restaurant users

Reply Thu 24 Oct, 2013 07:11 pm
Is it ok to refer to restaurant customers/patrons as restaurant users? Thanks.

View best answer, chosen by Doubtful
Ragman

Reply Thu 24 Oct, 2013 08:18 pm
@Doubtful,
It's doubtful.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 24 Oct, 2013 08:33 pm
@Doubtful,
You could, but it will sound odd.
0 Replies

JTT
  Selected Answer

Reply Thu 24 Oct, 2013 08:53 pm
@Doubtful,
Quote:
Is it ok to refer to restaurant customers/patrons as restaurant users? Thanks.

I would think so, just not to their faces. As a description in a trade journal or newspaper, my guess is that it has been used, though I can't say for sure.
JTT

Reply Thu 24 Oct, 2013 09:16 pm
@JTT,
Google Advanced Search

"restaurant users"

About 52,100 results
NSFW (view)
NSFW (view)
NSFW (view)
NSFW (view)
NSFW (view)
Lordyaswas

Reply Fri 25 Oct, 2013 04:46 am
"Lordyaswas should be moved to an unsecure ward"

0 Replies

Doubtful

Reply Fri 25 Oct, 2013 10:31 am
@JTT,
Thanks, everyone. Yes, it has been used in academic and newspaper articles. I found those after I asked here. It does sound strange though. I think goers would have been a better word.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 25 Oct, 2013 10:39 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
You can prove anything with google.

One thing that one can easily prove is that you and Contrex are bald faced liars, but we don't actually need Google to prove that for you both have provided more than enough examples of that here at A2K.

You really ought to stay out of the language threads for it's apparent that research is not your long suit.

Contrex has done research but you can never be sure what's what from him for he has been known to steal others works and ideas from the internet and pass these off as his own so in addition to being ignorant on language issues he is also a thief. He actually has made claims to being an English teacher, but now says he is an accountant - scary for his clients/students on both counts.

One must also note just how focused yours and Contrex's post were on the language issues. As I said, Contrex has suggested that he is/was an English teacher.
0 Replies

NSFW (view)
dalehileman

Reply Fri 25 Oct, 2013 01:35 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
"restaurant users" About 52,100 results
"restaurant patrons" about sixteen and half million
NSFW (view)
JTT

Reply Fri 25 Oct, 2013 03:26 pm
@contrex,
So says the thief Contrex.

Quote:
Contrex stealing another person's words and ideas.

Quote:

http://able2know.org/topic/217676-1

Post # 5,380,743

@contrex,
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/food-allergy/AN01109

What's the difference between a food intolerance and food allergy?

Answer
from James T C Li, M.D., Ph.D. : A food intolerance can cause some of the same signs and symptoms as a food allergy, so people often confuse the two.

Contrex: A food intolerance can cause some of the same signs and symptoms as a food allergy, so people often confuse the two.

James T C Li, M.D., Ph.D.: A true food allergy causes an immune system reaction that affects numerous organs in the body. It can cause a range of symptoms. In some cases, an allergic food reaction can be severe or life-threatening. In contrast, food intolerance symptoms are generally less serious and are limited to digestive problems.

Contrex: A true food allergy causes an immune system reaction that affects numerous organs in the body. It can cause a range of symptoms. In some cases, an allergic food reaction can be severe or life-threatening. In contrast, food intolerance symptoms are generally less serious and are limited to digestive problems.

0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 25 Oct, 2013 03:28 pm
@dalehileman,
The parameters I set, Dale, had nothing to do with frequency of use, just that it was a possible use. It is as proven by a Google search.

Here are some exactly as I described we would find them, in business magazines and trade journals.

Square Targets Restaurant Users as It Moves Beyond Dog Walkers ...
www.businessweek.com/.

Cashless Vending - Diamond Light Source
www.diamond.ac.uk › ... › User Guide › 4. While you are Here‎
To obtain food from the restaurant, users should present their access card to the till staff. To obtain food from the vending machines, the cards should be swiped ...

Study Shows Techies Are Heavy Restaurant Users - Blue MauMau
www.bluemaumau.org/.../study_shows_techies_are_heavy_restaurant_us...
Jul 24, 2010 - CHICAGO—Research shows that there is a close behavioral tie between consumers who use the latest technology, from smartphones to social ...

Technomic Identifies Top Corporate Social Responsibility Issues ...
www.humaneresearch.org/.../technomic-identifies-top-corporate-social-r...
Technomic Identifies Top Corporate Social Responsibility Issues Among Restaurant Users. Submitted on Aug 29, 2007 (Original item from 2007) Diet and ...
Hunan Chinese Restaurant - Privacy Policy
www.hunanwf.com/privacy
This information is used in aggregated form to improve our services to Hunan Chinese Restaurant users and advertisers. Hunan Chinese Restaurant does not ...
Restaurant Management Archives | - Popcorn
www.gopopcorn.ca/category/blog/restaurant-management/

Oct 1, 2012 - The Millennial demographic are heavy restaurant users but are also looking to cut back spending. Take note of these 7 tips on how you can ...

Economic valuation of health risk exposure of restaurant users in ...
www.academia.edu/.../Economic_valuation_of_health_risk_exposure_of...
Academia.edu helps academics follow the latest research.

Tantalizing New Directions for Online Gaming - WSJ.com
online.wsj.com/.../SB1000142405274870374000457451369152486223...‎
Oct 17, 2013 - ... which has 15 million monthly active users, allows gamers to join with their friends to manage a virtual restaurant. Users pick food ingredients, ...

Technomic Finds Restaurant Users Favor NYC Trans Fat Ban
JTT

Reply Fri 25 Oct, 2013 03:42 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
and starts calling everyone liars.

That's because you have both lied here in a slimy and vain attempt to smear me. I've shown a number of times that you are a liar and it's clear that Contrex is an unrepentant thief so combined you two don't amount to anything that approaches trustworthy.

So you google it, Izzy. It's your contention. Provide a link to your search. I'm stating that you and Contrex are bald faced liars so go ahead and prove that you are not.

It must be noted that neither you or Contrex are addressing the language issue.

eurocelticyankee

Reply Fri 25 Oct, 2013 03:48 pm
@contrex,
I'm Irish so I do tend to curse every now and then.... but for some reason I hate that word.
Maybe it was my good upbringing, thank you Mam.
0 Replies