19
   

Law Enforcement and the African-American community

 
 
One Eyed Mind
 
  1  
Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2014 07:27 pm
@giujohn,
At least we're on the same page here. It's idiocracy right now. We have still a few more letters to change in order to have democracy, and even then, it has to be more than a demo and it cannot be a democrazy.
0 Replies
 
giujohn
 
  0  
Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2014 07:50 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank... Why should paying taxes be so complex?? It wasnt when it was first imposed!!

What pray tell is wrong with my answer that you would label it "simple" as in your obvious insinuation that it's simple minded?

Quote:
So very simple.


But maybe you think a 74000 page rule book is a GOOD idea, right?
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2014 10:49 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:
I'm curious how and where you bought
those land mines if you didn't leave your property.
How about making them there ?
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2014 10:52 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

OmSigDAVID wrote:

The militia (i.e., the armed citizenry)


Let's see them take on a bunch of well paid highly trained mercenaries armed with the very latest in military hardware. What's to stop these multinationals nuking the militia? Those who don't see sense and join the mercenaries that is.
Well, then how about the militia pre-emptively nuking them FIRST??
0 Replies
 
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2014 11:01 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
So you want to punish people for being poor.
No. I just want the natural laws of economics to apply.
Let the thought of Ludwig von Mises lead the way.
I have more respect for personal liberty than u do.





David
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2014 11:04 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

giujohn wrote:

Quote:
Congress writes US Code. The IRS only enforces it.

If you think Congress writes the rules you are living in a fools paradise. I'm amazed at how little people know about their government.

The IRS provides no service that couldnt be done by your local county sherrif's office or the U.S. Marshals Service. You dont send in your taxes and your 3x5 card you get a notice to appear in federal court. You dont appear, a warrant is issued for your arrest. Everyone pays 10% income tax..no loop holes, no lawyers, no 74000 pages of rules. Make gambleing legal in all 50 states and tax it. DONE & DONE.

It aint rocket surgery.


Yeah...guys like you and David have real simple answers for a very complex problem.

So very simple.
Yea. Apply Occam's razor.
wmwcjr
 
  1  
Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2014 01:23 am
@giujohn,
Quote:
Re: RABEL222 (Post 5760136)


Quote:
Said the hard hearted ultra conservative prick.



Yes, but because I am a conservative my prick is much bigger Razz


Ooooo, that burns! Touche!

Somehow this You Tube video seems appropriate now. . . . Mr. Green

izzythepush
 
  0  
Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2014 02:09 am
@OmSigDAVID,
You have no respect for personal liberty, you want to make the rich and powerful even more so, and take away the rights of the common man. Turn the clock back to a time when the aristocracy ruled over serfs and peasants. What use is the right to bear arms when you can't afford to put food on the table?
Frank Apisa
 
  1  
Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2014 03:35 am
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Frank... Why should paying taxes be so complex?? It wasnt when it was first imposed!!


Do you realize, John, how vacuous those two sentences are? Listen to them in a different form:

Why should cars be so complex? They weren't when they first came on the scene.



Quote:
What pray tell is wrong with my answer that you would label it "simple" as in your obvious insinuation that it's simple minded?


I was taking issue with the fact that you suggested it could be done on a 3 x 5 card...that a few minor taxes could take care of everything...that the intense pressures of special interest would not negate almost every suggestion you made.

Yes, John, it is simple minded to suppose such a complex question could have such a simple solution.

I can get as frustrated as you at the mess...but to go from that to suggesting that the repair is almost a nothing to accomplish is asinine, so yes, I am adding asinine to the simple minded insinuation.




Quote:

Quote:
So very simple.



But maybe you think a 74000 page rule book is a GOOD idea, right?


I wish it weren't that complicated and involved...but I also wish the entire process were fairer (the way I see fairness).

But if wishes were horses, even poor people would have transportation.
Frank Apisa
 
  1  
Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2014 03:37 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

giujohn wrote:

Quote:
Congress writes US Code. The IRS only enforces it.

If you think Congress writes the rules you are living in a fools paradise. I'm amazed at how little people know about their government.

The IRS provides no service that couldnt be done by your local county sherrif's office or the U.S. Marshals Service. You dont send in your taxes and your 3x5 card you get a notice to appear in federal court. You dont appear, a warrant is issued for your arrest. Everyone pays 10% income tax..no loop holes, no lawyers, no 74000 pages of rules. Make gambleing legal in all 50 states and tax it. DONE & DONE.

