Law Enforcement and the African-American community

roger

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2014 03:32 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Hot Damn! Report Card Showdown.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2014 05:02 pm
Ill be damned if I'm going to post my straight d's report card!!!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2014 07:26 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Here's my younger son's diploma who graduated cum laude.
http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag215/Tak_Nomura/scan0001_zpsa88c62b8.jpg
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2014 05:29 am
@cicerone imposter,
Well, your younger son graduated cum laude.

Interesting.

Not to put too fine a point on it, though, you said your elder son graduated summa cum laude. I thought that was the one you were going to post.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2014 12:14 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
Well, your younger son graduated cum laude.

Interesting.

Not to put too fine a point on it, though, you said your elder son graduated summa cum laude.
I thought that was the one you were going to post.
Maybe he was lying, exaggerating the honors, to look better.
That coud be possible; we don t know for sure. He does not
have a good record for credibility.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2014 12:20 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
The issue was about knowing who earned being on the "dean's list." However, that seems to pass way over a few heads here. LOL

I've said on several posts on this thread and others that both our sons earned honors. If you don't believe me, that's your problem. Go skulk with your damn ignorance.
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2014 02:32 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
The president can declare war even if the people are against it. That's supreme power!

WHAT?? Are you high?

Are ya familar with the Conststution?? Article 1 section 8???

Also, you want me to post my university documents? How bout I provide you my American Express card # and passwords to my bank accounts. Anything else??
Lustig Andrei

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2014 02:35 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Quote:
The president can declare war even if the people are against it. That's supreme power!

WHAT?? Are you high?

Are ya familar with the Conststution?? Article 1 section 8???

Are you saying, then, that this country has had no wars since World War II? That was the last time Congress had anything to do with a war declaration.
giujohn

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2014 02:47 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
What I'm saying is that CI makes up his own definitions for the English language to further his points. (You did read the quote, didnt you?)
Lustig Andrei

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2014 02:53 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

What I'm saying is that CI makes up his own definitions for the English language to further his points. (You did read the quote, didnt you?)

Sure, I read the quote. And he's quite right in suggesting that the president has almost unlimited powers to get us involved in whatever overseas adventure seems advisable to the White House. This has nothing to do with powers granted or not granted by the Constitution. It's just the way things have evolved over time.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2014 02:59 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
That's a fact; the president can start wars, but congress funds them.

As the Commander In Chief, the President can direct any general to start a war.

It's been done:
Quote:
WAR POWERS RESOLUTION

After the Kennedy, Johnson, and Nixon Administrations spent nearly a decade committing U.S. troops to Southeast Asia without Congressional approval, in 1973 Congress responded by passing the War Powers Resolution. The Resolution sought to halt the erosion of Congress's ability to participate in war-making decisions, an aim furthered by the Resolution's requirement that the President communicate to Congress the commitment of troops within 48 hours. Further, the statute requires the President to remove all troops after 60 days if Congress has not granted an extension.

Lustig Andrei

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2014 03:53 pm
@cicerone imposter,
More importantly, the War Powers Resolution of 1973 acknowledges the right of the Executive branch of the government (i.e. the President) to commit U.S. military might to hostile action without seeking a declaration of war from the Legislative branch (i.e. the Congress) first. This gives any president unprecedented powers. FDR had to go before Congress and ask permission to get even with Japan for the attack on Pearl Harbor. Dubya Bush needed no such permission to order an invasion of Iraq and of Afghanistan.
giujohn

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2014 06:19 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Where oh where in the War Powers does it use the words: (that you used)

DECLARE WAR????? Rolling Eyes

I rest my case.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2014 06:38 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
I believe we said the same thing; the president can start wars.
roger

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2014 06:43 pm
@cicerone imposter,
The President can initiate military action for a limited time only. The War Powers Resolution does not supersede the Constitution.
RABEL222

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2014 06:48 pm
@giujohn,
Guijohn, where do you live? The Korean war was a police action. The Vietnaum war was a police action. All the wars since WW2 have been police actions. Another political redefinition like political contribution and graft.
roger

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2014 07:51 pm
@RABEL222,
And "reset". And "pivot".
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2014 07:57 pm
@roger,
We're only talking about the president's ability to start a war without congressional approval. Yes, he has limits, but he can still start wars.
roger

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2014 08:06 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Then, you might want to tighten up your definitions.
giujohn

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2014 08:14 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
Guijohn, where do you live? The Korean war was a police action. The Vietnaum war was a police action. All the wars since WW2 have been police actions. Another political redefinition like political contribution and graft.

LOL, what point are you arguing here???
I am merely pointing out that CI was once again wrong in his knowlegde of all thing American when he erroniously stated that The president can "delare war".
I agree, Korea and VN were UNDECLARED WARS.