We maybe moving soon

jcboy

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2012 05:15 pm
I never pay attention to Hawkass, especially after his thread where he admitted to beating his kids with a belt. I actually feel sorry for him, his wife and family, although she must certainly be a piece of work as well for putting up with someone like him. They deserve each other.

Tomorrow we will check out the neighborhood and the schools! But still going to look at a few more properties. I was a bit disappointed that the one we both really liked turned out to be a short sale.

They are such a pain in the butt. I have known several people that actually gave up on the property they liked because the bank took forever to make a decision on their offer!
Adam4Adam

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2012 06:03 pm
@hawkeye10,
You don’t even know what the hell you’re talking about! Is it any business of yours what his family left him? Regardless Morgan still works full time and makes a good living, his husband is a nurse practitioner who also makes a good living! And you’re wrong about him partying! I’ve known him for over two years now and that couldn’t be farther from the truth. Now get a real life of your own and stay out of others business!
ossobuco

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2012 07:27 pm
@Adam4Adam,
Yes to Adam.

But really, this is all silly, one piece of **** rattling a thread.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2012 10:01 pm
@jcboy,
Quote:
I have known several people that actually gave up on the property they liked because the bank took forever to make a decision on their offer!

Don't you include in your offer to purchase a date where your offer becomes void, JC?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2012 04:31 am
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:
I never pay attention to Hawkass, especially after his thread
where he admitted to beating his kids with a belt.
I did not know that he said that.
In such circumstances, I tend to wish that the victim
had gotten hold of a good weapon and taught Hawkeye a lesson about personal violence.
Of course, I must say that subject to hearing both sides of the story.
(U never know what the other side has to say; e.g.,
I dunno if the kid was beating Hawkeye with a 2"x4", before Hawkeye grabbed a belt.)

In any case, I believe that it is very discourteous of Hawkeye
to be calling Marco names, as he keeps doing.
I cannot begin to guess what he has against Marco.

Hawkeye, is there some reason that u can 't be polite ??

David
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2012 06:24 am
@JTT,
Yes you do. A couple friends of mine put an offer on a short sale and went under contract for 90 days. The bank took so long they ended up foreclosing on the property.

So then it became bank owned and the bank ended up selling it for twenty grand less then the offer that was put in when it was a short sale!

I believe the banks play a waiting game to see if a higher offer comes in on the property.
MMarciano

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2012 11:18 am
@ossobuco,
Oh we are, we would like to be able to move before Antonio starts school in September but I think that is being unrealistic. Even if we found one this week and had a 30-day escrow we would be cutting it close.

We looked at three more homes today, concentrating on the old northeast section of St. Pete.
Adam4Adam

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2012 04:28 pm
@MMarciano,
Old northeast is a nice part of town, nice neighborhoods. Good choice.
0 Replies

JeffreyEqualityNewma

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2012 06:49 pm
@hawkeye10,
You're a mean spirited old bastard!

He actually does quite a bit of charitable work in this community. What do you do in yours?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2012 07:47 pm
@MMarciano,
Do not leap badly.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2012 07:51 pm
@jcboy,
Quote:
I believe the banks play a waiting game to see if a higher offer comes in on the property.

That works in certain markets. From all you [even in this post] and others have said, the market is really flat there.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2012 07:52 pm
@jcboy,
Quote:
Yes you do. A couple friends of mine put an offer on a short sale and went under contract for 90 days.

Does that mean their offer was open for 90 days, JC? If so, why would anyone tie themselves to such a deal when it's a buyer's market?
jcboy

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2012 08:25 pm
@JTT,
It’s a gray area with the law and short sales from what I heard. They went under contract but that wasn’t the only short sale they went under contract with.

The market has picked up quite a bit in this area, my real estate agent has been very busy lately and he’s closing twice a month on properties.

We’re not in any hurry. Of course it would be ideal if Antonio could start first grade where we plan on moving but if he has to attend the same school for a few months its not such a bad thing.
firefly

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2012 08:57 pm
@jcboy,
Are you going to sell the house you're living in now?
jcboy

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2012 09:09 pm
@firefly,
Nope, going to let my agent lease it out.

I’m hoping my sister in law will move in so she will be closer to us. She currently lives in Tampa. She could have this place and just pay insurance and property taxes; she is considering it but not convinced she wants to move to St. Pete.

From here to Tampa is only 30 minutes so hopefully she will give it some thought.
Keith424

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2012 09:00 am
@jcboy,
Hows it going Morgan? you two find one you both want?
jcboy

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2012 09:22 am
@Keith424,
We did yesterday! Our agent is writing up the proposal today! Its in a nice neighborhood, good school district for Antonio!
CalamityJane

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2012 09:29 am
@jcboy,
This sounds promising. My fingers are crossed for you!
I only feel sorry for Gilbert who is losing the best neighbors he's ever had.

How are the two gals doing next door?
jcboy

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2012 09:38 am
@CalamityJane,
Thanks! We will still be seeing Gilbert. If we get this house it’s just across town and he will still be taking care of the dogs for us.

The girls next door hate us, especially the one with the mustache lol. We didn’t get off with a good start with them. They hate our dogs because of the ugly little mutt they have can’t play in his backyard because he’s afraid of our dogs.
Keith424

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2012 10:52 am
@jcboy,
Good to hear! Hope it works out! Good luck kiddo!