How do you get rid of acne natural way please anyone? please

PoeticMisterE

Sat 1 Jan, 2005 03:44 pm
Thanks... Sounds interesting...
0 Replies

Jonah

Sat 1 Jan, 2005 04:53 pm
here's my two cents 2 Cents

wash your face every morning with a Daily face wash (I use Gillette face wash, the liquid not the bar) and every evening with ProActive face wash.

important thoughout your day. every time you see, think about or are near a sink, wash you hands, then rinse you face with warm water and pat dry with a paper towel, cloth towels get dirty. if your face dyes out too much from all the rinsing, try using the Proactive Toner in the evening before going to bed.

when you shower/bath always use a fresh clean towel on your face, keep you pillow cases and sheets clean. I try to change my pillow case about once a week.

drink lots of water

do not touch your face and stay away from mirrors (you'll want to pick)

I try to keep the following in my diet; yogurt, pure cranberry juice (Lakewood is good), pamagranet juice. other then that, I eat just about anything, lots of pizza. but, I try to stay away from large amounts of sugar (candy)

I tried all the harsh skin treatments that my dermatologist gave but nothing worked, and I had it kinda' bad. forehead, cheeks, jawline. I still get a few Z's now and then but it's not too bad counting one or two when you've had it to the point that there's to many to count.

DO NOT confuse the cheap imitation ProAcne (Available at W/Mart) with ProActive.

if you try a regime similar to this for a few weeks I think you'll see an improvement, I would be interested to hear the results.
0 Replies

tommy petersnitzul

Sat 1 Jan, 2005 05:36 pm
do you get this Proactive from a dermotologist?or behind the counter?
and does it have side effects?(dryness of skin,irritation etc?)
0 Replies

Jonah

Sat 1 Jan, 2005 06:00 pm
tommy petersnitzul wrote:
do you get this Proactive from a dermotologist?or behind the counter?
and does it have side effects?(dryness of skin,irritation etc?)
I order the Proactive from www.proactive.com
and, no I have no side effects from it. if you did get dryness i think the toner would clear it up.

for me, the proactive alone doesn't work. it has to be in conjunction with the other stuff I mentioned in my earlier post. rinsing, clean pillow cases, etc.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Sun 2 Jan, 2005 03:00 pm
Jonah is right about keeping your hands and face clean. Dirty hands especially lead to some terrible pimples and acne. Its because were so prone to lean on our hands, while sitting, the oil/dirt on our hands is left on our faces, thus causing the problems.

My momma always told me to "Git OFF your HANDS"...she drilled that in my head when I was a teenager, its something that I still to this day catch myself doing and I will automatically stop. lol
0 Replies

Blaz3

Thu 6 Jan, 2005 05:55 am
dang..... i just had a terrible outbreak the last 3 weeks.... sucks.
0 Replies

PoeticMisterE

Thu 6 Jan, 2005 07:14 pm
Yea, I am having a problem too... My whole face is red... It's acne.. but it's redish... Any ideas how I can get rid of redness? please.... THanks

Leon
0 Replies

NightMan

Sat 8 Jan, 2005 12:29 pm
Poetic Im having the same trouble i dont have very many bumps but my face cheeks are really red i dont know there just flat acne Sad but i did try this for Pimples if u have to Pop one use a piece of tolet paper or sumthing but after u pop it get a cotton ball and put some peroxide on it a put the ball on the place and hold it there for a min or 2 then leave it alone for a bit then i swear the next day it should be more than gone...but see i cant use that cuz i dont have the BUmps so can someone tell me what to do about this flat acne?!?! THank U
0 Replies

Portal Star

Sat 8 Jan, 2005 01:32 pm
Your face is probably getting irritated by whatever you are doing to it.
0 Replies

NightMan

Sat 8 Jan, 2005 02:08 pm
Portal i dont know what it could be i mean i was my face 3 times a day thats it i use alchool after each wash but its post ta be good for it ...and i thought it was goin away but then i shaved lol and it looked bad...
0 Replies

PoeticMisterE

Sat 8 Jan, 2005 02:26 pm
You should be washing your face two times a day. Also, when you shave that happens to me as well. I am thinking of buying Proactive. Anyone suggest it?
0 Replies

NightMan

Sat 8 Jan, 2005 08:25 pm
But i Just cant stop thinkin bout it and everytime i do i just wish it was gone so i just go wash my face but i guess it doest help it makes it worse...and i heard proactive is only good for MInor acne not really bad its 50$ so i dont know i guess try it if u have that Kind of money
0 Replies

PoeticMisterE

Sun 9 Jan, 2005 06:04 pm
Well, if it is to take care of myself Ido have the money... It's for a good cause...
0 Replies

EMSFD125

Tue 11 Jan, 2005 05:19 pm
i had baddd acne too, i went to so manny dermatologists eventually 1 cured it with accutane...but i dont suggest it. It was hell for 6 months..extremely dry lips and it just makes ur skin look like hell before it gets better. However, it did work...my skin is probably clearer then anyone elses' i know. But you said you are looking for a natural cure...i suggest you wash your face often. Also, drink nothing but water. Thats seems to help me keep my skin the way it is...also helped me before accutane
0 Replies

PoeticMisterE

Thu 13 Jan, 2005 03:35 pm
Thank You... I will definitely try that... Thank You...
0 Replies

Blaz3

Tue 18 Jan, 2005 06:23 am
i dont know, i have this acne on my face. i dont even know if it is an acne. Its been there for quite awhile now... any1 know what it is??
0 Replies

PoeticMisterE

Fri 21 Jan, 2005 12:27 am
Is it red? and there small? They seem to be really deep in your skin?
0 Replies

aussie05

Wed 26 Jan, 2005 03:54 am
Hallo there

I just read the whole tread, very interesting. I would like to try Proactive!! Can i buy it from somewhere else than the internet?

Thanks very much
0 Replies

PoeticMisterE

Wed 26 Jan, 2005 11:15 pm
I believe that they sell Proactive only on the net... Or you could call them and order it that way...
0 Replies

aussie05

Fri 28 Jan, 2005 01:36 am
Thanks i will do that and than hope for the best
0 Replies