InfraBlue

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2015 01:08 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Anyone who claimed that Israel does not have the same rights as any other people/nation on earth to defend themselves from neighbors who stated goal is to wiped then off the face of the earth is an anti-semitism of the first degree.

uh-huh.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2015 09:44 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
Netanyahu is a dangerous fool who is ruining the chance for peace in Israel and making the world a more dangerous place for extremists of all stripes.

Please throw him out on his ass for both your sake and for ours. We will be deeply grateful if you do.

Sincerely,

Sane Americans.
There will never be peace in the Middle East as long as the incredible amount of petro-dollars combines with the massive amount of superstition, ignorance, and prejudice wrapped up in all that Judeo-Christian-Islamic mumbo-jumbo. A so-called “two state solution” will not change this and nor would replacing Netanyahu change anything.

Further your term “Sane Americans” is an oxymoron for the most part; witness American politics, American ignorance and American religiosity for a modest sampling of the overwhelming insanity of Americans.
maxdancona

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2015 03:17 pm
@Chumly,
Quote:
Further your term “Sane Americans” is an oxymoron for the most part;

I am curious Chumly, are you an American?
Chumly

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2015 04:47 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
Quote:
Further your term “Sane Americans” is an oxymoron for the most part;
I am curious Chumly, are you an American?
1) By what parameters do you define the term?
2) Why is it you wish to know?
3) What difference would it make once you have an answer that meets your criteria?
maxdancona

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2015 06:34 pm
@Chumly,
If you live in the Americas, then you are an American.
BillRM

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2015 07:43 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
If you live in the Americas, then you are an American.

Not in the plain and clear content the question was ask however.

footnote if Hamilton had gotten his way most of American would now likely be part of the US as he wished for the US to raised an army and kicked Spain out and then take over the territory.

This was way before the Mexico war less alone the Spanish American War.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2015 08:06 pm
@maxdancona,
Yes.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2015 08:15 pm
The thing I dont understand about Israels behavior is if they never let any Palestinian organization get to be strong enough to sell and implement a deal, how are they ever going to get a deal? Maybe they dont want a deal?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2015 08:19 pm
@maxdancona,
Citizens of Germany are Germans.

Citizens of Canada are Canajun.

Citizens of Franch are French.

Citizens of the United States of America are ...Usian?
roger

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2015 08:23 pm
@ehBeth,
I'm still American. It might be confusing if another country identified its citizens as American.
ehBeth

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2015 08:26 pm
@roger,
that's what I was thinking

but dlowan's Usian could come in handy if Max is looking for a clearer name for citizens of the United States of America
roger

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2015 08:28 pm
@ehBeth,
Dlowan can identify herself as she wishes.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2015 06:48 am
@Chumly,
Are you sane?
djjd62

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2015 09:19 am
@maxdancona,
'But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'
'How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
'You must be,' said the Cat, 'or you wouldn't have come here.'
0 Replies

MagdaleneKN

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2015 07:16 am
@maxdancona,
I agree... Im not American but the US is a country with great influence, and as for Israel, as a christian that nation will always matter.
0 Replies

MagdaleneKN

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2015 07:26 am
@maxdancona,
Dear maxdancona

I understand this is your opinion (and everyone knows you dont speak for every American and as for sane... well that has to be proven... right)

So in the name of understanding your opinion, please elaborate on how and why you feel this way.

Sincerely,

A non- radical, non-judgmental, non-militant.
(lets be honest about titles...)
maxdancona

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2015 08:25 am
@MagdaleneKN,
I don't know exactly what you want me to elaborate on, I think my feelings on the matter are pretty clear. I will summarize and then you can tell me what you want to know.

1) Israel is an occupying power and dominates the Palestinians militarily and economically. This gives them the ability, and the responsibility to move toward peace. They are choosing not to move toward peace.

2) Israel depends on the US militarily, politically and to a large extent economically. The US is also paying a price for its unbending support of Israel. This means that the US has a right to tell Israel to behave itself.

3) Israel has to make a choice on whether it is going to either pursue a fair two state solution, a one state solution where the Palestinians get an equal vote in a democracy, or whether it is going to complete ethnic cleansing.

4) The US should never support ethnic cleansing, it goes against our values.

5) Israel is committing acts that drive it away from peace, including the continued building of settlements in occupied territory. This is not only against international law, it is also against US interests. They are not being a good ally.

6) Israel has no excuse for the bad things it is doing. Israel blames all of its misdeeds on actions of the Palestinians. Yes, the Palestinians also do bad things... but Israel is militarily dominant, relies on US support and has the responsibility to stop doing bad things. I believe the US should also pressure the Palestinians to act responsibly, but one does not depend on the other.

7) Israel is being politically stupid. Up until now, Israel has received deep, unquestioning, bipartisan support. Now they are swinging to the right, and they are jumping in to bed with the Republican party. This means instead of receiving near 100% support from US policy makers, they will be receiving 50% (often hotly contested).

7) I don't understand how anyone who claims to be Christian and who has read the gospels can support an occupying force. Jesus lived under an occupation and was ultimately executed by an occupying force.

I hope that clarifies my opinion.
BillRM

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2015 10:23 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
They are choosing not to move toward peace.

Sorry they have zero obligation to move toward peace with a people who had stated many times that they wish to wiped them out and who had just launched thousands of terror rockets at their population centers.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2015 10:50 am
@BillRM,
Israel has an obligation to the United States to move toward peace.

We support them economically, militarily and politically... at a significant cost to us as a country and as taxpayers. Israel's behavior continues to be a thorn in the side of the US, it hurts our foreign policy initiatives in the Middle East and elsewhere and puts us in greater risk. Not to mention, their occupation including the incredible provocation of building more settlements in occupied territory against US wishes (and international law) puts us in the difficult position of supporting someone who thumbs its nose at our values.

Israel continues to screw the US by moving away from peace.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2015 11:04 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Israel's behavior continues to be a thorn in the side of the US,

Worse, their actions put us in lower esteem with the rest of the world. It is as if you were besties with an asshole who keeps hurting people.....eventually people come to the point that they think less of you for having such a pal.