Darren Wilson Has Resigned

maxdancona

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2014 10:53 pm
@FBM,
Quote:
nobody I know of disputes that there are significant and observable gender-based behaviors. The claim that certain behaviors are inherent to racial identity requires defense, however.

Hmmmmm.... that is very interesting.

I wonder why the claim that certain behaviors are inherent to gender identity doesn't "require defense".

ossobuco

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2014 11:20 pm
One of my stronger observations that sometimes makes sense to me is that cops are afraid of blacks, including black cops, both ways. There was an ordinary one, a fillip, of this type - fraidy - just today, guy/cop thinking a bottle was a gun. Just one more mistaken life.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2014 11:22 pm
Quote:
UN human rights experts have expressed "legitimate concerns" about US juries failing to charge policemen involved in the deaths of two black civilians.

It is part of a broader "pattern of impunity" concerning minority victims, the UN said in a statement.

Thousands of people have taken to the streets in protest over the deaths of two black men at the hands of white officers in recent months.

Grand juries in Missouri and New York failed to charge either officer.

"I am concerned by the grand juries' decisions and the apparent conflicting evidence that exists relating to both incidents," UN Special Rapporteur on minority issues, Rita Izsak, said in a statement.

A trial process would ensure the evidence is considered in detail, she said.

"The decisions leave many with legitimate concerns relating to a pattern of impunity when the victims of excessive use of force come from African-American or other minority communities."

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-30350702

Until and unless we vote in a global government, and the UN is it, the UN can **** off and die so far as their opinion on how our legal system works.
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2014 02:24 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Quote:
nobody I know of disputes that there are significant and observable gender-based behaviors. The claim that certain behaviors are inherent to racial identity requires defense, however.

Hmmmmm.... that is very interesting.

I wonder why the claim that certain behaviors are inherent to gender identity doesn't "require defense".

Look at the last chart I posted. See if you don't notice a gender-specific disparity there that is not reflected along racial lines.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2014 04:39 am
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Quote:
You have gone way, way beyond that.

Enlighten us Frank...

I think that psychiatrist I suggested you consult might be able to enlighten you, John.

I think if you were to share the comments you have made just in this thread with the brass in your department...they might be able to enlighten you also...unless your department is like the one in Jennings, Missouri.

Actually, I'd like to think you have just been shooting off your mouth...and that you are more than the caricature you have been showing here. Only you know for sure.
maxdancona

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2014 09:54 am
@FBM,
Quote:

Look at the last chart I posted. See if you don't notice a gender-specific disparity there that is not reflected along racial lines.

That doesn´t make any sense.

There is a gender disparity and a racial disparity. Mathematically speaking these are two different disparities. The idea that one is ¨reflected¨ along the lines of another doesn´t any sense.

The gender disparity is clearly bigger than than the racial disparity (as reflected in the chart you posted). A White man is more likely to be put into jail than a woman of any race.

So the question is, why do you ignore the gender disparity? You draw conclusions from the racial disparity that you aren´t willing to draw from the gender one. I find that interesting.
giujohn

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2014 12:15 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I WROTE: Enlighten us Frank...

Quote:
I think that psychiatrist I suggested you consult might be able to enlighten you, John.

It's interesting how when I ask a specific question you cant answer it specifically...you know I will pick it apart.

When I first attended the "Street Survival" seminar as a rookie in the early 80s (required) I learned procedures and approaches/attitudes that at the time were cutting edge but are still in use today

So I don't have to go "public" with my comments. (To do so only gives an unfair advantage/opening to unscrupulous lawyers when the inevitable frivolous lawsuits are filed)

You may not like the tactics and poo-poo them but then your life isnt on the line is it?

When my life is in danger from a felon I may do anything to stop that including killing the the felon. I DO NOT HAVE TO USE THE FORCE CONTINUUM. I CAN GO DIRECTLY TO DEADLY FORCE IF MY LIFE IS IN DANGER. Who decides if my life is in danger? Simple: at the scene, ITS ME.
In the court, its the jury. Not CNN. Not NBC. Not Al ******* Sharpton.

If someone is trying to get my gun I IMMEDIATELY assume that he's not doing so to go sell it and as such if I have the opportunity to kill him I most certainly will. He who hesitates is dead.

Hers another one. If I'm in line at a convenience store off duty or in plain clothes and the guy in front of me sticks a gun in the clerks face I am under no legal obligation to warn him that I am going to shoot him. And I will. In the back if necessary. I will not give him any "benefit of the doubt". He is endangering the life of the clerk and if I warn him first he can be a danger to me. I will not allow him to keep endangering that clerk...I don't do Mexican stand offs. He's dead.

This is real life not ******* TV and I aint the Lone Ranger who warns the felon first then shoots the gun out of his hand.

So take your liberal head out of your ass and join us in the real world.

Any one who threatens a police officers life or anyone else's shouldnt get a pass cause he's black and has "struggles" in his life the white man just cant understand.

He bought the ticket and knew the risks, so I say **** EM.
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2014 12:54 pm
I don't believe this guy is really a police officer. He's just a guy spouting off at the mouth in ways NO legitimate police officer would.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2014 01:17 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
blueveinedthrobber wrote:

I don't believe this guy is really a police officer. He's just a guy spouting off at the mouth in ways NO legitimate police officer would.

