Law Enforcement and the African-American community

Baldimo

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2014 01:52 pm
@Setanta,
He is a pointless poster who doesn't contribute anything to the posts but minor picking points that turn into a full fledged debate. It is the stupidest tactic I have seen here. There is no substance to his posts.
0 Replies

One Eyed Mind

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2014 02:46 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo, you're the first person I gave an up vote, as I choose my votes wisely. I am careful in when I vote and if it's emotionally inclined or not.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2014 06:00 pm
@Baldimo,
Yes, I am saying that. When do you think roads appeared? Government appeared when humans formed tribes.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2014 06:07 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

Are you implying that no one but the govt is capable of building a road with concrete or black top? No one but the govt knows how to tie rebar together and pour concrete over the top of it?

And who is going to build that road from the store to OMSigDavid's place?

Quote:

I can tell you that I know how to pour concrete and finish it as well. Spent an entire summer working for my uncle, all we did was pour sidewalks and driveways.

Stop for a moment and think where they driveway ended. Think real hard. I'll bet even you can figure it out.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2014 07:20 pm
@parados,
I can put the job out for bids.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2014 07:37 pm
Does this truly stupid argument have any relevance whatever to the o.p.'s original argument and intent for this thread?
0 Replies

MarkC

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2014 10:12 pm
@Buttermilk,
The Watts riots happened in 1965 not 1964
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2014 11:29 pm
@Baldimo,
Someone who should be a hero of yours came up with the interstate system. Until then industry wasent interested in building roads. Of course now that government has built up the hiway system big business is ready to take them over and charge people to use what their tax money built. Do you recognize the nick name Ike?
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2014 02:24 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Don't you think poverty is punishment enough?

Poverty is not a form of punishment. If any thing it acts as stimulus for the poor, to remain in school , receive a solid, useful education and then obtain a job that is fulfilling .
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2014 03:38 am
@Miller,
Miller wrote:

izzythepush wrote:

Don't you think poverty is punishment enough?

Poverty is not a form of punishment. If any thing it acts as stimulus for the poor, to remain in school , receive a solid, useful education and then obtain a job that is fulfilling .

Jesus H. Christ, Miller...walk in the other person's shoes for a while before serving up this simplistic pap as reasonable expectations.

Working one's way up from what some have as a starting point is not the piece of cake you seem to think it to be.

And while I do not know your circumstances, you sound like one of those people born on third base...acting as though they have hit a triple.

If you honestly think poverty is a stimulus for the people living in poverty to remain in school...get a solid, useful education...get a job...and be relieved from poverty...you are living in la la land.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2014 09:53 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
And while I do not know your circumstances,
you sound like one of those people born on third base...

acting as though they have hit a triple.
If we find a triple,
are we supposed to HIT it ?

Frank Apisa wrote:
If you honestly think poverty is a stimulus for the people
living in poverty to remain in school...get a solid, useful education...get a job...
and be relieved from poverty...
you are living in la la land.
Is that Los Angeles ??
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2014 05:42 pm
@wmwcjr,
Ya gotta love the Marvelettes!!!
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2014 06:00 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Why should cars be so complex? They weren't when they first came on the scene.

Apples and oranges Frank. One is TECHNOLOGY, the other POLICY.
I also dont believe that 10% of ones income is "a few minor taxes"And maybe if they just a wee bit less they wouldn't be so inclined to squander it on PBS, the environmentalist whackos and $3000 toilet seats, not to mention we might have to cut back on their salaries.
giujohn

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2014 06:11 pm
@parados,
Quote:
It would require a federal agency to keep records. Wait.... that's what the IRS does.

It certainly wouldn't take 93,000 god damn employees, 74,000 pages of laws, and BILLIONS OF F@#K$%G to do it.

If private business did that when it came time to collect what was due them they'd be OUT OF BUSINESS...FAST.

Quote:
If you think Code is the same thing as rules then you are the fool in paradise.

If you think that you can't go to jail based on a policy written by a cabinet officer or head of an agency...you're and idiot.
One Eyed Mind

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2014 06:17 pm
@giujohn,
Giu, can I call you "Giu Jo"?
giujohn

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2014 06:18 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
Try driving a 40 ton truck on a dirt road in the midwest today. You'll find why the government is needed when your truck sinks into the ground clear to the axle.

Yeah, right. I wouldn't woory about getting stuck in the mud. I'd worry about the 65,000+ dangerous bridges in the U.S. that haven't been fixed by the government.
giujohn

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2014 06:23 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
Quote:
Giu, can I call you "Giu Jo"?

Only if I can call you One Pie-eyed Mind
One Eyed Mind

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2014 06:29 pm
@giujohn,
It depends, am I delicious? What flavor?
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2014 06:30 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

It certainly wouldn't take 93,000 god damn employees, 74,000 pages of laws, and BILLIONS OF F@#K$%G to do it.

First of all there are over 150 million tax paying entities that need to be policed. 93,000 isn't that many at all.

Congress writes laws. You seem to keep forgetting that.

Quote:

If you think that you can't go to jail based on a policy written by a cabinet officer or head of an agency...you're and idiot.

No, you can't go to jail based on a policy written by a cabinet officer. You can only go to jail when Congress authorizes something by law.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2014 06:31 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Yeah, right. I wouldn't woory about getting stuck in the mud. I'd worry about the 65,000+ dangerous bridges in the U.S. that haven't been fixed by the government.

If only we paid less in taxes we could fix more bridges. After all, private business does stuff all the time without getting paid.