Ionus

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2015 07:48 pm
@InfraBlue,
Quote:
Religious mythologies are poor justifications for the arrogation of land and the discrimination and oppression of the peoples therein.
What about international law ?

Quote:
The land belongs to the peoples that inhabit the land.
Tell Tibet .
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2015 08:04 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
Tell Tibet .

Seriously. They are being systematically exterminated.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2015 08:10 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
Tell Tibet .

Seriously. They are being systematically exterminated.
Blue reminds me of Obama, who says that the days when borders can be redrawn are over.....as they are being redrawn in a least a half dozen places. Connection to reality is non-existent.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2015 08:18 pm
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:
No, your problem (one of many I am sure) you do not preface your statements with words such "hardliners" or "militant Muslims" words of that sort. There are moderate Muslims who have spoken out against those actions. Instead you just say "Muslims" or "Islamist."

At one time, different sects of Christianity were violent towards each other. I am hopeful this violence between different sects of Muslims are in the last stages of being played out. All things are possible.

Nevertheless, there are Palestinians who are desirous of peace and having their own state beside Israel; just like there are those in Israel who lost the election who are desirous of Palestinians having their own state of Israel for the sake of Israel.

I do the same thing, but it's a necessary evil. When people spew horrible anti-Semitic lies about Israel, my overwhelming priority is to defeat those horrible anti-Semitic lies.

Expending words to acknowledge that "not every Muslim is bent on slaughtering innocent people" will obscure the clarity of my primary point that "Israel is innocent of what they are falsely accused of, while those who attack Israel are actually guilty of what Israel is falsely accused of" so I try to avoid going off on tangents about "innocent Muslims". Instead I keep it simple and use "Muslims" as a blanket term for all terrorists.

This is really unfair to the vast majority of Muslims who reject terrorism, but it's the only way to produce a clear and unambiguous rebuttal of all the hateful lies about Israel. I wince every time I do it, but I don't see any alternative.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2015 08:18 pm
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:
You really are negatively cynical, not to mention thinking you can dig inside my physic over the internet.

Who are you to complain? At least he isn't endorsing childish name-calling.

revelette2 wrote:
The reason I said there are people who are for the two state in both places (Palestine/Israel) was because the last election revealed it for Israel

What revealed Israel's interest in a two-state solution is the fact that for decades they'd offered over and over again to negotiate a return to 1967 borders.

revelette2 wrote:
and the Palestinians revealed it when they sought the UN to become a State. Going by those facts, there are Palestinians who have more on their minds than just wiping Israel off the map as the too often used phrase goes

The Palestinians who are going to the UN have no interest in a two-state solution. They are trying to get the UN to give them a state without them having to agree to peace with Israel. That way they can use that state as a platform for increased attacks on Israel.

If there were any Palestinians who were wiling to have a two-state solution, those Palestinians would have been trying to accept 1967 borders back when Israel was offering it over and over again.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2015 12:18 am
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:

Religious mythologies are poor justifications for the arrogation of land and the discrimination and oppression of the peoples therein.

Reread your last sentence above, and you'll see that the Israelis are doing just that, since they inhabit land after winning a war in 1967. That's really how the world evolved - land changed inhabitants after wars; declared wars, undeclared wars, or wars of attrition. And, the Israelis are not on the land based on religion; they are on the land based on tribal identity, aka, Hebrews. Notice that Jewish cemeteries today still are titled "Hebrew Cemetery." No one is claiming that in American history Europeans took over Native American land because Native Americans had a different religion. It was all based on tribal identity. The Europeans were just the modern version of the pagan tribes that plotzed down in different parts of Europe in the early middle ages - Goths, Visigoths, Franks, etc.

The land belongs to the Palestinians as well. The Zionists are obligated to give them their due.

This Hebrew "tribal identity" of the Zionists is based on religious mythology.

