How do you get rid of acne natural way please anyone? please

littlek

Wed 14 Jul, 2004 07:15 pm
Poetic - here are my 2 cents, having suffered with bad acne as an adult.

Drink lots of water
Wash your face 2-3 times per day with mild soap
Use a washcloth to gently scrub skin, use a fresh washcloth every day
Use egg yolk (high in vitamin a) on the individual pimples
Use thinly sliced garlic, held under a bandaid on pimples. Doesn't work if bandaids irritate your skin further

You're right, there's only so much dermatologists can do about acne. Sometimes they'll prescribe really nasty meds or long-term, low-grade antibiotics. But, if the acne isn't so very bad, it's probably better to try alternative methods. Good for you for looking into natural treatments.
0 Replies

princesspupule

Sat 17 Jul, 2004 11:11 am
If you should happen back, here're my tips:
Drink plenty of water.

Wash your face gently, but often.

Dab blemishes w/tea tree oil (use a q-tip or your finger.) Tea tree oil is a great cure all. It has anteseptic properties and also isn't drying, so perfect for blemishes.

Begin a program of swimming. Putting your face in water for 20+ minutes solves a LOT of body problems. Ideally, the pool would be chlorinated or salinated.

Good luck!
0 Replies

PoeticMisterE

Sun 18 Jul, 2004 08:55 pm
thank you the thing is i tried a lot of things i had this problem since 12 i am 19 now i mean come on and well deter they messed my skin they would peal my pimples so i have like 2 or 3 holes already i don't need anymore i mean it's not to many but i still have some and i have little on my body could it be because i am in the gym 4 days a week?sweat and such? but i mean i shower wash my face 2 3 times a day and stuff like that i use stridex right now.
0 Replies

sugafly625

Tue 27 Jul, 2004 06:04 pm
hey, if theres one thing i know its how to get rid of acne because i had it since i was 12 too. heres some tips :

plenty of fruits and green veggies (fruits i did go with but veggies were a bit hard:) )
lots of water(i mean it!)
and last but not least...: use turmic powder on ur skin everyday for 6 weeks...u need to make it a paste so u can use any of these to make it pasty: plain yogurt, honey, coconut milk. Yea this is hard to do everyday but works awesome...and for good turmic powder its best to use "kasthoori" turmic powder. I swear you may think i'm crazy but this is the best natural thing u can get. oh yea one more thing...make sure u wear like old clothing when u wear it on b/c if it does get on ur clothing...it stains...and make sure u wear it for at least half an hour. have fun...it works!
0 Replies

Wilso

Thu 29 Jul, 2004 11:57 pm
I may try this.

http://www.proactiv.net.au
0 Replies

Cummings

Sat 31 Jul, 2004 12:21 pm
Watch out with Proactive
Okay well I have used Proactive for a year now. All the people that you see on TV have very mild acne. THey may have a lot but they are small. Well anyways back to Proactive. Well I have used for a year right, well I have pretty bad acne that is how I found this site by searching on google.

Unless your acne is mild I really suggest you don't buy it. It doesn't really help if yours is anything like mine. Make sure you do not do wrestling. It makes it much worse. I'm a sports kind of guy so i'll do any sport that is anything worth my while. So just saying don't do wrestling unless you'd rather have some muscles with acne that will stay there for around 5 or 6 months if you play it out.

But if you do wrestling and got acne that you don't want than just make sure that none of your pimples pop. If they do than just sit out for a while.
0 Replies

mog

Sun 1 Aug, 2004 11:48 pm
Stop eating wheat products for a while and see if your skin clears up. You may have a food alergy and don't know about it. One of my friends recently had achne problems. As did her sister. i told them about the wheat problem and they went off it for a few weeks and their skin cleared up pretty quickly. read the labels on all foods. Its not what you put on your skin, its what you are eating. And, squeezing them only spreads them so if you pick, clean.
0 Replies

PoeticMisterE

Wed 11 Aug, 2004 04:56 pm
yea i do pick them beacause sometimes you get this nasty ones and you think you can get rid of it so you touch it and then it just spreads in the end it sucks.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Wed 11 Aug, 2004 05:30 pm
natural remedies?
Drink water.

Wash with hot water; rinse with cold water.

