Affordable long distance moving company?

Mon 26 Apr, 2021 08:26 am
I'm looking for a reasonably priced moving company to help relocate my family across the country. Does anyone have any recommendations or suggestions of one they've used in the past?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 716 • Replies: 7
Topic Closed
No top replies

izzythepush

Mon 26 Apr, 2021 09:06 am
@Nonothing,
What country, America?

You might want to name the states they’ll be going from and to.
Nonothing

Thu 29 Apr, 2021 04:36 pm
@izzythepush,
In the US, from California to Texas. Looking for a reasonably priced state to state moving company to help us with a three bedroom house, so a fairly sizeable move with beds, couches, furniture, etc. We'll be trying to unload a few things, but most of it's coming with us.
Mame

Thu 29 Apr, 2021 04:39 pm
@Nonothing,
Google is your best friend. That's how I find everything I'm looking for.
0 Replies

Ben Makes Things

Fri 30 Apr, 2021 11:50 pm
@Nonothing,
Renting a U-Haul to move out of California can be 4 times more expensive than moving in due to high demand.

https://www.businessinsider.com/uhaul-budget-prices-california-los-angeles-san-francisco-moving-trucks-2020-9

Supply and demand. Average income and cost of living in Cali is more than elsewhere. Lots of people moving out, compared to moving in,
FreedomEyeLove

Sat 1 May, 2021 12:55 am
@Ben Makes Things,
Quote:
Renting a U-Haul to move out of California can be 4 times more expensive than moving in due to high demand.

EVERYONE is fleeing California. Sad to see a great state crumble.
0 Replies

Linkat

Sat 1 May, 2021 08:49 am
@Nonothing,
Nonothing wrote:

In the US, from California to Texas. Looking for a reasonably priced state to state moving company to help us with a three bedroom house, so a fairly sizeable move with beds, couches, furniture, etc. We'll be trying to unload a few things, but most of it's coming with us.

Would using one of those pods work? They bring it to your house..you fill it and then they deliver to your new spot and You unload.

If it is too difficult for you to move your personal stuff in and out then you could hire some local strong guys to help load and then unload it.

Just an alternative thought.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sat 1 May, 2021 08:56 am
@Nonothing,
This is an international forum, why not ask the same question on sites that deal specifically with California or Texas.

I’m moving house at the moment to, nothing as drastic as yours. I’m staying in the same city, currently taking carloads over until my mate gets a van on Friday.
0 Replies