We maybe moving soon

Keith424

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2012 01:10 pm
@jcboy,
Is there a Mortuary near-by? Wink
0 Replies

MMarciano

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2012 06:43 pm
We won’t have the inspector’s full printed report until tomorrow but he did tell us he didn’t find anything major that needed repaired so that’s a plus.

Morgan is going to let me use his truck to move everything and he’s only going to charge me a hundred dollars a day and 60 cents a mile.
Shocked
Ceili

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2012 06:51 pm
@MMarciano,
Ha! You two kill me.
The prospects are sounding good.. Congrats!
MMarciano

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2012 06:53 pm
@Ceili,
Smile

He will make a dollar anyway he can Wink
Sloan

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2012 05:39 am
@MMarciano,
Well he is Jewish Very Happy

Morgan gave me the address and I drove by it this morning, nice home and great location.

I think you both made a good choice! Congrats.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2012 07:57 am
I’m so glad we decided to have a property management company take care of the house next door and not us. They are currently having a dispute with the lesbian couple. They had a choice to pay one amount for rent if they did their own mowing or another amount if they wanted a Gardner.

Well they chose to do it themselves but they haven’t been keeping it up, now the management company is sending out someone today to mow and is going to be sending the girls the bill.

I just mowed ours today, you can see they haven’t been doing much yard work lately.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg256/scaled.php?server=256&filename=lawnf.jpg&res=landing
CalamityJane

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2012 09:53 am
@jcboy,
Oh yes, you wouldn't want to get into a confrontation with the butch one!
She probably slap you around. Well here at our beaches, we have come to the conclusion (through experience) that you almost never rent to girls (regardless if they're hetero or not) - they're always more messy than the guys.
jcboy

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2012 10:00 am
@CalamityJane,
Yep! And the property management company has no choice but to have someone come out and mow, in this community if you don’t keep your yard up the city comes out and places a sign on your property giving you three days to take care of it or they will send someone out and send the owner of the property the bill.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2012 11:02 am
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:
Yep! And the property management company has no choice but to have someone come out and mow, in this community if you don’t keep your yard up the city comes out and places a sign on your property giving you three days to take care of it or they will send someone out and send the owner of the property the bill.
I don 't pretend to know the local law,
but that sounds like the City is trespassing on private property.

In theory, it might be that someone 's taste
in landscaping might lean toward letting Nature take its course.
I believe that the US Forest Service takes that point of vu.

David

jcboy

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2012 11:07 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Oh they do that all the time here David. We don’t own the part of the property from the sidewalk to the street, its an easement, but we have to maintain it.

Usually it takes someone to call and report you for not keeping it up but they are known for placing the sign out front.
CalamityJane

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2012 11:31 am
@jcboy,
Do you have to have grass there, or is it possible to put something else there that is more maintenance resistant ?
MMarciano

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2012 11:40 am
@CalamityJane,
Good question! We’re not sure about that.

I know Morgan had bushes in the front of the house when he bought this one, he had them removed and the King Palms planted.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2012 12:20 pm
@CalamityJane,
When I first moved here I believe my real estate agent said I had to have grass but I could plant other things as long as I maintained the property.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2012 12:41 pm
So you might put some white river rocks there (they looks so nice) and a couple of palms instead of the grass. I can tell you that renters never like to take care of the yard, it's just not theirs and they don't care as much, plus they want to save money on water utilities and gardener.

I would ask to see if the city would allow that - here they changed the ordinance since we have to preserve water. If they don't allow it, there
is always artificial turf. They look quite real these days.

You can buy white river pebbles at Home Depot (look another trip there!! Smile )
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41Sy7dMk1yL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
jcboy

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2012 01:58 pm
@CalamityJane,
I was talking with our agent, he said it has to be grass. The city wants it uniform. But as far as trees or plants go you can landscape it the way you like as long as its surrounded by grass.

0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2012 02:29 pm
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:
Oh they do that all the time here David.
We don’t own the part of the property from the sidewalk
to the street, its an easement, but we have to maintain it.
O, I see, Morgan. That 's a lot better than if the City
went onto your own actual property without a judicial warrant.
I understand what u mean, between the sidewalk and the street.
In NY, I 've actually seen some nabors plant little colorful gardens
in that strip. Some plant food.

jcboy wrote:
Usually it takes someone to call and report you for
not keeping it up but they are known for placing the sign out front.
Yeah, I understand.

David
0 Replies

Adam4Adam

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2012 03:43 pm
@jcboy,
You won't have a problem renting the house you live in now, a lot are asking what you plan on doing with it.
Sloan

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2012 04:50 pm
@Adam4Adam,
Adam I believe they don't want to be involved in the renting process.
0 Replies

MMarciano

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2012 07:03 am
@Adam4Adam,
Morgan wants to turn it over to Brian to manage. We don’t want any part of dealing with the tenants.
MMarciano

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2012 01:40 pm
@MMarciano,
The guy showed up today to mow next door and boy did those girls get mad! I’m thankful Brian is managing that property, what a hassle it would have been if Morgan had decided to rent it out.

The monthly fee it cost to have someone else take care of it sure is worth it!