot settlement.

It "paves the way for the new city of Gevaot", a statement said.

"The goal of the murderers of those three youths was to sow fear among us, to disrupt our daily lives and to call into doubt our right to the land," it said. "Our response is to strengthen settlement".

Settlement watchdog Peace Now expressed alarm.

"As far as we know, this declaration is unprecedented in its scope since the 1980s and can dramatically change the reality in the Gush Etzion and the Bethlehem areas," it said in a statement.

"Peace Now views this declaration as proof that Prime Minister (Benjamin) Netanyahu does not aspire for a new 'Diplomatic Horizon', but rather he continues to put obstacles to the two-state vision and promote a one-state solution.

"By declaring another 4,000 dunams as state land, the Israeli government stabs (Palestinian president Mahmud Abbas) and the moderate Palestinian forces in the back, proving again that violence delivers Israeli concessions while non-violence results in settlement expansion," it said.

Peace Now official Hagit Ofran told AFP that the legal basis for such land confiscation was an 1858 ruling by the region's Ottoman rulers.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/world/a/24859893/israel-plans-to-expropriate-400-hectares-of-west-bank-army/

I wonder which side of the Security Fence this land is on.

I wouldn't be surprised if it is on the Israeli side (meaning that it was destined to end up as Israeli land regardless).

It'll be more noteworthy if it is on the Palestinian side of the Security Fence. The question then will be whether the Security Fence will be rerouted to encompass the new area.

I'm guessing this land is on the Israeli side however. Much ado about nothing.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2014 07:48 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if it is on the Israeli side (meaning that it was destined to end up as Israeli land regardless).

It'll be more noteworthy if it is on the Palestinian side of the Security Fence. The question then will be whether the Security Fence will be rerouted to encompass the new area.

I'm guessing this land is on the Israeli side however. Much ado about nothing.

Quote:
[...]
Some 4,000 dunams (988 acres) in the Etzion settlement bloc near Bethlehem were declared "state land, on the instructions of the political echelon" by the military-run Civil Administration.
[...]
Construction of a major settlement at the location, known as "Gevaot", has been mooted by Israel since 2000. Last year, the government invited bids for the building of 1,000 housing units at the site.
[...]
Some 500,000 Israelis live among 2.4 million Palestinians in the West Bank and East Jerusalem, territory that the Jewish state captured in the 1967 Six-Day War.
Source: Haaretz

Gush Etzion is a cluster of Jewish settlements south of Jerusalem.
http://i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w641/Walter_Hinteler/a_zps0862412a.jpg
oralloy

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2014 09:00 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Gush Etzion is a cluster of Jewish settlements south of Jerusalem.

I'm familiar with it. It is entirely on the Israeli side of the Security Fence.

Further, most of Gush Etzion is land that the Palestinians are willing to cede to Israel as part of land swaps. The one exception is the long thin settlement of Efrat up on top of a ridge, which the Palestinians feel cuts off their southern access to Bethlehem.

I am not familiar with "Gevaot". But if it is the same place that your map labels as "Gavaot", then as I expected, it is very much on the Israeli side of the Security Fence.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2014 09:45 am
@oralloy,
You wrote with much ignorance,
Quote:
I'm familiar with it. It is entirely on the Israeli side of the Security Fence.

Do you have a fence in your neighborhood that restricts your movement?

A security fence in a democracy! LOL You can't see how the Zionist controls Palestinian lives by fences that they build? Give me a break.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2014 12:35 am
Quote:
May the God of Abraham grant our world more peace, wisdom and hope.

As leaders of UK Jews and Muslims we say: we are two faiths with one message
oralloy

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2014 01:05 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Quote:
May the God of Abraham grant our world more peace, wisdom and hope.

As leaders of UK Jews and Muslims we say: we are two faiths with one message

It's a shame there isn't a lot more of this type of thing.