It aint rocket surgery.


Yeah...guys like you and David have real simple answers for a very complex problem.

So very simple.
Yea. Apply Occam's razor.



Apply Occam's Razor to the question of the apparent movement of the sun, moon, and stars...

...and you come up with utter nonsense.

Occam's Razor is an abomination.
0 Replies
 
parados
 
  1  
Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2014 07:17 am
@giujohn,
Quote:

The IRS provides no service that couldnt be done by your local county sherrif's office or the U.S. Marshals Service. You dont send in your taxes and your 3x5 card you get a notice to appear in federal court.

I'm curious who you think would check if you sent in your taxes. It wouldn't be any local sheriff. It would require a federal agency to keep records. Wait.... that's what the IRS does.

Quote:

If you think Congress writes the rules you are living in a fools paradise.
If you think Code is the same thing as rules then you are the fool in paradise.
parados
 
  1  
Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2014 07:19 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

parados wrote:
I'm curious how and where you bought
those land mines if you didn't leave your property.
How about making them there ?

Really? With what? Since you can't leave the property what are you going to use? Do you grow mines on trees? Maybe you have a detonator vine.
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2014 12:39 am
@parados,
U can t order IN ??
FedEx does not deliver to your address ?
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2014 12:53 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
You have no respect for personal liberty,[????]
you want to make the rich and powerful even more so,
and take away the rights of the common man.
WHICH rights do u have in mind, that I want to "take away"???



izzythepush wrote:
Turn the clock back to a time
when the aristocracy ruled over serfs and peasants.
I did not advocate that.


izzythepush wrote:
What use is the right to bear arms
when you can't afford to put food on the table?
Admittedly, famines have resulted from crop failures,
but, that aside, I don t believe that any starvations occurred;
nothing that I remember.





David
0 Replies
 
parados
 
  2  
Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2014 11:08 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

U can t order IN ??
FedEx does not deliver to your address ?

You have proposed there is no government. How would Fed Ex get to your property without roads?
Baldimo
 
  1  
Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2014 11:38 am
@parados,
Are you saying there was no such thing as roads prior to the creation of the govt? No one took the time and money to make a road that led somewhere?
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2014 12:25 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:
Are you saying there was no such thing as roads prior to the creation of the govt?
No one took the time and money to make a road that led somewhere?
He 's probably going to attribute "government" to the bully
in the area that everyone was afraid of at the time.
0 Replies
 
RABEL222
 
  1  
Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2014 01:35 pm
@Baldimo,
Try driving a 40 ton truck on a dirt road in the midwest today. You'll find why the government is needed when your truck sinks into the ground clear to the axle.
Setanta
 
  1  
Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2014 01:46 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:
Are you saying there was no such thing as roads prior to the creation of the govt? No one took the time and money to make a road that led somewhere?


If you are referring to North America, there certainly were no roads until Europeans showed up. There were commonly used paths, of course--but no one was clearing a path, laying down logs or paving. The same thing was true in Britain before the coming of the legions. There was the Icknield Way and Watling Street--but those were just glorified trails, and, of course, there was government in the form of tribal chieftains, just as there were when Europeans reached North America. You're not a stupid man, so i can only assume you asked such a question because you are eager to argue with Parados.
Baldimo
 
  1  
Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2014 01:47 pm
@RABEL222,
Are you implying that no one but the govt is capable of building a road with concrete or black top? No one but the govt knows how to tie rebar together and pour concrete over the top of it?

I can tell you that I know how to pour concrete and finish it as well. Spent an entire summer working for my uncle, all we did was pour sidewalks and driveways.

Seems to me that the govt only pays for the work, they don't do the work.
 

Related Topics

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, EVERYONE! - Discussion by OmSigDAVID
WIND AND WATER - Discussion by Setanta
Who ordered the construction of the Berlin Wall? - Discussion by Walter Hinteler
True version of Vlad Dracula, 15'th century - Discussion by gungasnake
ONE SMALL STEP . . . - Discussion by Setanta
History of Gun Control - Discussion by gungasnake
Where did our notion of a 'scholar' come from? - Discussion by TuringEquivalent
 
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 06/15/2024 at 09:52:52