We maybe moving soon

jcboy

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 01:51 pm
@Rockhead,
I have to because the one room is a mess! I haven't had much time to do it.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 01:52 pm
Thanks!

I can even save money on movers and have the Puerto Rican do all the work!

Going to try and get a 30 day escrow this way we can use that address and be able to enroll Antonio in the new school even though we probably won’t move for a couple of months.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 02:52 pm
@jcboy,
sweeeeeet!!

Congrats you two (three)!
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 05:25 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
(jcboy does have a lot of projects to finish)

Not too many, I have three walls to texture, then paint and I'm finished!
CalamityJane

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 05:39 pm
Wow, that's fantastic! Congratulations on your new home!
I think it's the smart thing to do - now you both can make it a home together.
Until now, it's always been your house, even though you shared it with Marco, I bet it didn't really feel like his. It's just different when you move into someone's house as opposed to moving together someplace.
Rockhead

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 05:40 pm
@jcboy,
have you put your arch guy on notice that you will be starting over with a whole new place?

he will be excited...
jcboy

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 05:47 pm
@CalamityJane,
Yes it is and this one will be in both our names! We will have a lot more room and it’s a better neighborhood for Antonio to grow up in! He said he’s going to miss his friend Justin but its actually only 15 minutes from where we live now so he will still be able to have Justin spend the night.
jcboy

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 05:48 pm
@Rockhead,
I will have wait until we are settled before I start thinking of any remodeling. I have his number on speed dial lol.

Actually all it needs is the outside painted, it was painted five years ago but I don’t like the color.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 06:02 pm
@jcboy,
Did you forget about the landscape/grading work?
ehBeth

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 06:04 pm
@jcboy,
It is terrific that you're going to have your first family home together.

Antonio can start planning what he wants his room to look like!
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 06:09 pm
@ehBeth,
I’m actually getting tired of all that yard work. Here in Florida it’s every weekend! I love doing it but I don’t always have the time. I might have someone come out at least once a month to give us a break!
MMarciano

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 06:30 pm
Maybe when I’m done with all the packing and moving he’ll actually let me sleep inside for a change.

Spoiled rotten little brat!
Eva

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 06:32 pm
@jcboy,
GREAT NEWS!!! I'm really happy for you!

When's the structural/mechanical inspection? (I never allow myself to get too excited until a house passes inspection.)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 06:32 pm
@jcboy,
You've learned from your first yard - you can plan the second one to be less labour-intensive. Don't just buy plants because you like the looks of them - consider how much maintenance they require and how fast they're going to try to take over the yard.

Don't forget to make the yard's drainage is set up properly before you start planning the garden design.
firefly

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 06:33 pm
@jcboy,
We have someone come once a week to do regular lawn maintenance, and trim bushes and shrubs as necessary. It's a pleasure not to have to bother with those things. It leaves more time for the more pleasurable aspects of gardening.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 06:45 pm
@MMarciano,
Quote:
Maybe when I’m done with all the packing and moving he’ll actually let me sleep inside for a change.

Now you're asking to sleep inside? Next you'll be expecting to use the indoor toilet too, Laughing

I truly detest packing and moving. It's right up there with an IRS audit stress-wise--maybe worse.

Does the new house have a fenced-in yard for the dogs?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 07:49 pm
@ehBeth,
You know I agree.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 07:50 pm
M, M, & A - I'm very pleased for you guys.
0 Replies

JeffreyEqualityNewma

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2012 05:28 am
Congrats boys! I'm very happy for! Old northeast is a great part off town.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2012 05:36 pm
Thanks everyone!

We’re having the house inspected tomorrow afternoon. The same guy I used for this house and the one next door. He’s very thorough. He brings his wife along and goes through everything, she takes the notes!

I'm asking for a 30 day escrow so we can claim the new address for registering Antonio in the new school district but we won’t be moving right away. I still have a few things to do around here and want the new place painted before we move in.

I was hoping my sister in law would move in here so she would be closer to us but she wants to stay in Tampa, she doesn’t want to cross the bride everyday for work, can’t say I blame here there. I have to cross one bridge to drive to Clearwater for work everyday but it’s nothing like the traffic on the bridge to Tampa!