We maybe moving soon

Below viewing threshold (view)
Sturgis

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2012 05:53 am
@msolga,
Quote:
My own personal view is that I think that Morgan might be upset at his personal business being the subject of a discussion here. I think I would be, too. But, for those of you now moving out, don't slam the whole community here for the crazy discussion that followed. OK?
If you've decided to move out, & I'd be really sorry if you actually do, it's for your own reasons.
And if that's the case, my very best wishes to you for the future, especially to you, Morgan, Marco & Antonio.
They've been pretty much up front from the start discussing personal matters, including pics of their home, pics of their son, talk about property purchase and development, their various activities. It seems odd that mention of this purchase possibility and a possible move would cause them to suddenly leave. Equally odd, is the idea that they came here because of a limit at Facebook and were only here because of the restriction there. If that is the case, then what happens there in the future?

At any rate, it is ultimately their choice and I wish M, M and A all the best as well as the others who have chosen to depart. They were part of our community here and were enjoyable to have around. Perhaps some day in the not too distant future, they will come back. If not, then a simple: Thank you for all you gave while here, may you all have wonderful and lengthy lives.
Ragman

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2012 06:11 am
@Sturgis,
I echo these sentiments:

Quote:
At any rate, it is ultimately their choice and I wish M, M and A all the best as well as the others who have chosen to depart. They were part of our community here and were enjoyable to have around. Perhaps some day in the not too distant future, they will come back. If not, then a simple: Thank you for all you gave while here, may you all have wonderful and lengthy lives
0 Replies

Keith424

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2012 10:13 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
he just snaps his fingers to his deciples and exits.

He's Jewish but he's not Jesus ya dumb ****.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2012 10:37 am
Inquiring minds would like to know: did the tortoises come out of their shell for the Gay Pride Parade?
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2012 11:57 am
@FOUND SOUL,
FOUND SOUL wrote:
@Sloan,
Am I still a newbie? ;( Smile I listen though Smile

You won't always be a newbie, but you'll always be young at heart. Razz Smile Cool

In this world of dancing electrons, don't be subservient; be subversive. Twisted Evil Cool Wink
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2012 02:17 pm
@msolga,
Quote:
I just read this thread right through to see what all the drama is about ...
And I still don't quite get it.

I'm with you, msolga.

Nothing said in this thread should have made anyone want to split from A2K, and that includes the hostile comments from the hawk. Splitting from A2K because of him is according him way too much influence. What he thinks of anyone else's relationships really doesn't matter. He's a habitually angry guy who's probably jealous of the fact that Morgan and Marco are very happy together and he's just trying to stir up trouble where none exists. If his home-life was as happy and as fulfilling as theirs is, he wouldn't be as continuously angry and contemptuous as he almost always is--he's not a happy camper. Anyway, enough about him...he's taken up too much space already.

So, I just can't believe that anyone is really going to make an exit from A2K because of this thread. And I really hope that's true. We enjoy your company, and we'd like you to stick around.

To get back to the topic of the thread...

Maybe it's me but, I'm not sure why the thought of living in a house that was formerly used as a mortuary seems so creepy. The building has been completely renovated, and it's been vacant for two years. I don't think it would bother me to use it as a residence if it were physically suitable for that purpose. But I don't think of buildings as having "lives" or "memories" of former occupants or activities--and I don't know that funeral parlors are all that creepy to begin with--a home has only what I and my family bring to it when we move in, what went on in it before we got there doesn't matter. But that's me.

And I'm not so sure Antonio would get teased about it if he lived in such a place, or that it would really bother him. When I was a kid, one of my friend's dads was a funeral director. They didn't live in the mortuary, but everyone knew what Lillian's dad did for a living and it was a non-issue among the neighborhood kids--Lillian was never teased or taunted in any way about it, it was never really talked about or mentioned--it just didn't affect us in any way, it wasn't important, and we didn't think of her dad, or the place he worked, as being creepy, he was a very nice guy.

Even not used as a residence, that building and it's property might be a good investment. I'm curious whether Morgan's bid was accepted. Does anyone know?

ossobuco

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2012 02:28 pm
@firefly,
I see your points, generally agree, but I'd worry about teasing unless that was allayed.

