Breaking News: Shooting in Milwaukee

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2012 08:04 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
So are you saying America is at war with Islam?
I 'd have put it the other way around,
but the same as the Japs and the 3rd Reich,
if thay go to war against u, then u r in a state of war, defensively.

This is World War Four.

David
izzythepush

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2012 09:36 am
@OmSigDAVID,
It can be argued that the West has been at war with Islam for a very long time. 9/11 didn't happen out of the blue, there were longstanding grievances. If you choose to tar all Moslems with the Al Qaida brush, you will prove Bin Laden right. That will mean fighting America will become a religious obligation for all Moslems.

Is that a world you want to live in?

A better idea would be to reassure American Moslems, let them know the struggle is with terrorists, not law-abiding citizens. If that doesn't happen, another 9/11 is certain.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2012 05:41 pm
@izzythepush,
I think David is confusing Islam per se with the splinter groups of violent Islamists (e.g. Hezbollah, alQaeida etc.) who hate the West and the USA in particular. This is the same kind of mentality which, during World War II, lumped all Japanese together as "the enemy", even if the persons in question were loyal American citizens, born in America and educated in the public schools which teach all about American "democracy." So we put Japanese-Americans in concentration camps (yes, that's exactly what those so-called "detention" camps amounted to). Then, later on, of course, it was emabarrasing to have to admit that the most valiant. most decorated American military units in Europe had been composed entirely of Americans of Japanese Descent (aka Nisei) -- the 100th Infantry Battalion and the 224th Regimental Combat Team.

Maybe what we need now is a group of militant Muslims to offer to come and give the West aid in fighting the firebrand Islamist terrorists. Nahh. We probably wouldn't trust them if they offered. We're like that.
BillRM

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2012 06:06 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Well a nation state did put out an open hit contract on an author of a book living in the West for religion reasons so it is a little more then splinter groups of violent Islamists but whole nation states who had been or are in control by those violent Islanmists.

The 911 terrorists planners was shielded at the time by the legal government of Afghanistan .

Then we have our so call friend Pakistan with the master mind of 911 living a few miles from their West Point analog for many years.

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2012 11:04 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
It can be argued that the West has been at war with Islam for a very long time.
That 's one way to look at it.

izzythepush wrote:
9/11 didn't happen out of the blue, there were longstanding grievances.
I think thay got mad because we supported Israel.

izzythepush wrote:
If you choose to tar all Moslems with the Al Qaida brush, you will prove Bin Laden right.
That will mean fighting America will become a religious obligation for all Moslems.

Is that a world you want to live in?
Can we choose who attacks us??
Did we select Atta or Laden ?

izzythepush wrote:
A better idea would be to reassure American Moslems,
let them know the struggle is with terrorists, not law-abiding citizens.
Too many of them have proven to be mentally un-stable,
blowing things up, or attempting to do so.

izzythepush wrote:
If that doesn't happen, another 9/11 is certain.
Alien Moslems have been capable of attacking until now.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2012 12:21 am

Lustig Andrei wrote:
I think David is confusing Islam per se with the splinter groups of violent Islamists (e.g. Hezbollah, alQaeida etc.) who hate the West and the USA in particular. This is the same kind of mentality which, during World War II, lumped all Japanese together as "the enemy", even if the persons in question were loyal American citizens, born in America and educated in the public schools which teach all about American "democracy."
We were uncertain of their loyalty.
Look at how few Moslems were needed to execute the 9/11/1 attacks; not even 2O.

Lustig Andrei wrote:
So we put Japanese-Americans in concentration camps
(yes, that's exactly what those so-called "detention" camps amounted to).
Yes.

Lustig Andrei wrote:
Then, later on, of course, it was emabarrasing to have to admit that the most valiant. most decorated American military units in Europe had been composed entirely of Americans of Japanese Descent (aka Nisei) -- the 100th Infantry Battalion and the 224th Regimental Combat Team.

Maybe what we need now is a group of militant Muslims to offer to come and give the West aid in fighting the firebrand Islamist terrorists.

Nahh. We probably wouldn't trust them if they offered. We're like that.
Trusting is a bad business; it shud be kept to a minimum.

David
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2012 03:18 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Well a nation state did put out an open hit contract on an author of a book living in the West for religion reasons so it is a little more then splinter groups of violent Islamists but whole nation states who had been or are in control by those violent Islanmists.

The 911 terrorists planners was shielded at the time by the legal government of Afghanistan .

Then we have our so call friend Pakistan with the master mind of 911 living a few miles from their West Point analog for many years.

So, by that logic all people who own weapons in America are murderers who like to shoot up Cinemas.

I like the way your festering mind ignores all the innocent civilians killed by drones in Pakistan. Are you saying that America has the right to kill Moslems just because they're Moslems, that's what it sounds like.
BillRM

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2012 03:33 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
your festering mind ignores all the innocent civilians killed by drones in Pakistan. Are you saying that America has the right to kill Moslems just because they're Moslems, that's what it sounds like.

