Dear Pot
No problem

Regards
Mr. Kettle
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2014 06:55 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank...NO ONE has ever characterized garner as rasing his hands in surrender...except YOU.

Also, tell us Frank...when you are facing a 6'4" 350 angry man who refuses to be arrested, how many police officers does it take to arrest him? One?

Should that first officer box with the asshole til he knocks him out and he dies from cardiac arrest, or gets tired then tag one of the other officers to take over? Maybe it sholud be a 5 member tag team and they can wait till he is exhausted and has a coronary or respiratory arrest? Sure would slow down police work and the result would have been the sam; dumb ass would still be dead.
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2014 06:57 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Are you sure he had a perfect record, John?

Are you sure his former chief of police did not think he was a trouble maker...and not an especially good cop?

Absolutley sure...spotless record and a commendation from the Ferguson PD
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2014 07:04 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Quote:
Are you sure he had a perfect record, John?

Are you sure his former chief of police did not think he was a trouble maker...and not an especially good cop?

Absolutley sure...spotless record and a commendation from the Ferguson PD

So you expect me to believe that all of the hundreds or probably thousands of black people that that he had over the years had direct contact with had never filled a complaint?

BTW: why dont we know how many black people and how many in total he had arrested without incident? This is a very important piece of information if we are being asked to judge whether he is a racist or a bad cop. My guess is that the mob would not take kindly to this bit of truth, so the "journalists" censored the information from their reports. That, plus "journalists" tend to carry a strong liberal bias.
giujohn

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2014 07:13 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
It all could have been settled with an appearance ticket.

Not in NYS. Garner had a history of failure to appear and that means he has to post bond...of course he knew that...that why he was resisting.
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2014 07:25 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
So you expect me to believe that all of the hundreds or probably thousands of black people that that he had over the years had direct contact with had never filled a complaint?

Hawk...how long do you think he was a cop??? And how big do you think this town is?
All cops get complaints...no one likes getting a ticket. Spotless means no sustained complaints. No unreasonable use of force...no disciplinary actions.
Hell, I got a complaint cause some kid started crying when I gave his father a ticket for speeding! And the father thought if he complained loud enought the ticket would go away.
I got a complaint from an armed robbery suspect caught casing a convenience store because I kept my finger hooked through is rear belt loop during the field interview and he actually tried to sue the city.
Wison was a model cop. End of story.
The only thing I would have done different was that when the felon grabbed for my gun I would have reached for my back up and put one between his ******* eyes.

Quote:
BTW: why dont we know how many black people and how many in total he had arrested without incident? This is a very important piece of information if we are being asked to judge whether he is a racist or a bad cop.

So you think the GJ didnt have access to his record???
Not likely Hawk.
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2014 07:29 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Quote:

Hawk...how long do you think he was a cop??? All cops get complaints...no one likes getting a ticket. Spotless means no sustained complaints. No unreasonable use of force...no disciplinary actions. Hell, I got a complaint cause some kid started crying when I gave his father a ticket for speeding! And the father thought if he complained loud enought the ticket would go away.
I got a complaint from an armed robbery suspect caught casing a convenience store because I kept my finger hooked through is rear belt loop during the field interview and he actually tried to sue the city.
Wison was a model cop. End of story. The only thing I would have done different was that when the felon grabbed for my gun I would have reached for my back up and put one between his ******* eyes.

You are the kind of cop giving law enforcement a lousy name right now, John.

You are the kind of cop that is causing our nation to rethink the kind of discretion we allow our law enforcement people.

Eventually, because of the restrictions being put on them because of cops like you...some will die unnecessary deaths.

If you are going to continue to post on the Internet...you ought to hide the fact that you are a cop.
giujohn

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2014 07:34 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
You are the kind of cop that is causing our nation to rethink the kind of discretion we allow our law enforcement people.

The day a cop is not allowed to defend his life is the day you all better get real good with your own gun and increase your home owners insurance to $10 million...if anyone will give you insurance. If some one wants to kill me I will not go quietly into the night.
If he uses his fists I use my stick. If he has a knife I use my gun. If all else fails I'll run him over with my car.

So endth the lesson
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2014 07:44 pm
@giujohn,
Quote:
So you think the GJ didnt have access to his record???
Not likely Hawk.

