Law Enforcement and the African-American community

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2014 10:14 am
@Buttermilk,
Buttermilk wrote:
LOL you're in my thread discussing
this and its very convenient to call me a racist . . .
FOR THE RECORD:
I know that 's a big deal in your mind.
From your posts, I 've gotten to like u personally a little bit,
but I don t share much of your philosophy, neither your gender-based
nor your racial points of vu.

The same as u don t give a damn about freedom of gun possession,
so also the racist bit does not get me all excited. From my childhood,
almost everyone had racial opinions in regard to a lot of different races.
Some years ago, the Germans n the Japs were not especially popular.
So far as I can remember, no one held the blacks in high esteem.
Jokes abounded regarding many races, invoking perceived traits.
The Scotch were cheap. That was the shape of the world.
This was very common in daily life for decades, less so now.

The same as the wars in the Middle East between the Moslems
and the Jews: its not my fight. I don t care much (tho I resent
the Moslems for 9/11/1). I imagine that the blacks probably have
some negative views toward whites that thay express among themselves,
but if u deny it, I 'll take your word for it. Its not significant to me.

I care more about other things, like fighting against
authoritarianism and against collectivism, in favor
of personal liberty by degrading government
and in favor of Individualism, but from your posts
on an individual basis, I like u to a slight degree.

David
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2014 10:22 am
@OmSigDAVID,
You wrote,
Quote:
I care more about other things, like fighting against
authoritarianism and against collectivism, in favor
of personal liberty by degrading government
and in favor of Individualism, but from your posts
on an individual basis, I like u to a slight degree.

You can't have all this without some government intrusion into our lives. That's a fact. Quotes such as
Quote:
, in favor of personal liberty by degrading government and in favor of Individualism,
sounds good, but is unrealistic and impossible.

Without government, you wouldn't have had the education you received, or the use of the infrastructure we use daily in our lives. We wouldn't have the police nor fire departments, or the government departments that assures our water supply and safety.

That requires taxation that should be fair for everybody; not just the wealthy or corporations.

0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2014 08:35 pm
@Buttermilk,
Quote:
A white cop who grew up in Orange County cannot culturally relate to some black or Hispanic kid from Watts or Compton.

The problem is you want the cop to be a social worker. The cop is there to keep the peace and enforce the law. He/she must be fair and civil in aproach. He/she must be professional. He's not there to" relate" to anyone. He undersatnds the law and the rules of society. His responsibility is to run torward the sound of gunfire and trouble. He does not get paid to lose a fight. He/she is charged with bringing miscreants to the bar to face justice.
He is sworn to uphold the Constituion of the United States, and the laws of his state and city without predjudice or passion. When he takes his oath to defend the Constituion and enforce the laws as a public servant he signs a blank check payable to that public for any price up and including his life. And he does so freely. He does not expect or seek favor for doing so. He is paid with public funds to do the job so others can sleep safe in their homes. You may find reason not to like the police. But think of what it would be like without them. Try going up to a cop and just say, "Thank you for your service." That little investment will go a VERY long way.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2014 09:03 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Quote:
A white cop who grew up in Orange County cannot culturally relate to some black or Hispanic kid from Watts or Compton.

The problem is you want the cop to be a social worker. The cop is there to keep the peace and enforce the law. He/she must be fair and civil in aproach. He/she must be professional. He's not there to" relate" to anyone. He undersatnds the law and the rules of society. His responsibility is to run torward the sound of gunfire and trouble. He does not get paid to lose a fight. He/she is charged with bringing miscreants to the bar to face justice.
He is sworn to uphold the Constituion of the United States, and the laws of his state and city without predjudice or passion. When he takes his oath to defend the Constituion and enforce the laws as a public servant he signs a blank check payable to that public for any price up and including his life. And he does so freely. He does not expect or seek favor for doing so. He is paid with public funds to do the job so others can sleep safe in their homes. You may find reason not to like the police. But think of what it would be like without them. Try going up to a cop and just say, "Thank you for your service." That little investment will go a VERY long way.
VERY WELL SAID! I 've done that with the military,
and with the FBI (a really pretty, young agent), but not the police.
That did not occur to me.

