We maybe moving soon

sozobe

Reply Sun 1 Jul, 2012 01:20 pm
@JTT,
It's not cowardly in the least.

A2K isn't that profound -- sometimes it can be, and sometimes really important information can be exchanged. I've gotten lots of truly valuable advice here, for free.

But ultimately what keeps me coming back on a daily basis is the people -- seeing what they have to say, how they're doing.

If one person is annoying enough to negatively impact that experience but not horrible enough to be suspended, then the ignore feature is absolutely perfect -- IF it's used.

Personally I don't find hawkeye that irritating, so I don't have him on ignore. (When I find him irritating it's usually re: how he's responding to other people -- in that case I ignore or offer support as I see fit.)

IF I found him irritating enough that he alone made my whole A2K experience unpleasant, though, I'd be very happy about the ignore feature. Poof. That's not cowardly, that's smart.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 1 Jul, 2012 02:02 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Way to **** up another thread Hawkee. You must be very proud.

My criticism of Morgan was right on, and it needed to be given voice, for at some level silience is assent. I submit that my points hit too close to home, which is partly why they vacated.

The way he and his crew (cult?) responded is their responsibility, they are the ones who need to answer for that.
Adam4Adam

Reply Sun 1 Jul, 2012 02:19 pm
@hawkeye10,
Morgan doesn’t owe you anything you stupid ass. He hasn’t even posted in this thread. In fact he hasn’t posted in over a week. It’s not like he sent out an email saying he’s leaving and you can catch me on facebook. For all I know his departure has nothing to do with you being an asshole.

He has a business he’s starting, he has a husband and they’re rising a six year old, you think he has a lot of free time to spend on the Internet?
Ceili

Reply Sun 1 Jul, 2012 03:41 pm
@hawkeye10,
You give yourself far too much credit. Why would anyone spend that much time worrying about a man who crawled out from under a rock. They have lives. Look into one.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 1 Jul, 2012 04:04 pm
@sozobe,
Quote:

No, it most certainly isn't, because you are not using it. I don't suppose this will make any diff to you but I find that to be a good thing.

Quote:
(When I find him irritating it's usually re: how he's responding to other people -- in that case I ignore or offer support as I see fit.)

I feel that's the very time to address it then.
sozobe

Reply Sun 1 Jul, 2012 04:28 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:
I feel that's the very time to address it then.

Sometimes, but not always.

For example, if it's a new person I'm more likely to say something than if it's someone who knows better. Even if I don't like what hawkeye's saying, there are times when I'd just be adding fuel to the fire rather than actually helping.
Rockhead

Reply Sun 1 Jul, 2012 04:39 pm
@sozobe,
I've tried to mention that a few times.

newbies have no idea what they are getting into, but regulars have to understand that by engaging hawkeyes in any way, they are simply validating his presence in his own twisted chicken little mind.

not much luck, unfortunately...
Below viewing threshold (view)
Adam4Adam

Reply Sun 1 Jul, 2012 04:53 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
My Thesis is that Morgan AND his crew were never invested here,

Oh and you have invested so much? It’s a forum message board and from what I have read from you the only thing you have invested is in being an asshole. They should give you one of those selected ribbons for that. Laughing
Sloan

Reply Sun 1 Jul, 2012 04:57 pm
@Adam4Adam,
Adam you're just feeding the old bastard, ignore him and he'll starve himself.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 1 Jul, 2012 05:15 pm
@Sloan,
Am I still a newbie? ;( Smile I listen though Smile
msolga

Reply Sun 1 Jul, 2012 05:27 pm
I just read this thread right through to see what all the drama is about ...
And I still don't quite get it. Confused

This is the opening post to this thread. One partner in a recently married couple said this:

Quote:
We have decided to purchase another home. One larger then we have now. Morgan has his eye on a bank own Mortuary. Well it’s been a Mortuary for 20 years now but originally it was just a large home. It’s a two story on three lots and can be use for residential or business. He put an offer in on it today. I can see the potential for the place being a nice house but the thought of it being a mortuary kind of creeps me out

Lots of responses about the wisdom or not of living in a mortuary, but none that I've seen from the other half of the marriage. Maybe I missed it? But then I haven't seen all that many posts from Morgan since the marriage & the honeymoon ... apart from expressing his grief about a friend's death on another thread ...

Then hawkeye chips in, with his usual stuff about "victims", etc, & as is often the case, succeeds in making the thread all about him .... nothing remotely new there. And he outrages friends of Marco & Morgan so much they apparently now intend on a mass migration from A2K to Facebook, from whence they came. Neutral
Amongst hawkeyes's responses to their departure this one, which we're also all familiar with. It's all a plot to silence him on this forum!:

Quote:
I am tempted to bet a paycheck that this crew has let Robert know that their position is that either I go or else they stay gone.

As we all know, Robert lies awake at night trying to figure out ways of getting rid of hawkeye & his threatening views. Wink Laughing Razz

Sigh.

So now we have outraged friends of Morgan & Marco leaving A2K, apparently ...

I'm sorry, I honestly don't "get" the cause & effect of this situation.
Marco & Morgan are valued members of this forum, as are their friends who post here ... I would have thought they were perfectly well aware of that. We like them & enjoy their posts here.
But if they choose to move out of this community that is entirely up to them. Of course.
But, I don't know .... surely after all this time here, Morgan, especially, who has been posting here for so long, would be perfectly well aware of hawkeye's "interesting" perspectives? Nothing at all new there.

My own personal view is that I think that Morgan might be upset at his personal business being the subject of a discussion here. I think I would be, too. But, for those of you now moving out, don't slam the whole community here for the crazy discussion that followed. OK?
If you've decided to move out, & I'd be really sorry if you actually do, it's for your own reasons.
And if that's the case, my very best wishes to you for the future, especially to you, Morgan, Marco & Antonio.

ossobuco

Reply Sun 1 Jul, 2012 06:09 pm
I'm still confused, but I'm glad some, Adam and Sloan and Janis (did I miss anyone), have stayed to talk and I hope you'll still check in. I hope Morgan and Marco and Anthony will come back and let us know how they are.

The St. Pete's contingent has been very welcome here, enlivening the site, and, past that, a lot of us plain like you.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 1 Jul, 2012 10:18 pm
@sozobe,
sozobe wrote:

A2K isn't that profound -- sometimes it can be, and sometimes really important information can be exchanged.
I've gotten lots of truly valuable advice here, for free.

But ultimately what keeps me coming back on a daily basis is the people -- seeing what they have to say, how they're doing.

If one person is annoying enough to negatively impact that experience but not horrible enough to be suspended,
then the ignore feature is absolutely perfect -- IF it's used.

Personally I don't find hawkeye that irritating, so I don't have him on ignore. (When I find him irritating it's usually re: how he's responding to other people -- in that case I ignore or offer support as I see fit.)

IF I found him irritating enough that he alone made my whole A2K experience unpleasant, though, I'd be very happy about the ignore feature. Poof. That's not cowardly, that's smart.
Yes; very well said.

I 'm pretty sure that JTT is just fearful
that we 'll put HIM on Ignore too,
hence his negative post.

David
Rockhead

Reply Sun 1 Jul, 2012 10:33 pm
or annoy the **** out of the sane and normal...

Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 1 Jul, 2012 10:41 pm
@hawkeye10,
People have the right
to NOT listen to what thay don't wanna listen to.
Thay have no duty to listen to EVERYTHING.

If u allege the existence of such a duty,
then I 'll demand to know its source
and how those people subjected themselves to it.

David