We maybe moving soon

jcboy

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2012 11:14 am
@Irishk,
I am itching to get to work! We both love it have we now have so much more room. Plus we will have two guest bedrooms for when my mother inlaw visits from Miami, my sister inlaw is only in Tampa but it will be nice to have them both stay with us when they visit.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2012 11:16 am
@ossobuco,
I wasn't annoyed at all! I don't like the pool there. Seems like an odd place between the garage and patio deck!

There's plenty of room on the other side.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2012 11:40 am
@jcboy,
Trying again - see the Fibnonacci spiral on this page if it opens:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proportion_(architecture)#Sacred_proportions
(nuts, it opens to proportionality)

I did a sloppy measurement of the inside rectangle's length - at 1/8th scale, that's 17.25 feet. The vertical line is about 11 feet. 11/17.25 is 63+ percent. Not bad in my guess, eh?

Anyway, somewhere near that proportion for division of space is comfortable for many situations.

EDIT - when it opens to Proportionality, look down and click on Sacred Proportions and you'll see what I'm going on about.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2012 11:50 am
@ossobuco,
I quickly looked up broken concrete pavers on google and all the photos I see are pretty damned ugly. So, I'll try to get my scanner going today.
Whether or not you use the broken concrete yourself, they are usable by others when presumably broken into similar sizes - back in CA broken concrete was used for retaining walls (I've details on how to do that) and could be as costly as new materials if you had to find and buy from a broken concrete source.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2012 01:09 pm
@Keith424,
That screened in room idea might be something to think about, especially if the little one gets acrobatic as he gets older and tries leaping from the garage roof into the pool.
0 Replies

Sloan

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2012 01:34 pm
I've seen their new home, wish they could post photos of the front, it's gorgeous !
Butrflynet

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2012 02:13 pm
@Sloan,
With what's his name's visit to this thread, it is very obvious why they can't and should not.

Jcboy, be very careful about the photos you post, even those of the backyard.

There are more than a few wackos out there, some even drop into this thread now and then.
Below viewing threshold (view)
firefly

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2012 03:35 pm
@cs33717,
I'll say it again...
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2beik4VQO1r3jsrko1_500.jpg
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2012 04:22 pm
@jcboy,
I love the rendered look, buscuit colour with deep dark grey trim and LOADS of plants, palms in pots and A POOL FENCE in deep dark grey, just because safe is better than sorry.

SORRY Smile Must be cause I'm an Aussie and sell so many non light green houses Smile

Looks like a great place to create and enjoy, well done guys.
ehBeth

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2012 04:24 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
ha! just remembered something about pool fences - it's not just the expected pool users

there is long-running A2k thread about critters that fall into the pool and drown. who wants to be going out to scoop dead frogs and rabbits and random animals out of the pool? not me
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2012 04:29 pm
@ehBeth,

Horrible thought, in addition Antonio seeing dead rabbits on the pool...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2012 04:39 pm
@ehBeth,
There are retractable pool covers for when the pool is not in use.
They can be ugly, or not, depends on the pool design. Some hold human weight, one type doesn't, last I read.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2012 04:41 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
This is pretty boxy, un-loved, garden of a house I sold last year but it's the standard as colours go here..... I would have had the windows in dark grey as well and a much better garden ....!!!

[url]http://i873.photobucket.com/albums/ab292/CHANDLERSWISH/Open2viewID126472-27ApolloCct__Richmond-002.jpg[url]

buscuit colour Shocked erm biscuit Smile
ehBeth

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2012 04:57 pm
@ehBeth,
http://able2know.org/topic/56806-1

frogs and swimming pools
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2012 05:09 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
For a long time I've liked somewhat smokey brown toned grey paint (not too dark) with cream trim; that goes well with a lot of planting. But part of that is probably that I don't see it that much, in Los Angeles, much less New Mexico, where just about everything is faux adobe. Faux adobe goes with the land, though, land of sand.

I tend to like older construction and colors that fit that.. but I admit that works better with the light in my last far northern california community than it would in Los Angeles, where there were pink and lime and yellow older houses of mixed types on my block in the older area of Venice.

All the tract housing/contractor housing in the LA area is beige forever and ever. A beige sea. Well, not all, it just seems that way. Sort of the same deal, it goes with the land, but when I see an area where people paint their houses a fun color (often a latino neighborhood), it's a breath of fresh air.

The writer, Sandra Cisneros, got nailed for painting her house (San Antonio?) in an architectural heritage neighborhood purple. Snort!

What am I getting at? Florida has different light, different weather, different building types, and a mixed population. I can see the green working well.
Or not - green is a color that some can get sick of speedily. On the other hand, paint is an easy thing to change.

I never did get around to painting my last house, doing interior renovation first. The new owners picked a sort of greyed light caramel - I can see it on google maps. I approve (it's an older craftsman bungalow). Not my color choice, but fits within craftsman heritage colors.

0 Replies

MMarciano

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2012 06:53 pm
@cs33717,
You’re an immature little twit! I’m not going to get into a pissing match with you because you know who would loose! I will no longer pay attention to what you post, not worth my time!

Morgan wants the pool moved to the other side of the yard. I’m find with what he decides to do, us Mexicans can’t be too choosey.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2012 06:57 pm
@MMarciano,
Uh...
MMarciano

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2012 07:02 pm
@ossobuco,
He was talking to a friend today at dinner that would give us a deal on moving the pool, well not moving it but filling it in and creating a new pool on the other side of the house.. He’s a bit of a nutcracker lol.
Butrflynet

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2012 07:05 pm
@MMarciano,
::::whispers to Marco::::

"Winchester Mystery House..."