David
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2014 09:16 pm
@hawkeye10,
You better redo your math. Primary school is 8 years. High school is 4 years. Total is 12 years so the 14 years you talk about means 2 years of collage. That means you agree with me on the government financed education. Thanks.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2014 09:21 pm
@hawkeye10,
Which was just one more thing the house wasted time on just as they do today. Wake up Hawk, your heros in the house are fuking you blind and you love it. You must because you keep reelecting the bastards.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2014 10:12 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

Which was just one more thing the house wasted time on just as they do today.
Wake up Hawk, your heros in the house are fuking you blind and you love it.
You must because you keep reelecting the bastards.
I love fighting and voting against authoritarianism and against collectivism.
THAT'S the important thing

DaVid
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2014 10:35 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
You wrote,
Quote:
voting against authoritarianism and against collectivism

Please explain what kind of 'authoritarianism and collectivism' you are talking about, and how the current living conditions in the US differs from the past (preObama)?
glitterbag

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2014 10:46 pm
I'm not trying to weigh in on the discussion of racism. I do believe racism is alive and destructive no matter how you package it. I wanted to elaborate on the recent (June 27th 2014) story about the Baltimore police men who were suspended after killing a dog. In that situation, one policeman had the dog under control, pinned to the ground and then his partner slit the dogs throat. This is not the normal way of dog control. This particular brutality was not deemed to be more important than if the police held down a person and slit a suspects throat, this act happened during daylight hours and was seen by the neighbors and the children. The two officer involved were suspended due to excessive cruelty, not because dogs are more important than people. The officers did not get desk duty, they were suspended without pay. The legal issues have not yet been resolved, personally I don't want those two men to remain in uniform, I think they are a dangerous element on the street, and I doubt people are safe with these two men on the force.
Buttermilk

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2014 01:55 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Jesus why did you write a damn chapter towards my post? All of which you said was irrelevant to the discussion thread. I personally don't care if you don't like my fight or like me for that matter. My intent here, at least in this thread is to educate the ones that actually give a damn about the suffering of people from other cultures hence the title of the thread. I know there are a lot (to be specific since Sentana is such as dumbass when it comes to specificity I'm not putting a number but by a lot I'm referring to the "lot" of those that take to CNN, YouTube, Yahoo, or other media outlets (that comment calling blacks niggers, spooks etc) that reflect the opinions of what it appears to be a seemingly large group of whites).

I also noticed when you used the word "Jap" which was also derogatory term used in the 1940's and 50's during WW2. so good job...

It's quite obvious here that for the most part with the exception of a few, that white privilege is beneficial when it comes to willful ignorance of others suffering. Black anger is problematic because if society shows no care that injustices occur against other Americans it demonstrates the prevailing element of racism that plagues our society.
Buttermilk

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2014 02:05 am
@giujohn,
LOL let me break this **** down sentence by sentence:

"The problem is you want the cop to be a social worker. The cop is there to keep the peace and enforce the law. He/she must be fair and civil in aproach. "

Cops are peacekeepers. They are servants of the public so the actions of a cop when it comes to serving the public ergo, resource management and assisting the public goes hand in hand with social workers of the county/state. The only difference is social workers aren't sworn in.

"He's not there to" relate" to anyone. He undersatnds the law and the rules of society. His responsibility is to run torward the sound of gunfire and trouble. He does not get paid to lose a fight."

In other words, cops are soldiers.... I didn't realize America is a continuous battlefield. Soldiers are paid to fight and run towards gunfire (when their six is covered and when the enemy doesn't know the soldiers are coming). You can be a cop, be friendly and still be objective to a situation.

"When he takes his oath to defend the Constituion and enforce the laws as a public servant he signs a blank check payable to that public for any price up and including his life. And he does so freely. He does not expect or seek favor for doing so."

Funny I remember going on a ride along for Torrance L.A County Sheriff and all they did was do Sudoku puzzles when there was no call. Yeah a very dangerous job. Compton Sheriffs have it worse.

"He does not expect or seek favor for doing so. He is paid with public funds to do the job so others can sleep safe in their homes. You may find reason not to like the police."

Being a police officer is hard. So is being a Security Officer/Guard. whenever you deal with human beings the random behavior good or bad is unpredictable. When you're a cop or a person enforcing state/county law, the behavior of people is unpredictable. But there are officers that abuse this power that is bestowed upon them that is where the anger comes from. When I see white officers from the 1960's beat a black man whose hands are on the wall (like the famous clips shown on the movie "X" as in Malcolm X) it angers me because there are cops who have racist intentions and use state authority to abuse that power.

"Try going up to a cop and just say, "Thank you for your service." That little investment will go a VERY long way."

No. Strippers tell cops thank you for your service. When the LAPD officer asked me to show my I.D and upon refusal (especially coming out of my college campus after class) and have me put my hands on his hood of a running car I'd gladly tell the police officer "**** you very much."

