How do you get rid of acne natural way please anyone? please

Mon 5 Jul, 2004 12:50 am
How do you get rid of acne natural way please anyone? i have had it since i was 12 and now i am 19 it's not alot but I still have some any ideas please on this I really need something because my selfesteem is very low because of this please? anyone
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 13 • Views: 118,272 • Replies: 197
Topic Closed
No top replies

Thok

Mon 5 Jul, 2004 03:30 am
Welcome to A2K,PoeticMisterE.
this link should be helps
http://dermatology.about.com/cs/acnescars/a/acnescars.htm
0 Replies

Noddy24

Mon 5 Jul, 2004 07:26 am
Have you consulted a dermatologist?
0 Replies

Miller

Mon 5 Jul, 2004 07:28 am
Best to see a dermatologist and an internist for good medical advice.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Mon 5 Jul, 2004 07:34 am
http://www.acne.org

This site has a lot of good ideas. They appear to endorse products that contain benzoyl peroxide.

Just how bad is your acne? If it is a matter of a few blemishes, I would not worry. If it is severe, certainly a trip to a good dermatologist would be in order.

When I was a kid, and had a bit if acne, I used to put rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball, and clean my face with it. My mother screamed that I was drying my skin out. Many decades and bottles of alcohol later, my skin is as greasy as usual!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Mon 5 Jul, 2004 11:14 am
Dabbing the sores with fresh, raw egg yolk (rich in Vitamin A) might help and can't harm.
0 Replies

PoeticMisterE

Tue 6 Jul, 2004 12:13 am
thank you! and yes i have seen a determotolgist they don't really know to much haha i don't have to much it's i mean somewhat gone but when i shave it really comes back and i have a mech 2 it works ok but it really irritates my skin I don't know it's wierd.
0 Replies

Wilso

Tue 6 Jul, 2004 03:32 am
I'm 38 and still getting it. I've had a recent bad outbreak.
0 Replies

PoeticMisterE

Tue 6 Jul, 2004 08:45 pm
so what you do?
0 Replies

Wilso

Wed 7 Jul, 2004 03:52 am
Just this week I've gone on a course of tablets I've never had before (akamin). He's given me 6 months worth. Also increasing my fruit intake, got a gel with teatree oil in it which seems to be working. I've never had much success with benzoyl peroxide treatments. I found they dried the surface of my skin out without really doing anything to the acne underneath.
0 Replies

Portal Star

Wed 7 Jul, 2004 09:11 am
The medicine you use depends on the severity of the acne problem.

Make sure you get a little sun, but not too much, and get a good amount of sleep. Wash your face regularly.

Then, there are acid based topical medications with the ph somewhat off that can also prevent acne.

The cosmetician that I trust the most and whose products and product recommendations I would look at are Paula Bedgoins' at www.cosmeticscop.com

She sells products and reviews other people's products.

There is no reason to go "natural" in products because natural products often don't work as well and are more irritating to your skin, and usually aren't actually natural anyway. Natural in no way means safer or better.

If these don't work your acne may need to be treated pills or a strong topical medication that you would get from a dermatologist.
0 Replies

PoeticMisterE

Thu 8 Jul, 2004 02:09 pm
Thanks! I will definitely try those things it's a hard process but it's worth it I mean I am 19 I had it since i was only 12 I mean wow.
0 Replies

jespah

Thu 8 Jul, 2004 03:33 pm
PoeticMisterE, hon, I still get acne at times and I'm 41. :-D
0 Replies

PoeticMisterE

Fri 9 Jul, 2004 12:30 am
I understand but I mean it really kills my selfesteem its' just badddd
0 Replies

Noddy24

Fri 9 Jul, 2004 11:44 am
My younger son, a kid with a very healthy ego and a bad case of acne used to enlighten the rest of the family every morning with the Official Zit Count.

Low count days were good. High count days he bragged about.

His younger stepbrothers were thrilled when their first zits erupted.

If you can't cure the acne, work on the attitude.
0 Replies

KYN2000

Fri 9 Jul, 2004 02:40 pm
E

First: your avatar speaks volumes. It shows that you are indeed thinking about this acne.

My teen years were defined by acne. I lived and breathed a world of oily skin, and all manner of substances coming from pores all over.

It is genetic.

I had teenage friends, E, who survived on nothing but garbage, and had skin as pure as the driven snow.

I am a thousand years older today, and acne (and migraines) are a distant memory. Age kills the bad as well as the good.

But while you have it....and are living with it, try to do this much:

No matter where you read that washing your face and body only encourages the sebaceous glands to produce more and more and therefore you should not keep cleaning your face and body.....IGNORE THAT ADVICE!

You must somehow learn to get past these years. The acne will not miraculously go away. Get some medical treatment. Get some sun. Eat as well as possible. Learn how to correctly care for this acne.

Do not do damage to your face, that will later leave scars.

Get the proper and recommended soap and keep cleaning your skin.

Time will fix it. It fixes everything, my friend.
0 Replies

PoeticMisterE

Sun 11 Jul, 2004 11:30 pm
Thank you all sooo much I really appriciate this thank you.
Leo
0 Replies

limbodog

Wed 14 Jul, 2004 02:27 pm
sunlight. My ex was prescribed sessions of tanning to alleviate exima (sp?) and it helped her acne too.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Wed 14 Jul, 2004 06:07 pm
Well this isn't exactly a recommendation but merely a testimony I'll pass along. Just about everybody I know who is trying to shed a few pounds has been on the Atkins diet this past year. In a discussion at a social gathering recently, several commented that their skin problems cleared up after several weeks on Atkins. As Atkins generally features a high fat regimen, it was asked if anyone on Atkins had had any adverse affects in that regard. None had.

Is there anything to it? I don't have a clue.
0 Replies

Miller

Wed 14 Jul, 2004 06:49 pm
Kids with acne usually grow up to be adults with very nice, smooth skin.