Darren Wilson Has Resigned

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2014 04:54 pm
You're welcome Miss Copsucker
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2015 07:43 pm
Crazy!

Breaking: Darren Wilson, Who Shot And Killed Michael Brown, Will Not Face Civil Rights Charges

Quote:
The U.S. Department of Justice will recommend that no federal civil rights charges be filed against Darren Wilson, the former Ferguson, Missouri police officer who shot and killed Michael Brown last August.

"That would close the politically charged case in the shooting death of 18-year-old Michael Brown," the New York Times reports. "The investigation by the F.B.I., which is complete, found no evidence to support civil rights charges against the officer, Darren Wilson, the officials said."

The investigation into the Ferguson Police Dept., however, has not been completed.

The Times reports that a "broader civil rights investigation into allegations of discriminatory traffic stops and excessive force by the Ferguson Police Department remains open, however. That investigation could lead to significant changes at the department, which is overwhelmingly white despite serving a city that is mostly black."

oralloy

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2015 08:09 pm
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:
Crazy!

Not really. There was never any evidence that Officer Wilson had done anything wrong.

Next step needs to be for them to return Mr. Zimmerman's gun so that he can sell it and get out of debt (big money in famous/infamous firearms).

Quote:
The Times reports that a "broader civil rights investigation into allegations of discriminatory traffic stops and excessive force by the Ferguson Police Department remains open, however. That investigation could lead to significant changes at the department, which is overwhelmingly white despite serving a city that is mostly black."

Interesting.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2015 08:36 pm
@oralloy,
The problem in ferguson is not race, it is using excessive citations and forfeitures as a revenue stream for government. This is not a ferguson police problem either, this is a city government problem.
oralloy

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2015 10:26 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
The problem in ferguson is not race, it is using excessive citations and forfeitures as a revenue stream for government. This is not a ferguson police problem either, this is a city government problem.

It is possible though that the federal civil rights investigation will attempt to resolve that problem. That's why I commented "interesting".

The city might not be racially biased in their predatory practices, but since they govern a mostly minority neighborhood, their predatory practices still impact minorities more often than not.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2015 10:28 pm
This doesn't prove Wilson is innocent of murder, only that they cannot under the circumstances do anything about it.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2015 11:03 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

This doesn't prove Wilson is innocent of murder, only that they cannot under the circumstances do anything about it.

Nobody who can charge him has or intends too, he is pressumed innocent so he he is innocent. What you are doing is engaging in slander.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2015 11:06 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

hawkeye10 wrote:

It is possible though that the federal civil rights investigation will attempt to resolve that problem. That's why I commented "interesting".

The city might not be racially biased in their predatory practices, but since they govern a mostly minority neighborhood, their predatory practices still impact minorities more often than not.

Watch youself in attaching the word predator to the american government, there are loads of mostly liberal apologists for this abusive state around A2K.. These twats will come after you if thus provoked.
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2015 11:31 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

edgarblythe wrote:

Nobody who can charge him has or intends too, he is pressumed innocent so he he is innocent. What you are doing is engaging in slander.

Slander? Hardly
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2015 12:09 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
blueveinedthrobber wrote:

hawkeye10 wrote:

edgarblythe wrote:

Slander? Hardly

You have to be able to be truthful before society can accept a nudge forward.
oralloy

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2015 02:04 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

The truth is, there is no reason to suspect that Officer Wilson ever did a single thing wrong.

It is unfortunate that there was no direct video of the confrontation so we all know exactly what happened. Maybe if we expand use of body cameras, we will have a clearer picture of future situations.

And maybe the justice department investigation will help to end the predatory practices that the city is inflicting on its residents.
oralloy

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2015 02:06 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
Watch youself in attaching the word predator to the american government, there are loads of mostly liberal apologists for this abusive state around A2K.. These twats will come after you if thus provoked.

I think I've gotten to a stage with them were they greet me with a sullen silence instead of flying into a rage and attacking me.

At least I hope so. The recent sullen silence is a refreshing change from their previous aggression towards me.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2015 02:22 pm
@oralloy,
The truth is you were not there. You only accept others' word for it. With a trial, we might get at the real facts better.
giujohn

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2015 04:46 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
This doesn't prove Wilson is innocent of murder

He did commit a homicide...it just so happens it was JUSTIFIED, dumb ass.
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2015 04:52 pm
"The Times reports that a "broader civil rights investigation into allegations of discriminatory traffic stops and excessive force by the Ferguson Police Department remains open, however. That investigation could lead to significant changes at the department, which is overwhelmingly white despite serving a city that is mostly black."

What the Oblunder/Holder administration does is open a "broader" civil rights investigation and then they pressure the department to sign an agreement, in lieu of dropping the investigation, to abide by Obammy/Holders idea of policing like not doing stop/frisk as they did with Las Vegas. It's a strong arm tactic to push their liberal policing agenda plain and simple.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2015 05:35 pm
@giujohn,
I am not sure how Washington can get away with exacting revenge on the city of Ferguson alone when so many other cities do exactly the same thing. I predict that Team Obama will do nothing because they know that the courts would immediately reverse them.
giujohn

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2015 06:05 pm
@hawkeye10,
They have already done it in las vegas and some other cities. The courts cant reverse a signed argreement between the DOJ and the municipality unless the municipality later down the road violtes the agreement and the DOJ takes some kind of action....it's all done up nice and legal but it still comes down to strong arm tactics.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2015 11:24 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
The truth is you were not there.

Since I'm not asserting any facts about what happened, I don't see how that matters.

edgarblythe wrote:
You only accept others' word for it.

I prefer not to do that. I have a strong preference for concrete evidence. Even honest witnesses get a lot of things wrong, and some witnesses are not honest.

What I am doing is advancing the principle of "innocent until proven guilty".

edgarblythe wrote:
With a trial, we might get at the real facts better.

I don't see how. It's not like a trial magically causes facts to appear out of nowhere.

If Officer Wilson had worn a body camera though, that would likely have given us more facts.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2015 11:49 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

edgarblythe wrote:

The truth is, there is no reason to suspect that Officer Wilson ever did a single thing wrong.

That seems to me to be overstating the case a good deal, Oralloy.

Police officers arrest suspects all over this country every day without a single shot being fired...and certainly without the suspect ending up dead.

The fact that Wilson was not able to resolve the situation (I agree we do not know what happened)...

...without shots being fired and without the suspect ending up dead...

...is a reason to SUSPECT Wilson MAY HAVE done something wrong...

...VERY WRONG, in fact.

It may be that he did not do anything wrong...but considering the circumstances, to say there is no reason even to suspect something might have been done wrong...is unreasonable.

Personally, I do not think there is anywhere near enough evidence to convict Wilson of any serious crime in this happening, but I wish the grand jury proceedings had been handled differently. My guess is that if the grand jury had presented a true bill (I even doubt that would have happened if the presentation had been handled better)...no conviction would ever have been obtained.

But to suggest, as you did, that "there is no reason to suspect that Officer Wilson ever did a single thing wrong"...is not reasonable.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2015 02:20 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Police officers arrest suspects all over this country every day without a single shot being fired...and certainly without the suspect ending up dead.

The fact that Wilson was not able to resolve the situation (I agree we do not know what happened)...

...without shots being fired and without the suspect ending up dead...

...is a reason to SUSPECT Wilson MAY HAVE done something wrong...

...VERY WRONG, in fact.

The evidence suggesting that officer wilson was attacked as he sat in his patrol car goes a long way towards me not caring about what happened to the citizen after. Dont attack cops unless you are prepared to die.