Buttermilk

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2014 02:16 am
@glitterbag,
"I'm not trying to weigh in on the discussion of racism. I do believe racism is alive and destructive no matter how you package it. I wanted to elaborate on the recent (June 27th 2014) story about the Baltimore police men who were suspended after killing a dog."

How interesting cause a Hawthorne Police Officer did something similar and nothing happened to him see: http://articles.latimes.com/2014/feb/14/local/la-me-ln-hawthorne-dog-shooting-lawsuit-20140214

BTW Hawthorne has been known to harass people of color for the longest and this man, a man of color whose rottweiler was shot and killed even after the man (while detained pleaded with the officer to not shoot his dog) but yes BTW here is the video if you can stomach it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkC_fJ9vft8

I do believe that people who are reckless while in power ought to be accountable for what they do. But when it comes to animals unfortunately I as a human am biased because before anyone, I think a lot of humans were robbed of justice.

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2014 03:19 am
How is that proprietorial claim to this thread working out for you? I call you racist because you continue to imply that the majority of white people are racist, apparently for no other reason than that they are white. You say that you understand that racism by blacks cannot be justified by historical context, and then you turn right around and talk about the historical context again. Blacks are notoriously antisemitic--upon what basis would you allege that that is justified? Do you go along with a few crackpot black "historians" who claim that the Jews are responsible for the slave trade (with absolutely no evidence for their claim)?

As i've already pointed out, the Civil Rights Act and the Voting Rights Act would not have been passed if the majority of whites were racist. For that matter, a black man would never have been elected to the office of president if the majority of whites were racist.

So, yeah, i consider you racist.
Buttermilk

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2014 03:39 am
@Setanta,
Whatever you say pomeranian.

What ******* idiot cannot discern from a lot, to majority? Majority does not equate to all, some or most...******* idiot.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2014 03:41 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
. . . Blacks are notoriously antisemitic . . .
Yet Jews are almost always pro-black. Yes ?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2014 03:41 am
@cicerone imposter,
David, I know you're a busy person, but please answer my question.
Quote:
@OmSigDAVID,
You wrote,
Quote:
voting against authoritarianism and against collectivism

Please explain what kind of 'authoritarianism and collectivism' you are talking about, and how the current living conditions in the US differs from the past (preObama)? Signature
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2014 03:44 am
@Buttermilk,
Buttermilk wrote:

Whatever you say pomeranian.

What ******* idiot cannot discern from a lot, to majority?
Majority does not equate to all, some or most...******* idiot.
U shud not call Setanta an "idiot".
That is SETANTA'S word.
0 Replies

Buttermilk

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2014 03:54 am
The following video is definitely educational for the ignorant people here:

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2014 04:01 am
God you crack me up. You deny that you're saying that most whites are racist, and then you post a video which asserts that most whites are racist. Thinking is hard!
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2014 04:08 am
@Buttermilk,
Buttermilk wrote:
Jesus why did you write a damn chapter towards my post? All of which you said was irrelevant to the discussion thread. I personally don't care if you don't like my fight or like me for that matter. My intent here, at least in this thread is to educate the ones that actually give a damn about the suffering of people from other cultures hence the title of the thread. I know there are a lot (to be specific since Sentana is such as dumbass when it comes to specificity I'm not putting a number but by a lot I'm referring to the "lot" of those that take to CNN, YouTube, Yahoo, or other media outlets (that comment calling blacks niggers, spooks etc) that reflect the opinions of what it appears to be a seemingly large group of whites).
I will not mind in the least,
if blacks choose to designate a word
to represent whites correspondingly to nigger; the opposite thereof.
That 'd be part of free speech for blacks; no harm. Invent something.
How about reggin ?

Buttermilk wrote:
I also noticed when you used the word "Jap" which was also derogatory term used
in the 1940's and 50's during WW2. so good job...
I'm not anti-Jap.
I did not imply that. I dont treat Japs badly.
Its only an abbreviation. Its not condemnatory.
To denounce them, u 'd need to add an adjective, e.g.
dirty Jap, sneaky Jap, sadistic Jap, dum Jap, etc.

Buttermilk wrote:
It's quite obvious here that for the most part with the exception of a few,
that white privilege is beneficial when it comes to willful ignorance of others suffering. Black anger is problematic because if society shows no care that injustices occur against other Americans it demonstrates the prevailing element of racism that plagues our society.
I suspect that the blacks are racists, but I see no problem with that.
Thay have a right to their own opinions. Do u agree ?
0 Replies