Apartment Hunting... bleh...

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2010 07:38 am
So, I've began the process of searching for apartments. My lease ends in May. I have 2 roommates who I've known for about 7 years. They are very good roommates. They are reliable, polite, and typically we all keep the apartment pretty clean. It's great, but there's only one problem.

We all work in different directions, so moving is hard because any move puts a strain on the others.

We live in the greater Washington metro in Falls Church.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=falls+church,+va&sll=38.880076,-77.178075&sspn=0.01191,0.01929&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Falls+Church,+Virginia&z=15

One of us works in White Flint, MD.
One of us works in Springfield, VA.
One of us works in Manassas, VA.

We've started to look for an apartment that is further in towards the district. We've been pricing the Court House/Rosslyn area. The truth is, that I would like to move out of the burbs and into the district. I'd like to live somewhere with better METRO access, and more community.

So what should I do? Do I move into the district? Do I get new roommates? Do I stay in Falls Church? Do I push in to Court House/Rosslyn? I know my roommates look to me for a direction on things like this.

I'm looking for any ideas.

Thinking about moving
K
O
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 3,095 • Replies: 3

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2010 10:17 pm
@Diest TKO,
Well I can't say anything given my lack of Virginia/Maryland geography sense. Do you feel confident in finding a place in the District, along with interviewing potential new roommates?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2010 10:44 pm
Off hand, I'd say, work out where each of you want to be. Then deal with it, and still stay friends.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2010 09:09 am
@Diest TKO,
you are looking to keep the roommates? Or is it possible for you to live on your own?

Thought of renting a small house some where? instead of apt?
0 Replies