Odd, in that the thread subject is now the tangent.

Sloan

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2012 02:40 pm
@ossobuco,
I talked with Morgan on Saturday at the Pride festival. He told me he had no intentions of leaving, never cared what this hawkeye guy ever thought anyway, just said he’s been too busy to be on the computer.

He said he removed his photos because today Thom Swift was to be back in court and the local community will no doubt be googling his name and find the DUI thread again.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2012 02:43 pm
@Sloan,
Thank you, Sloan. That is a big relief. I understand it.

Be well, y'all.

(I'm not southerner, so y'all is sort of like me speaking italian, but meant encompassing).
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2012 03:56 pm
@firefly,
Hawkeye assumes, you know that Firefly, we've caught him out a couple of times of being totally correct, yet found to be wrong. Only Anthony made his apology for leaving not the whole group, some people should learn to "read" properly before becoming the Judge and Judy... But, I am also thinking Anthony loves to be around cheerful, happy people and avoid negativity and that's an excellent quality to have. I'm kind of hoping that it's really to do with the un-fortunate deaths that he is feeling down and he'll get back up again and get his azz back here .... The amount of times I could have left, yet didn't because there are too many great people here with great minds and interesting observations/conversations to allow one negative remark or person destroy that.

IDK.. I can see Morgan's thoughts of "cool" this place would be cool, history... And, perhaps he has no thoughts on Ghosts or objects flying in the night Wink But, if Antonio is a bright spark and I believe that he is, kids do see things "imaginary" that Adults don't.. If one of Morgans friends makes a joke about Ghosts in his presence in that house and Antonio works out what "they" are, he may be very scared to live there.. Also, someone mentioned it had been on the market for a long time.. So, if Morgan wanted to sell the place later, how long would he have to wait for that sale? 1 year? And, how would that affect his married life... I've sold houses that don't sell. I know how long they take the second time around and I think that is something to definately consider, also if you (Morgan) Smile are getting it at a bargain, what will the next price bring you if you did sell? Another "bargain?".. Sometimes the heart can't be in the financial decisions of purchasing a house, you have to look at superannuation as well, wealth and growth of that property...

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2012 04:25 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
A2K is not and never so far as I know has been comfortable for those who demand to dwell in positive energy. Your thesis is rediculous.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2012 04:29 pm
ossobuco

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2012 04:33 pm
@Rockhead,
Nuts, embedding dissabled..
ossobuco

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2012 04:34 pm
@ossobuco,
Oh, wait, it worked..
No, disabled.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2012 04:37 pm
@Sloan,
Sloan wrote:

I talked with Morgan on Saturday at the Pride festival. He told me he had no intentions of leaving, never cared what this hawkeye guy ever thought anyway, just said he’s been too busy to be on the computer.

He said he removed his photos because today Thom Swift was to be back in court and the local community will no doubt be googling his name and find the DUI thread again.

So everyone is getting worked up over nothing then.

That figures.

"This Hawkeye guy" as if you don't know who I am.....cute. Dishonest, but cute.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2012 04:38 pm
@hawkeye10,
**** you very much, nothing sexual.
JTT

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2012 04:39 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
Nuts, embedding dissabled..

I believe that means that the video being embedded at A2K has been disabled, Osso. That doesn't prevent you from watching it at YouTube.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2012 05:47 pm
I would never leave this place. I like too many people here. I didn’t think Anthony would hang around long, not that he doesn’t like people here he’s just not a forum kind of guy he’s more of a facebook whore, at least that's what I've always called him.

I now more then ever want the mortuary, I wouldn’t want to live there but most of the large mortuary franchises don’t own the property, they lease it and this place is a good investment for the money. Who knows, maybe hawkass will the first customer, they would save on embalming fluid, sounds like he downs a fifth every night, he’s probably already pickled.
Sturgis

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2012 06:32 pm
@jcboy,
I am glad to see you are still here, I truly enjoy your posts.

Hmm...a mortuary with hawk as the first customer...I see possibility there. Smile
0 Replies