Darren Wilson Has Resigned

FBM

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2014 05:27 pm
@maxdancona,
I certainly could have expressed that better, so let me try again.

Nobody is claiming that women are being discriminated against by the legal system due to the mere fact of their gender. If fewer women are incarcerated, then their behavior with respect to observing the law is superior. However, there is institutionalized discrimination against them; it has simply taken a different form. So, yes, I would admit that I was wrong about them being incomparable. They clearly are.

Genetically, H. sapiens is an extraordinarily homogenous species. My objection is to the racists' claim that blacks' behavior is inherently inferior/criminal/violent because of their genetics. If you're not making this claim, I have no dispute with you.

Quote:
It is a statistical fact that African-Americans are committing (and victims of) more violent crimes then White people.

I would need to see the source for this statistic to find out on what basis it was derived.
FBM

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2014 05:30 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

edgarblythe wrote:

I sincerely hope the protests continue to grow, as new reports of unarmed black persons continues to mount.

It is a sure way to drive down the morale of the police ...

Well, if the morale of the police is such that they feel justified with beating and killing unarmed and nonviolent civilians with impunity, then maybe, yeah, we might ought to dash a bit of water on their morale.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2014 05:34 pm
@FBM,
Eff the morale of killers.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2014 05:34 pm
@FBM,
Quote:
Well, if the morale of the police is such that they feel justified with beating and killing unarmed and nonviolent civilians with impunity, then maybe, yeah, we might ought to dash a bit of water on their morale.

I dont completely disagree with you, but understand that this is a very dangerous place to tread .
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2014 05:35 pm
@FBM,
Even in this post is sounds like you are saying that lower incarceration rates of women might be a sign of discrimination against women. I don't know what you are really saying with this, but the idea that institutional discrimination against women is keeping them from being put in jail doesn't sound logical.

If incarceration rates are a sign of institutional discrimination, it would be discrimination against males and African-Americans. These are the two groups that have the highest incarceration rates.

Quote:
If fewer women are incarcerated, then their behavior with respect to observing the law is superior.

Do you see the logical problem with this statement (given that gender is a much stronger factor than race when it comes to incarceration rate)?
giujohn

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2014 05:35 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Quote:
ooh...snappy comeback.

Yes...I thought so too.
FBM

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2014 05:54 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Even in this post is sounds like you are saying that lower incarceration rates of women might be a sign of discrimination against women.

No...I'm not sure how you derived that from what I wrote, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, as I haven't even finished my first pot of coffee for the morning.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2014 07:25 pm
@giujohn,
that explains a lot and I feel certain you actually thought it was witty.
giujohn

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2014 08:52 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Quote:
ooh...snappy comeback.

Quote:
that explains a lot and I feel certain you thought it was witty.

And apparently so did you...thanks!
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2014 08:57 pm
@giujohn,
what I think is that you're a pretend cop and an idiot.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2014 09:09 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

I WROTE: Enlighten us Frank...

Quote:
I think that psychiatrist I suggested you consult might be able to enlighten you, John.

It's interesting how when I ask a specific question you cant answer it specifically...you know I will pick it apart.

I did answer it specifically. If you want to pick something, I would suggest your nose.

0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2014 09:12 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
blueveinedthrobber wrote:

I don't believe this guy is really a police officer. He's just a guy spouting off at the mouth in ways NO legitimate police officer would.

I think he probably is a cop...but a really lousy one...the kind who is part of why people are reacting the way they are right now.

There are plenty of good cops, Bear...its just that this guy is not one of them.

giujohn

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2014 09:23 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
the kind who is part of why people are reacting the way they are right now.

Not to worry Frank. Even though you're off balance cops like me will still protect you. Grant it they may have to use a straight jacket but it's for your own good buddy.
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2014 09:29 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

I don't believe this guy is really a police officer. He's just a guy spouting off at the mouth in ways NO legitimate police officer would.

I think he probably is a cop...but a really lousy one...the kind who is part of why people are reacting the way they are right now.

There are plenty of good cops, Bear...its just that this guy is not one of them.

Hard to imagine a good cop posting the malicious crap he does, even as a joke or attention-whoring, eh?
giujohn

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2014 09:35 pm
@FBM,
See I told ya you couldnt stay away...on ignore indeed! You are soooooo transparent Bob.
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2014 10:26 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:

While you may think that I am out of touch with most police (or is it just these family memnbers you speak of...I hope not for their sake...I dont wish to see cops killed...even stupid ones)

The following is an excerpt from police training material.

Tactics that can save your life in a plainclothes gunfight

Going armed while in soft clothes requires a different mindset than when you are in uniform

..........Use stealth to reach an advantageous position before beginning your attack.

Yes, I said attack.

3. Aggression
The third element in your plan is aggression. If you’re confronting a masked assailant sticking up a Walgreens for drugs, this is not the time to draw down and order the felon to surrender.

Remember your preset rules of engagement.

If deadly force is justified, don’t threaten it, use it!

If you issue verbal commands you must wait to see if he obeys. If you feel you must issue verbal orders, learn to shout something simple while you shoot. If you decide to engage, launch an overwhelming attack. Handguns are not reliable man stoppers, even the biggest calibers. Land multiple body shots, shooting only as fast as you can reliably make center hits.

If you can sneak in close enough to start the fight with a head shot, your odds of a rapid stop will climb dramatically.

Stalk your prey and launch a devastating strike, violent aggression will win the day.

Now all you bleeding heart liberal sheeple may find this distatsefull but this is the real world with real bullets and real hardcore assholes.

I dont think any store clerk who has had a gun shoved in their face with an asshole screaming, "Give me the money or you're ******* dead!", will have too much of a problem when I blow this scumbags brains out, nor will they question why I didnt give him a cchnce to give up. And neither will their spouse or children.

Thats what cops get paid to do while you sit in your cozy armcahir poo-pooing their decissions. You should just say thank you and then shut the hell up
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2014 10:33 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I disagree. He's no cop.
oralloy

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2014 12:00 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
I disagree. He's no cop.

Sure he is. He's just frustrated about the way Leftist extremists are unjustifiably disparaging his fellow officers.
FBM

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2014 12:04 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

I disagree. He's no cop.

Sure he is. He's just frustrated about the way Leftist extremists are unjustifiably disparaging his fellow officers.

I'd rather be disparaged than beaten and shot. Wink
oralloy

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2014 12:31 am
@FBM,
FBM wrote:
I'd rather be disparaged than beaten and shot. Wink

That's a sensible enough preference, but it doesn't mean that being unjustly disparaged is an enjoyable experience.