HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, EVERYONE!

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2014 12:47 am

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, EVERYONE!

On June 4th, 1942 we reached the turning point
in the war against the Japs in the Pacific Ocean
in the Battle of Midway! After that, it was downhill from there, for the Japs.

David
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 9 • Views: 10,839 • Replies: 13

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2014 04:51 pm

I take it that the folks who tagged
this thread wanted the battle to go the other way.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2014 05:00 pm

NBC TV News remarks on the 3Oth anniversay today
of Bruce Springsteen releasing an album of songs.

It had no mention of the battle that was turning point
in favor of America in the Pacific. Was NBC infiltrated by Japs???
NO! Thay were just ignorant (as the imposter wud express it).
bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2014 06:53 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Just found this, and the Battle of Midway was epic in everysort of way. Good find, thanks for posting it.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2016 10:45 am
@OmSigDAVID,
David:

You are truly missed..
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2016 06:24 pm
@Miller,
He tells me he hated it here and is very happy posting with a couple of other ex-buzzers elsewhere.
farmerman

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2016 06:33 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
so the little guy is still alive
roger

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2016 06:41 pm
@farmerman,
I hope so, but what makes you think that?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2016 06:52 pm
@Miller,
Miller wrote:

David:

You are truly missed..

Like the flu, aids and the plague.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2016 01:17 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

so the little guy is still alive

If so, where's the link to his posts?
Miller

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2016 01:24 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

He tells me he hated it here and is very happy posting with a couple of other ex-buzzers elsewhere.

That's interesting, because his obituary was seen in a local newspaper by a fellow A2Ker. Are you communicating with a spirit or an imposter?

Did David know you're not the REAL bobsal??
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2016 01:27 pm
@Miller,
you can never intone a sentence from reading it in a blog or a post.

it ahould have been read thus:

SO The little guys still alive !!??.
I have no more information than you, I was merely accepting the previous posters assurance that he till is among us
0 Replies

GregGoremykin

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2021 02:37 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Umm, seriously, "Japs"? Dude this post is old, but only from 2016, WTF is wrong with you?!?

That's like me as a Canadian saying Americ*nts (which many people here do) or Buddy-Blaster as American troops/pilots are known to engage routinely in reckless friendly fire so often and with zero consequences even when disobeying direct orders from their own superiors not to engage in firing (NO NATO troops in Afghanistan wanted to be anywhere *near* American troops because of this, or Jumbo Jaws because American tourists almost all have double if not triple chins and Canadians are amazed that Americans order not one hot dog, but often 3 or 4 at a time, also MOBs for Morbidly Obese Bodies, or SFAs for Stupid F**king Americans because of your relatively speaking inadequate education systems, or TAPs for Typical American Pr**ks, Uncle Scam for the tendency for Americans to break trade agreement and other treaties routinely with the rest of the planet, and on and on, and that's just the common Canadian slurs for Americans.

I cannot believe that someone in 2016 would be that out of touch that they would think "Japs" isn't an offensive term. Honestly, or am I that delusional about how out-of-touch you are OmSigDAVID? If you're old enough to have fought in the Second World War I guess you might get a pass in that case, but I'm guess you did not. Oy yoy yoy, this page came up randomly when I was searching for something else and I was rather shocked!

Well, at least you may have learned what a lot of equally ignorant Canadians call Americans when they aren't in ear-shot, lol.
jespah

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2021 03:08 pm
@GregGoremykin,
He was an old man and he's been dead since, IIRC, 2016, 2017, something like that.

Yeah, it's repulsive. But he can't hear ya.
0 Replies