Get a small amount of sunlight each day.
0 Replies

squinney

Wed 11 Aug, 2004 05:34 pm
A friend of Bears was over the other day helping with something and ended up being here for dinner. I asked what he wanted to drink and he said water. At 50 he has had a return of acne. His wife is knowledgeable in the area of foods, herbs, natural remedies. She said he needed to change his PH. No fruit, bread or other starch / sugars for six weeks. His face was ompletely clear.

That certainly goes along with the Atkins diet since sugar / carbs would be very limited on Atkins as well. suggestion.
0 Replies

PoeticMisterE

Fri 13 Aug, 2004 07:37 pm
dang, that sucks sorry
0 Replies

PoeticMisterE

Mon 16 Aug, 2004 06:48 pm
anyone else?
0 Replies

evelyncanarvon

Tue 17 Aug, 2004 12:40 pm
Since you're still young, it's probably just hormones. I'm 18, and I've had acne for about 3 years. There are misconceptions that it has to do with your face being unclean, but no amount of washing it would help. The problem is with hormones, and cleaning won't help. In the end, good ol drugs worked for me. I tried minocycline, but it ended up giving me papilledema (a pseudo-tumor, believe me, you don't want it!), and then I did amoxicillin and it works wonderfully. I would suggest one of those drugs to your doctor and ask about them. But, of course, different things work for different people.
0 Replies

PoeticMisterE

Wed 18 Aug, 2004 11:25 pm
Yea, true but the thing is I have had acne for about 7 years now and it still there so I don't know what to think anymore. I have tried many things medicine doctors, nothing works.
0 Replies

PoeticMisterE

Wed 25 Aug, 2004 01:25 am
yea it sucks heh anyone else?
0 Replies

Portal Star

Wed 25 Aug, 2004 05:05 pm
PoeticMisterE wrote:
yea it sucks heh anyone else?

Do you have any habits that involve touching your face? How do you take care of blemishes when they arise?

It could also be that whatever blemish/face items you are using are irritating your face (which can cause acne... yes, an irritating acne product can, in fact, cause acne.)

What is your daily face routine? What are the products (even some shampoos if they irritate your skin can cause acne) do you use on/ around yoru face area every day? (makeup, lotion, face wash, astringent, gels, hair products.)

What is the amount of sun that you get? Do you use sunscreen? Do you work in an oily/dirty atmosphere such as a pizza joint?
0 Replies

elaine mcharg

Fri 27 Aug, 2004 07:56 am
acne
I know this sounds disgusting, but if it works what the hell. Dabbing a piece of cotton wool into your own urine first thing in the morning then patting on you face helps clear up acne. My friend does this once a week and it seems to be helping.

Hope this is of some help.
0 Replies

elaine mcharg

Fri 27 Aug, 2004 07:59 am
depro
I have been on the depro jag for five years the first time, came off it to try for a baby and fell pregnant with 3 months. Second time round I was on it four and a half years, came off jag in May and I am at the moment 6 weeks pregnant.

Hope this helps some people who are trying.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Fri 27 Aug, 2004 08:17 am
It is a common misconception that acne should be treated only by washing and washing and using medicines that "dry out" the pimples. While this is often necessary, it is also incredibly important to use a good moisturizer. Get a very light, non-oily moisturizer; you are going to have to pay for it....quality costs. Check out the line Zirh (GREAT men's product line!)

What happens when you don't moisturize is that you dry your face out with all the washing and medicines and it then your face produces more oil to compensate and you get an over production of oil and therefore, a break out. (whew...all in one breath there!)

I am not saying that this will clear your face up completly, because I don't know how severe the problem is, whether you do in fact have an allergy, or any thing else other than the fact that you've said you have acne.

Also, get a razor and shaving gel that doesn't irratate your skin! You said your razor is "ok". Ask the men on here for a good razor and you will get some good answers. Try them out. Irritating your skin is not helping your acne.

Edit (Moderator): Link Removed

Good luck!!
0 Replies

PoeticMisterE

Sat 28 Aug, 2004 04:33 pm
thank you why was the link removed? and Yea i touch my face a lot and wash my face a lot like water rinse like 5 times i know it's a habit trying to brake it i shave a lot so i sometimes cut the pimple so i think it spreads even more. I am going to try the pee technique whatever it's your own pee.
0 Replies