We maybe moving soon

MMarciano

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2012 08:01 pm
@ossobuco,
Thank god he's home, the animals were driving me crazy.
jcboy

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2012 08:01 pm
@MMarciano,
Poor animals!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2012 08:10 pm
@MMarciano,
So, like, no turtle soup yet?
MMarciano

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2012 08:13 pm
@ossobuco,
Not yet, have any good recipes? Wink
ossobuco

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2012 08:29 pm
@MMarciano,
Give me a little time, I'll get back to you.
jcboy

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2012 05:28 pm
@ossobuco,
I just talked to my friend Randy again. I’m going to have my attorney friend give him a call. He’s having a problem with his mothers will.

Her second husband went through a lot of her money, he was a gambler, but her estate is still worth quite a bit with real estate, art, jewelry etc. And according to her will it was all left to him but he’s having a problem with his two stepsisters wanting items from her home.

It’s horrible what greed does to some people.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2012 06:12 pm
@jcboy,
Yeah, I know about that (long story).
Good luck on all that. Not knowing the story, much less whether she liked the stepsisters - he might end up thinking they should get something but would want control over that. Or it sounds like they might take after their father.

My long story, in short form: my aunt despised doctors and lawyers. She told me for about a year that she wanted me to have everything. I talked to an attorney friend who told me holographic wills are (or were) legal in California, and gave me the appropriate wording, which she was glad to copy and sign. That was easy. Later on, a week before she died, the neighbor took her to a lawyer and set her up in a trailer on one of the neighbor's properties a bunch of miles away. Neighbor called to tell me she died and that she was the administrator of the estate. (Criminy, I visited my aunt once or twice a week and had a quilt there so I could stay over night on occasion.)

I contested it, with the help of my friend.
This all took a few years, in which time real estate value went way down. (I wouldn't have sold it, I liked the place, old spanish style cottage, with a lot of family memories.)

The bank (whatever) person let her go through the house first. There wasn't much I wanted but old photos and family papers. The neighbor missed stuff - I got an old bracelet I know was a favorite of my aunt; I called my cousins with a list, and they each picked something. The box with photos and papers was long gone.

The property, along with adjacent properties, is now a horrible ugly set of condos. The neighbor died, neighbor's son got, I suppose, the silver.
I got a little money from it, my attorney got a little money for his help, and the whole thing was uselessly sad.

Man, oh man, I hate all that stuff.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2012 06:51 pm
@jcboy,
Quote:
It’s horrible what greed does to some people.

How true that is.

And it does tend to surface when someone dies and people start fighting over the estate.

It does sound as though Randy's step-sisters aren't entitled to anything, other than what he might choose to give them.

If they have keys to his mother's house, he should change the locks ASAP.

Having your attorney friend call him is a good idea. Randy should let an estate attorney handle probating the Will and everything else that needs to be taken care of. It makes things much easier.
0 Replies

MMarciano

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2012 05:34 pm
We haven’t heard how it went but Morgan had his estate planning attorney contact Randy this week. According to Randy his stepsisters were left out of the Will, the only time they contacted his mother was when they wanted money.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2012 01:51 pm
When's the big move to the new house?
jcboy

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2012 02:13 pm
@firefly,
This Saturday! the movers are to be here between 9 and 10, we will be all packed and ready by then! I’m looking forward to being in the new house. I’ll miss this place with all the work I’ve done inside and out but I can find things to do with the new house. I already have some ideas Cool
Butrflynet

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2012 02:28 pm
@jcboy,
Hope everything goes well with the move and it doesn't take long for the new place to feel like home.

Try not to do it all in one day, give your body at least a few hours of rest.
MMarciano

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2012 03:12 pm
@Butrflynet,
Thanks! we are in no hurry, going to take our time getting the new place set-up. I'm hiding all his tools incase he gets any wild ideas about knocking a wall down. Don't think he hasn't mentioned that!

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2012 03:56 pm
@MMarciano,
I think we should place bets on how long the "taking our time getting the new place set-up" lasts.

I'm betting it will all be done within 3 days and that Morgan will probably take two days off from work to finish it.

Any takers?
ossobuco

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2012 03:58 pm
@Butrflynet,
Ok, I'll take the opposite tack.

It'll go on forever.
MMarciano

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2012 07:15 pm
@ossobuco,
I’m just happy he agreed to leave the pool alone until the beginning of next year.

So far the only thing he has done was have his friend Tim over to measure the windows, Tim does window treatment and has his own business.

He’s already met the neighbors on both sides. So far they haven’t taken up a collection to keep us out of the neighborhood so that’s a good sign.
Rockhead

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2012 07:45 pm
@MMarciano,
so, we know what you're doing for new years day then, huh...

MMarciano

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2012 07:57 pm
@Rockhead,
It will still be way too cold for him to be outside, he stays in when the temp drops below 70 Smile
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 08:00 am
We told our agent this house will be available to rent October 1st. the girl in his office placed the ad already, even thou it says Oct 1st. people have been coming by the house. I won’t allow it to be shown until we are out next weekend.

The home next door we gave them a choice to have a gardener or to take care of the yard themselves, this one will be different. I spent too much time and money on the front and back landscaping so it will be added in the lease that a gardener is included.
EqualityFLSTPete

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2012 07:18 pm
@jcboy,
Good luck with the move. Not sure how I feel about Morgan living closer to me but I have an anti bitch alarm built in the house,
0 Replies