We maybe moving soon

jcboy

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2012 02:11 pm
@MMarciano,
In their defense I will say it is a lot of work to mow every weekend and this time of the year in Florida with all the rain it is every weekend! Plus they have a double lot so they have twice as much to do then we have.
CalamityJane

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2012 02:21 pm
@jcboy,
It would have been good exercise for the butch Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Keith424

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 05:21 am
@jcboy,
When I took a two week vacation I had a guy lined to do the yard work while I was away, he flaked and didn't show. I had a bill for 60 bucks from the city when I returned.
0 Replies

MMarciano

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2012 03:13 pm
We have a scheduled target date for closing, August 24th. Morgan wants the outside painted after the close of escrow.

He’s actually allowing me to be in on choosing the new color! I feel special! Laughing
EqualityFLSTPete

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 10:05 am
@MMarciano,
I love your new home! it's beautiful and it will be both of yours to share together.
jcboy

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 10:23 am
@EqualityFLSTPete,
Reminds me of that Elton John song, The Bitch is Back. Cool Razz
farmerman

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 10:35 am
@jcboy,
LETS have a picture ofthe house. Ill tell you what color to make it
jcboy

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 10:37 am
@farmerman,
The Puerto Rican won't let me post it because all the queens in town will know where we live Cool
MMarciano

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 12:56 pm
@EqualityFLSTPete,
Anthony! come este?
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 03:51 pm
@EqualityFLSTPete,
Hello , long time no see Smile

Good idea, not to post a picture of the house Jc..... Dang, though.

If it's funky, go funky . If it's heritage, go heritage does that help? Smile
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 04:44 pm
@jcboy,
jcboy sent some decoy photos of the new house to me to post for him.

Here's the front of the house. The arches sealed the deal.
http://mlsphotos.idxbroker.com/a003/U751/bfa99879dc4fb669f938fad134ec67ea

and here's the back porch. There's plenty of room for a pool.

http://www.stpetersburghouseandhomerental.com/images/St-Petersburg-House-For-Rent-Gazebo.jpg

For the humor-impaired, this is a spoof post.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 04:48 pm
@Butrflynet,
<grin>

0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 05:56 pm
@Butrflynet,
HAHAHAHA that is hilarious! Laughing

I can’t show the house or the Puerto Rican will get his panties in a bunch. The front is really cute with a nice porch but not much landscaping, can’t wait to get my hands on the front yard!

I love the large deck in the back. Some nice potted plants and patio furniture and it will look nice.

The outside needs painted, it’s grey and white with a little black, two story house. We have a nice little pool and plenty of yard for the dogs. I was worried about the pool but I plan on fencing it off, now Antonio knows how to swim but we don’t want him playing or around the pool unless we are there, and that goes for the dogs as well.

We got an estimate to have the outside painted but we haven’t decided on the color yet.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 06:08 pm
@jcboy,
Oddly (to me, who used to design this stuff), a strong basis for the fencing rule is that neighborhood three year olds (etc.) don't just wander in and drown. It's true that it matters re children in a household and I do agree with fencing code (there are ways to make it look ok, especially if you have some room to play with. In some communities (hard to remember the details now) door alarms are accepted as opposed to a fence around the pool, given the gates to the back yard have safety latching.

I don't exactly love pool fencing (but in CA, hibiscus can look nice along it), but I don't trust things like door alarms to do the job with toddlers in the house or visiting.
jcboy

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 06:17 pm
@ossobuco,
I thought the backyard was large enough to split down the middle so the dogs had their own yard, kind of like they do here. I was kind of worried of one of them drowing in the pool if they happen to fall in.

Here is one small photo of the backyard, now it’s a double wide lot so there is plenty of room on the other side of the pool for the puppies.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg546/scaled.php?server=546&filename=98703393.jpg&res=landing
Butrflynet

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 06:38 pm
@jcboy,
You are gonna be in double wide hot water with the gatekeeper. Wink
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 06:41 pm
@jcboy,
Quote:
We got an estimate to have the outside painted but we haven’t decided on the color yet.

What color family are you leaning towards: blues, browns, greens, yellows, whites, etc?
jcboy

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 06:49 pm
@Butrflynet,
We are leaning towards a very light lime green, white trim with black shutters. Kind of what we have here in this house.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 06:55 pm
@jcboy,
I'll have to think about that.
Good house.
I might want to move the walk and thus entry to the walk - off the top of my head, to line up with the smaller window, and put planting with or without a fence (don't know your codes) where the walk is now. Might expand the deck relative to what I take is the bedroom (or not).

Don't mind me, I can't help it.
Start the design music...

If I expanded the bedroom deck, I'd have some kind of hard surface expanse past the pool.. and maybe the width of the house.
MMarciano

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 07:06 pm
@ossobuco,
We both love the house and it’s in a good neighborhood. I would rather do without the fence. The dogs don’t like water so it’s not like their going to be jumping in the pool. Morgan is a worrywart!

Antonio will not be allowed in the pool without an adult with him so I’m not worried about that. Plus it has a nice side yard that can be his to play in.

We haven’t made a decision on the color yet, but both like the idea of the light green, white trim and black shutters.