I need some advice/guidance

boomerang

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 09:48 pm
@ehBeth,
I know I can't make the interest go away.

I'm good at walking on eggshells though.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 09:51 pm
@boomerang,
boomerang wrote:
I'm just deleting them.

Don't just delete them. Block them - and check your privacy settings. They shouldn't even be able to find you.
boomerang

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 10:07 pm
@ehBeth,
Okay. I'll do that.

I was just checking my privacy settings.

I've liked Mo's school and his football team and I can't find how to make that info private. That I'm friends with OM also shows up on my "public" page and I can't find how to hide that.

The way it looks to me is that anyone who searches my name can find out those three things and I'd rather not have that known.

Is there any way that I can hide that?
boomerang

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 10:09 pm
@ehBeth,
How do I block them?

I see confirm or delete....
ehBeth

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 10:21 pm
@boomerang,
Set up a group that just includes you. Mark things you ''like'' as visible only to that group.

You can limit who sees your friends list through the privacy settings. It can be all the way from no one to public.

You could also set up another group that just includes you and OM and set it so the group is private - no one can see who is in the group.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 10:22 pm
@boomerang,
I'm looking for someone I want to block so I can practice - I've done it a few times but not often enough to have it automatic in my brain.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 10:28 pm
@boomerang,
ok - found it - click on their name

on their page - bottom right of the big photo at the top of the page - there is a message option - next to that three dots - click on the dots - block is one of the dropdowns
boomerang

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 10:55 pm
@ehBeth,
Thanks so much ehBeth.

I'm making progress.

It looks like I've set it to the ultimate privacy level but things still show up on the "see what shows up on your public profile" (or whatever it says) page.

I'm hoping it just takes a bit to update.

I don't want to get too paranoid but I absolutely don't want to leave OM open to any problems from this guy.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 11:06 pm
@boomerang,
Quote:
I don't want to get too paranoid but I absolutely don't want to leave OM open to any problems from this guy.

that is none of your business...your business is their relationship as individuals with Mo. Focus.
boomerang

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 11:14 pm
@ehBeth,
Okay! I've got it all figured out and none of that is showing up anymore.

Thank you!!!
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 11:14 pm
Post based on incomplete information Smile

boomerang

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 11:17 pm
@hawkeye10,
I don't want to be the cause of a bunch of **** for anyone. That will just complicate things for Mo... and me.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 11:23 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
OF may feel incredibly manipulated.
Who knows, but Boomer started none of this right now and of course she has nothing to do with where OF and OM relationship is right now...If crap happens she has no ownership.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 11:29 pm
@Lash,
It's all become very confusing.

I'm going to just sit on it a few days without doing one damn thing.

Mo loves Good Aunt and her husband. I don't want to take that away from him.
Lash

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 11:42 pm
@boomerang,
I'd hate for that relationship to be hurt, as well. A lot of cooks in the kitchen now.

boomerang

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 11:51 pm
@Lash,
I just hope we can cook something delicious!
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2014 02:35 pm
I met Good Aunt for coffee today.

She was horrified and embarrassed about the note OF sent to me. She felt incredibly guilty for even putting me in touch with him. We agreed that Mo should not see him at this time and we agreed on how to talk about it with Mo.

I also found out that Mo has a secret half brother who lives about an hour away. OF isn't involved in this kid's life either.

Now I just have to respond to OF's note and hope it doesn't escalate things....
roger

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2014 02:37 pm
@boomerang,
Sometimes the supreme revenge is no response at all.
boomerang

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2014 02:41 pm
@roger,
I've considered that.

But I don't want revenge. I don't even feel vengeful.

But he's harassing his sister to the point where it is making all areas of her life miserable so I've got to put it to bed.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2014 03:30 pm
Tricky.
I've no advice.
No response seems right, but I get your qualms. And reacting may put all that on you.. and maybe not stop him harassing her.

The good thing is that you and good aunt understand each other.