This has to be an easy bit of information to get, yet after reading at least 45 minutes of journalism I dont see this information anywhere. Why? Bias on the part of the reporters is my guess
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2014 07:57 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Quote:

The day a cop is not allowed to defend his life is the day you all better get real good with your own gun and increase your home owners insurance to $10 million...if anyone will give you insurance. If some one wants to kill me I will not go quietly into the night.
If he uses his fists I use my stick. If he has a knife I use my gun. If all else fails I'll run him over with my car.

So endth the lesson

I have no problem with a cop...or anyone else...defending his/her life...and I have never indicated otherwise.

You have gone way, way beyond that.

I would love to see you grow the balls to post some of the stuff you have posted here in a local newspaper...using your real name. In fact, I'd love to see you take that attitude to the higher ups in your department, John...and if they have any sense of concern for the people they have sworn to protect, they would put you on desk duty...providing you seek psychiatric help.

Stop with the lessons you "endth"...and start thinking about the offensive garbage you are regularly posting.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2014 08:07 pm
Meantime, re Eric Garner, I read a long article in the New Yorker a couple of about Staten Island. Not immediately apropos, but worth a read to start to understand the area -

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2014/09/08/antidote
giujohn

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2014 08:36 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
You have gone way, way beyond that.

Enlighten us Frank...
ossobuco

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2014 08:59 pm
@ossobuco,
That was a couple of months ago, sorry, and editing problem.
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2014 09:42 pm
If there's a better explanation than institutionalized racism, I'm not aware of it.

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/original.jpghttp://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/images-1.pnghttp://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/TX_incrates2001.jpg
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2014 09:51 pm
@FBM,
Quote:
If there's a better explanation than institutionalized racism, I'm not aware of it.

Showing that different groups have different results does not prove that any group was treated different from the rest. If you want to prove that treatment is different then you need to show that treatment is different. In you example the results are equally well explained with by the conclusion that Blacks are more criminally inclined than other groups. It does not prove that either, in fact all it proves is that blacks are more likely to end up in jail. Why we dont know.

Furthermore I have no interest in creating an America of equal results, I like the equal opportunity America, and then the ones who want to have more can go out and get more.

ARGUMENT FAIL
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2014 10:00 pm
@hawkeye10,
Years of research does show that those who get and education and learn marketable skills are more likely to avoid going to jail. I would suggest that blacks give that a try and see if it works.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2014 10:09 pm
Quote:
Though the State Patrol issued an October report saying a Seattle cop caused “unnecessary injury” to a handcuffed woman, King County prosecutors reportedly declined to file criminal charges for the incident.

The case stems from a South Seattle incident in June in which Officer Adley Shepherd struggled to control a woman he was arresting in a domestic violence incident.

The woman kicked Shepherd and he punched her in the face, causing facial fractures, reports indicate.

http://blog.seattlepi.com/seattle911/2014/12/05/prosecutors-decline-to-file-charges-in-police-assault-of-detainee/

Did they forget to tell us that she is black? She has to be black right, because only blacks get roughed up upon resisting arrest because cops are racists.

I am so confused.

And where can I sign up for a half a year paid vacation in return for throwing one punch? That is one sweet deal.
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2014 10:17 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:

Showing that different groups have different results does not prove that any group was treated different from the rest. If you want to prove that treatment is different then you need to show that treatment is different. In you example the results are equally well explained with by the conclusion that Blacks are more criminally inclined than other groups. It does not prove that either, in fact all it proves is that blacks are more likely to end up in jail. Why we dont know.

Furthermore I have no interest in creating an America of equal results, I like the equal opportunity America, and then the ones who want to have more can go out and get more.

ARGUMENT FAIL

I was aware of the racist answer when I posted that. That's why I stipulated "better explanation," as the racist answer (that blacks are inherently inferior) does not strike me as one. Give our society's history with racism, the more prudent answer would seem to be that it has not yet been eliminated from our power structures.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2014 10:30 pm
@FBM,
Do you have graphs of gender disparity for incarceration rates? Is this evidence of institutional sexism?
FBM

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2014 10:46 pm
@maxdancona,
No, I don't have that data. I don't see where it's relevant; nobody I know of disputes that there are significant and observable gender-based behaviors. The claim that certain behaviors are inherent to racial identity requires defense, however.

Edit: While we're at it:

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/incrates.jpg