Including the Washington Highway Patrol officer that punched a handcuffed woman in the face so hard that he broke bones after she kicked him?

You might want to reconsider your use of the word "NO".
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2014 01:26 pm
@hawkeye10,
You might want to consider the word legitimate. No legitimate cop acts that way.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2014 01:43 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,

You might want to consider the word legitimate. No legitimate cop acts that way.

The punched the woman in the face cop is almost all the way cleared, if he makes it then he is legitimate.
giujohn

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2014 04:02 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Quote:
I don't believe this guy is really a police officer.

I dont believe this is really a guy. (notwithstanding the verbose handle)
FBM

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2014 04:53 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Quote:

So the question is, why do you ignore the gender disparity?

How could I be ignoring it and discussing it at the same time?

Quote:
You draw conclusions from the racial disparity that you aren´t willing to draw from the gender one. I find that interesting.

Because I don't consider them to be comparable issues. First of all, males and females comprise roughly the same percentage of the population, irrespective of race, but far fewer of them are incarcerated. Secondly, nobody is claiming that a different percentage of women are incarcerated because of anything related to their gender alone, but because of their behavior. Third, nobody here (to my knowledge) is claiming that women are inherently inferior because of their genetic differences with men. That said, institutionalized discrimination against women in the workplace does persist, as they earn only something like 78% of what men make for the same work.

If you know of any science that supports the claim that blacks are inherently more prone to being criminals because of their genetics, please bring it to the table.
FBM

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2014 04:57 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

The punched the woman in the face cop is almost all the way cleared, if he makes it then he is legitimate.

Only insofar as it's legitimate for cops to be held to a lower standard than the rest of the citizenry. The words "cleared" and "legitimate" are not synonyms, especially if it's systematic corruption that gets someone cleared.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2014 05:04 pm
@FBM,
Quote:
The words "cleared" and "legitimate" are not synonyms, especially if it's systematic corruption that gets someone cleared.

the american people and the political bosses of the police have for decades been very clear that that want the police to treat bad guys harshly, that so long as the police have reasonable cause to believe that they are dealing with bad guys that just about everything is ok by us. We are a democratic people, if the police do what we tell them to do then we have no grounds to call them an illegitimate force. If you want to change how police act then change their orders. Only after you do that and only if the police were to not follow the new instructions can you claim them to be illegitimate.
maxdancona

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2014 05:09 pm
@FBM,
Quote:
Because I don't consider them to be comparable issues. First of all, males and females comprise roughly the same percentage of the population, irrespective of race, but far fewer of them are incarcerated.

We are comparing incarceration rates. The numbers in your graph are people incarcerated per 100,000. They are comparable numbers. Do I really need to give a math review here?

Quote:
Secondly, nobody is claiming that a different percentage of women are incarcerated because of anything related to their gender alone, but because of their behavior.

Are you saying that there is something intrinsically better about women then men? Obviously there is a clear difference between the two genders. Are we saying that one gender, across the board, commits fewer crimes than another gender?

Would you like to explain why think that is?

Quote:
Third, nobody here (to my knowledge) is claiming that women are inherently inferior because of their genetic differences with men. That said, institutionalized discrimination against women in the workplace does persist, as they earn only something like 78% of what men make for the same work.

If women aren't getting incarcerated, I think that would imply that women are inherently superior, wouldn't it? (Being put in jail is not generally considered a sign of superiority.)

You are willing to ascribe the behavior of men for something negative (i.e. being put in jail in high numbers), but you aren't willing to ascribe it for anything positive. Do you see the logical inconsistency?

I have given no view on the reason for the racial disparities in incarceration rates. It is a statistical fact that African-Americans are committing (and victims of) more violent crimes then White people. The reason for that is probably quite complicated.

I am merely pointing out using these disparities for races, but not for genders is logically inconsistent. Perhaps reality is more complicated than the simple picture you are trying to paint.

FBM

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2014 05:13 pm
@hawkeye10,
Do you imagine that it's the mandate of the people that police get away with serioius crimes that the rest of the citizens would go to prison for? You've noticed the riots, I presume. There is a strong indication that there is corruption that goes to the top of police administrations. Corruption that those in positions of leadership will hide and protect as long as they can continue to get away with it. Quieter and smaller complaints have gone unheard, so the disinfranchised and their supporters are putting their voices together.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2014 05:20 pm
@FBM,
I sincerely hope the protests continue to grow, as new reports of unarmed black persons continues to mount.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2014 05:23 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I sincerely hope the protests continue to grow, as new reports of unarmed black persons continues to mount.

It is a sure way to drive down the morale of the police like we have with the rest of Government. They have been following instructions. And look what happened when we drove down morale in the federal government, look at how poorly they do their work now.

Who ever told you to go out now and buy top of the line weapons has it 100% correct. Crime is about to become a problem again, after many years of decline.
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2014 05:25 pm
@giujohn,
ooh...snappy comeback. Someone take me to the burn unit