The good and 'innocent' people of the tribal areas had leadership that had the power to allow or not to allow the terrorists to live and operate on their territory so if that leadership allow our enemies to take shelter among them they are the ones that are assuming the risks of harm to their own people when we go after the terrorists.

Footnote it is amusing that the Pakistan government claims that they do not have control of the tribal areas on the one hands and on the other whine from time to time that we are not respecting their national sovereignty on the other when we need to go in to deal with our enemies operating from there.

That is call having it both ways.

izzythepush

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2012 03:43 am
@BillRM,
So it's always somebody else's fault. I suppose it was the Sikh's fault for wearing turbans and having beards.
BillRM

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2012 04:05 am
@izzythepush,
Izzy I know that you being a same person there must be a tied in somewhere between the US government using drones to take out our enemies living in the tribal areas and one sick gentleman attacking the Sikh temple in the US.

Did the Sikh hide some terrorists in their temple I do not know about or was the shooter a US government agent?
izzythepush

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2012 05:18 am
@BillRM,
Try writing in coherent sentences, otherwise don't bother.

With your attitude you shouldn't be surprised to learn that young angry men are queueing up to kill Americans.

When people like you, perpetrate the childish myth that America can do no wrong, and everything is the Moslem's own fault, you're heading for a confrontation you can never win.

If (God forbid,) another 9/11 does take place, you can't say you weren't warned. If I was running an Al Qaida website, your's and David's posts would be very useful in convincing disaffected young men that America hates all Moslems, regardless of whether or not they're extremists. In your case it would also provide evidence of the profound stupidity of the infidel, as he can't even write in his own language.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2012 05:24 am
@izzythepush,
I have never h8ed rattlesnakes,
tho I know that thay have been lethally dangerous.
We know that Moslems in America have been lethally dangerous.
I have not gener8ed the effort to raise an emotion toward them,
but I remain informed of their history.

David
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2012 05:28 am
@izzythepush,
My my young men can line up all they wish to kill Americans but if they do not wish drone strikes to occur in the tribal areas then they will need to get their leadership to stop offering safe shelter in those tribal areas to our enemies.

Oh they seem to line up to kill UK citizens just as fast even young men that was raised/born under your flag.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2012 05:41 am
@BillRM,
They weren't killing us until we went along with the illegal invasion of Iraq.

Then again you've never been interested in reason.

If Moslems continue to feel attacked by Americans, and the Mosque that was firebombed inside America is a case in point, they'll come to the conclusion that America is the enemy.

You can't grind them all into submission, even though you'd like to.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2012 06:17 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
They weren't killing us until we went along with the illegal invasion of Iraq.
WHICH law did the invasion violate??

izzythepush wrote:
Then again you've never been interested in reason.

If Moslems continue to feel attacked by Americans,
and the Mosque that was firebombed inside America is a case in point,
they'll come to the conclusion that America is the enemy.
That already happened.

Showing weakness is the worst provocation.

David
BillRM

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2012 06:22 am
@OmSigDAVID,
I am sure that izzy can tell us what country we invaded before 911?

Seems not invading countries is not the solution to being attack.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2012 06:47 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Hell David the 911 attackers was mainly citizens of a country that we protected from an invasion from Iraq as a matter of fact.

But then Izzy see the world in a very strange and somewhat simple manner that match the working of his strange and simple mind.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2012 07:14 am
@OmSigDAVID,
We did not have a security reesolution authorising invasion. Therefore the invasion was illegal.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2012 08:20 am
@BillRM,
You really are stupid Bill, you can live in a fool's paradise where you believe that 9/11 happened because you have freedoms that Moslems hate, or you can face up to reality.

If you need to be told why Moslems would have a grievance against America prior to 9/11 you really are incredibly ignorant.

Here's a few things off the top of my head.

1) The one sided support of Israel over Palestine.
2) Support for the Shah's coup against a democratically elected government.
3) The stationing of 'infidel' troops in the land of the prophet.
4) Propping up of unpopular dictators like Hosni Mubarak, as long as they did what America wanted.
5) American naval bases in the Gulf.

Now not every Moslem is outraged enough by these actions to fly planes into skyscrapers, but considering what has happened since, there's probably a lot more now than there was then.

Your incredibly simple take on things, and Islamaphobic attitude in general means that another 9/11 is more likely, if that attitude is typical.

As I said earlier, if you want to avoid bombs, you should be reaching out to the Islamic community, not trying to alienate them. That's just common sense, a quality you don't seem to have.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2012 09:46 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
Can we choose who attacks us??
Did we select Atta or Laden ?

apparently you choose Americans to attack Americans

Quote:
In 2010 - the latest year for which detailed statistics are available - there were 12,996 murders in the US. Of those, 8,775 were caused by firearms.

(that's from the FBI site http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2010/crime-in-the-u.s.-2010 )

Americans with guns kill more Americans each year than anyone else manages to. What do you plan to do about that? Distrust all Americans? You'd probably be right.