restaurant users

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2013 03:48 am
@Doubtful,
Doubtful wrote:
Is it ok to refer to restaurant customers/patrons as restaurant users? Thanks.
"Users" sounds odd; not quite right.
I call them customers; "patrons" is OK.
Restaurant personnel call them customers.

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2013 04:40 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
He did exactly that. I suggested that as he was so well acquainted with war crimes he might have committed some himself. He did not deny that, but said that I was being preposterous and said it was like saying I'd sodomised my daughter since she was 13.

She then felt compelled to visit the thread to call JTT out for the sick **** he is.
You can draw your own conclusions about the sort of person he is.
"The sort of person he is" is: mentally sick,
but (in his defense) we already KNOW that about him
from too many social interchanges with him in this forum;
i.e., he who opts to continue social relations with him,
must expect to get befouled in mind or spirit from those interactions.
He who plays with a porcupine or who fondles a cactus
must expect certain results to his hands.
( Does the wise man suppose that a porcupine will go bald?? )

Accordingly, I 've had JTT on Ignore for a long time.
I have discovered that while I have him on Ignore,
my world is clean of him and I need have no concern,
but he who continues to play with JTT must expect him to remain JTT.

David
izzythepush

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2013 05:42 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
Accordingly, I 've had JTT on Ignore for a long time.
I have discovered that while I have him on Ignore,
my world is clean of him and I need have no concern,
but he who continues to play with JTT must expect him to remain JTT.

It appears most people have, but that doesn't stop him snapping at your heels, desperate to be noticed.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2013 06:37 am
@izzythepush,
Is there a snap,
if u dont hear it??

I agree that his desperation to be heard is sad.
Presumably, his mental health care professionals (if such there be)
dont want us to ostracize him, but he made the conscious choice
to be universally abhorrent. We dont have to put up with that.
0 Replies

TheSubliminalKid

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2013 06:54 am
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Yes, you are lying, just as you lied before in this very thread, just as you lie in other threads.

And you have an enormous problem defending your lies.

Lies, you say?
http://media.tumblr.com/822c8d906f7dbebacda11bb36afe7123/tumblr_inline_mvbvq76v9x1rd2e6z.jpg
And over here in China:
http://media.tumblr.com/e995edc84d4c906a29c46bb64faf19ec/tumblr_inline_mvbvpwJJwi1rd2e6z.jpg
http://media.tumblr.com/77f811650ff3dcab70eb6e8ab8d0d7da/tumblr_inline_mvbvqjdRxL1rd2e6z.jpg
http://media.tumblr.com/00616f3f68fe6cf87f0771ec85c3954d/tumblr_inline_mvbvr4fJLB1rd2e6z.jpg
TheSubliminalKid

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2013 06:55 am
@JTT,
"JTT is a cock womble"

8320 results
izzythepush

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2013 06:57 am
@TheSubliminalKid,
He gets about a lot doesn't he?
0 Replies

timur

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2013 07:04 am
@TheSubliminalKid,
This is a lie, there are zero results for that specific phrase.

However, there are two results for "you're an absolute cock womble".

Both were uttered last year on A2K.
contrex

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2013 07:07 am
I'm from South London originally. Do you suppose "cock wombles" are those men one used to see on Wimbledon Common, that my Mum used to warn me about when I was a boy? Despite my questions, she was curiously non-specific about exactly why I was supposed to avoid them, (except to say that they liked to "hurt little boys") She also warned me to avoid the public toilets on the Common. I once defied her warning because of necessity and spent an enlightening half hour reading the many messages and little stories, plus some rather (even to my young eye) ill-executed sketches, that completely covered all the walls and door of a cubicle in there. I took care to wait until the urinal part was empty before emerging.

I once saw the inside of a toilet door in a shopping mall on Avenue Jean Médécin in Nice called "Nice Etoile" which provided me with an invaluable language lesson - "Cherche jeune mec pour me sucer la bite" etc, so it's not just a Brit thing.

TheSubliminalKid

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2013 07:09 am
@timur,
timur wrote:

This is a lie, there are zero results for that specific phrase.

http://media.tumblr.com/afd3cd3b9f033b5ebc2e65d00708daa1/tumblr_inline_mvbwi3lnFt1rd2e6z.jpg
izzythepush

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2013 07:10 am
@timur,
That would be me. My examples aren't the only use of the phrase though.

Quote:
Piss off you absolute cock-womble

In response to David Cameron's first tweet.

http://storify.com/nmemagazine/david-cameron-s-first-tweet-a-nation-responds
izzythepush

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2013 07:12 am
@contrex,
I think we're both of the generation where we learned more about sex from what was written on bog walls than we did at school.
timur

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2013 07:16 am
@izzythepush,
You know I knew one of those was you.

But I'm not discussing the grammatical use of the phrase or its intrinsic value.

The assertions about google results were so far devoid of soundness.
timur

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2013 07:18 am
@TheSubliminalKid,
That's a clueless search, just some random words.

Try quoting the phrase and see what happens.

http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/6930/d2vs.jpg
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2013 07:37 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

I think we're both of the generation where we learned more about sex from what was written on bog walls than we did at school.

Even at the age of 10 I felt that the (quite long) story that started "My older brother recently joined the Merchant Navy. When he came home on leave we had to share a bed..." was made up, even though the handwriting was very neat, and the grammar impeccable.

When I was about 7 a boy at junior school called Robert W****** told me that he knew how babies were made. He said that a man and woman "put their cocks together". I knew girls didn't have "cocks", so this could not be so. He got a girl pregnant when he was 14. Perhaps this was because of his ignorance, I don't know.

My parents carried out my sex education in an odd way. I was a bookish little chap, and by the age of 10 I had read just about all the books on the bookshelf in the sitting room, and many more besides. One day I noticed a new addition: "Two Hungarian Poets". The dust jacket proclaimed it to be "A collection of poems by two Hungarian brothers, Henri and Gustav De la Umberg, in the original Hungarian". I was puzzled because I knew that neither of my parents liked poetry or understood Hungarian. I opened the book and found that it was actually "What Is Sex? A Guide For Young People" by someone called Helena Wright BSc. It pretty well covered everything one needed to know. The dust jacket was reversible, with the real one printed on the other side, as a note on the title page advised, to avoid embarrassment. I later found out that Helena Wright was a disciple of Marie Stopes in the 1920s.

izzythepush

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2013 08:56 am
@timur,
timur wrote:
The assertions about google results were so far devoid of soundness.

You don't say.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2013 09:44 am

What 's a womble ?
JTT

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2013 09:44 am
@TheSubliminalKid,
The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, does it, SK? A liar, probably congenital, just like her pa. Now that comes as no surprise.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2013 09:52 am
@contrex,
Quote:
I was a bookish little chap

If you've read so much, why are you so incompetent when it comes to describing the English language, Contrex? There are many excellent resources available, some I think that even you could understand, that would bring you at least partially up to speed.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2013 10:10 am
@contrex,
Quote:
My parents carried out my sex education in an odd way.

That's not odd, that's perverted, C. It's apparent that from these two "parents" you got your inability to deal honestly with anything.