You're right, no one is claiming that in American history Europeans took over Native American land because Native Americans had a different religion. It was, however, based in part on a religious conviction that it was the US' manifest destiny to possess the entire continent that Providence had given it. This nineteenth century conviction was preceded by the seventeenth century ideas of the Puritan settlers from England about the religious specialness of America and their Providential mission therein, what with their invocation of "the God of Israel," and that they must be as a "City upon a Hill."
InfraBlue

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2015 12:23 am
@clymid,
clymid wrote:

Quote:
Religious mythologies

Tell that to Islamic radicals, I bet they will stop after they know that.

The Islamists and the Zionists are on either ends of the same coin.
InfraBlue

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2015 12:26 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

Quote:
What about international law ?

If there were any, they'd be immoral.

Ionus wrote:
Quote:
Tell Tibet .

Ok.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2015 12:26 am
@InfraBlue,
Quote:
Europeans took over Native American land because Native Americans had a different religion

Europeans took over Native American land because Native Americans were uncompetitive and unuseful.

fixed.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2015 01:05 am
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:

Reread your last sentence above, and you'll see that the Israelis are doing just that, since they inhabit land after winning a war in 1967. That's really how the world evolved - land changed inhabitants after wars; declared wars, undeclared wars, or wars of attrition. And, the Israelis are not on the land based on religion; they are on the land based on tribal identity, aka, Hebrews. Notice that Jewish cemeteries today still are titled "Hebrew Cemetery." No one is claiming that in American history Europeans took over Native American land because Native Americans had a different religion. It was all based on tribal identity. The Europeans were just the modern version of the pagan tribes that plotzed down in different parts of Europe in the early middle ages - Goths, Visigoths, Franks, etc.

So what, the transporter out of order?
Ionus

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2015 02:44 am
@InfraBlue,
If your replies get any shorter and sillier they will be unreadable . If you dont want to take the time to reply, then dont, but dont make a fool out of yourself anymore than you already have . Trying to be a smart arse doesnt even work for clever people, what hope do you have ?
InfraBlue

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2015 12:41 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

If your replies get any shorter and sillier they will be unreadable . If you dont want to take the time to reply, then dont, but dont make a fool out of yourself anymore than you already have . Trying to be a smart arse doesnt even work for clever people, what hope do you have ?

Foofie had said here that he was leaving, again, but is still around. He wanted to get beamed up by Scottie, but I suspect the transporter is out of order because he's still here.

Seeing as how you completely missed it, I responded to Foofie here.
Foofie

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2015 03:42 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

Foofie had said here that he was leaving, again, but is still around. He wanted to get beamed up by Scottie, but I suspect the transporter is out of order because he's still here.

Foofie never left; Foofie just chose to not participate with the great minds on A2K. Foofie reads some posts and muses, "Hmmmmmmm." Foofie prefers being ethereal. It's really better that way.
revelette2

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2015 04:06 pm
@Foofie,
So, do you normally refer yourself in the third person or is that just for our great minds?
0 Replies

martone

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2015 05:38 pm
@InfraBlue,

Quote:
The Islamists and the Zionists are on either ends of the same coin.

Zionism is the desire for a Jewish state. I see no harm in one Jewish state, why do you?
RABEL222

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2015 05:23 pm
@martone,
Zionism=Apartheid. Denial of the fact that Zionism is destroying an entire people in order to steal their land.
Ionus

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2015 08:46 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
destroying an entire people in order to steal their land.
What dribble . Those people exist in Lebanon and Jordan . They are the same people . Do you see Israel destroying Lebanon and Jordan cause I dont .
maxdancona

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2015 09:11 pm
@Ionus,
DNA shows that Palestinians have the same ancestors as the Jews do. The Jews and Palestinians are the same people (if you take away the European intermixing).
oralloy

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2015 09:13 pm
@Ionus,
RABEL222 wrote:
destroying an entire people in order to steal their land.

The only people who are attempting to do such a thing are the Palestinians.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2015 09:19 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
DNA shows that Palestinians have the same ancestors as the Jews do. The Jews and Palestinians are the same people (if you take away the European intermixing).

I'd say they were more like cousins. They were once the same people, but today they are separate-but-closely-related.

But even if the Palestinians were still the same people as the Israelis, that would not make it OK for the Palestinians to continually attack the Israelis and refuse to ever make peace with them.
0 Replies