Law Enforcement and the African-American community

giujohn

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2014 08:15 pm
@roger,
Quote:
Then, you might want to tighten up your definitions.

Well said ROGER...OVER AND OUT
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2014 08:28 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
That's a fact; the president can start wars, but congress funds them.

Once again CI has failed his basic civics lesson. Congress has no money, they are merely the money managers...it is the American taxpayer that funds the wars.
RABEL222

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2014 10:36 pm
@giujohn,
He dident say declare wars. He said start wars. If your going to disagree with a statement than post the correct one not your perception of what you thought he said.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2014 10:39 pm
@giujohn,
And you think with your last couple of posts you have shown a better understanding of U S of A government? I think you need to return to class and read some more books.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2014 10:50 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Where oh where in the War Powers does it use the words: (that you used)

DECLARE WAR????? Rolling Eyes

I rest my case.

Could you please point out where in my posts I used the expression that the President can "declare war"? I've looked and I can't find it. In fact, my point is that all the wars we've been engaged in since 1945 have been undeclared conflicts. You are absolutely correct in saying that the Constitution reserves the power to declare war for the Congress. But the POTUS, as CinC of the armed forces, can wage any number of hostile actions without calling them "wars" as long as he/she can convince Congress to bankroll these ventures.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2014 10:53 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

The President can initiate military action for a limited time only. The War Powers Resolution does not supersede the Constitution.

Nothing can supersede the Constitution, roger. That is the supreme law of the land. However, as with so many lesser laws, that doesn't mean there's no way to get around it.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2014 10:58 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Quote:
That's a fact; the president can start wars, but congress funds them.

Once again CI has failed his basic civics lesson. Congress has no money, they are merely the money managers...it is the American taxpayer that funds the wars.

That's really, really picking nits at random. What the ultimate source of the money is (i.e. the taxpayer in this case) is completely and totally irrelevant. The point is that once the taxes are on deposit, it's Congress that controls the purse-strings.
giujohn

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2014 08:37 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Quote:
What the ultimate source of the money is (i.e. the taxpayer in this case) is completely and totally irrelevant

I'm positive the American taxpayer would vehemently disagree with your ridiculous statement.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2014 08:46 pm
@giujohn,
**** off, ****-for-brains!

You obviously don't even understand what I'm saying. I'm an American taxpayer. That has nothing to do with anything we've talked about here, Idiot shithead.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2014 09:27 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Don't waste time with this imbecile! They have absolutely no understanding about the country of their birth. Where they attended school is another matter; it only proves they learned nothing.
One Eyed Mind

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2014 09:39 pm
@cicerone imposter,
What do they not understand, exactly? I don't mind people disagreeing, but they really need to specify their disagreements, it's really stupid that people don't do this often.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2014 09:43 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
You'll have to go back and read the exchange if you're interested.
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2014 03:33 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Quote:
I'm an American taxpayer.

I would absolutley love for you and other bleeding heart liberal DUMB ASSES to pay a lot more income tax so I dont have too and make me "irirelevant".

Quote:
That has nothing to do with anything we've talked about here

LOL...Hey DUMB ASS...it has EVERY thing to do with it. IT"S MY MONEY WE' RE TALKING ABOUT!
Dont get pissed at me cause I called you on your stupid statement, except that you're a DUMB ASS and move on...embrace it, own it...it's yours!
RABEL222

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2014 04:15 pm
@giujohn,
Whats wrong? Pissed off cause you cant tell the IRS to fuk off like you do the water, electric, and gas companies.
giujohn

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2014 04:39 pm
@RABEL222,
I dont tell the utilities to **** off...unlike the IRS they actually provide me with a service.
RABEL222

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2014 10:27 pm
@giujohn,
Yes but do you pay them for their service or do you try to stiff them like you would like to stiff the IRS if you had the balls?
One Eyed Mind

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2014 10:36 pm
@RABEL222,
Curious. Could you ever dream of conversing with each other without the insults? I'll just say it's silly to get upset at someone if you're not focusing on the argument.
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2014 02:54 pm
@RABEL222,
Asked amd answered.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2014 04:07 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Quote:
What the ultimate source of the money is (i.e. the taxpayer in this case) is completely and totally irrelevant

I'm positive the American taxpayer would vehemently disagree with your ridiculous statement.

You seem to forget that Congress continually spends money that they haven't taken from the taxpayer.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2014 04:09 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

I dont tell the utilities to **** off...unlike the IRS they actually provide me with a service.

The IRS does provide you with a service. You just don't want to admit they do.