Dragon Slayer vs Ozzinator in the South Pacific

Irishk

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2011 11:35 pm
@Reyn,
Maybe. From the preview, it looks like it might be the jail break challenge where the castaways had to tie sticks together with rope and then retrieve keys to unlock 3 locks. More concentration than brute strength. Matt beat Francesca last season in that duel but just barely. Ozzy would be good at something like that, though.
Reyn

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2011 07:40 am
@Irishk,
Maybe his tying skills will be crap? Laughing
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2011 06:11 pm
I’m watching now and hoping Ozzy loses for being the biggest idiot in Survivor history! Oh darn the dumb **** won.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2011 07:47 pm
I think the producers picked a challenge Ozzy would probably win. I think they wanted to reward him for making RI actually interesting for a few moments. Plus, Ozzy is more interesting to viewers than the sour faced woman (I have never been able to remember her name). It was great when Albert said he didn't believe the dramatic story Ozzy went on and on about. You know the acting was bad when even the often clueless Coach figures out the whole "brilliant" plan .

I'm glad Cochran turned on his old tribe. If he stuck with them he would probably be back as low man on the totem pole as soon as the other team was voted out. Better to take his chances with the new people than pull a rock out of bag. They really need to come up with a better tie breaker.
Roberta

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2011 10:31 pm
@Green Witch,
I don't understand why Cochran waited until the second vote to turn. Was he trying to show some loyalty before his betrayal.

Why in the world did Ozzy give the idol to what's her name?
Irishk

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2011 11:02 pm
@Roberta,
He could have spoiled a tie on the first vote, but he really didn't know who Upolu was targeting on his tribe (Sophie wouldn't tell him). He and his tribe all thought it was Whitney which is why Ozzy gave her his idol. Cochran knew he was going to flip on the second vote all along, though, because he was too afraid of the rock draw. Now he gets to sleep between Coach and Edna LOL.

I laughed when he was trying to channel the Godfather in that first segment.

0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2011 10:34 am
@Green Witch,
agreed on all - coch actually showed some balls. I think the ozzie tribe was dumb by being so cruel to coch and making things obvious how much they disliked him. Duh, you want to keep numbers on your side and you are so clear on how much you disrespect them (even if you do). He still had the damn idol in his pocket to boot - he could have kept it. Plain old dumb - giving coch no reason whatsoever to feel any sort of loyality.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2011 10:36 am
@Roberta,
He gave that chick the idol because in ozzie's infinate wisdom, he felt that the other tribe would likely vote out the least likely person in case they used the idol. Logically he was correct - you would think the other tribe would try to vote out the strongest thus warranting to use the idol on the strongest player.

I'd image that is why they voted for cowboy - figuring the idol would go to Albert or coach.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2011 10:43 am
Sad news to survivor fans - Ethan a winner in survivor - his cancer has returned...http://www.boston.com/ae/tv/articles/2011/11/02/survivor_winner_ethan_zohns_cancer_returns/?p1=Well_AE_bottom_links
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2011 10:51 am
@Green Witch,
Green Witch wrote:

I think the producers picked a challenge Ozzy would probably win. I think they wanted to reward him for making RI actually interesting for a few moments. Plus, Ozzy is more interesting to viewers than the sour faced woman (I have never been able to remember her name). It was great when Albert said he didn't believe the dramatic story Ozzy went on and on about. You know the acting was bad when even the often clueless Coach figures out the whole "brilliant" plan .

I'm glad Cochran turned on his old tribe. If he stuck with them he would probably be back as low man on the totem pole as soon as the other team was voted out. Better to take his chances with the new people than pull a rock out of bag. They really need to come up with a better tie breaker.

Linkat wrote:

agreed on all - coch actually showed some balls. I think the ozzie tribe was dumb by being so cruel to coch and making things obvious how much they disliked him. Duh, you want to keep numbers on your side and you are so clear on how much you disrespect them (even if you do). He still had the damn idol in his pocket to boot - he could have kept it. Plain old dumb - giving coch no reason whatsoever to feel any sort of loyality.

And I'm in agreement with you two! Very Happy

I've identified with how Cochrane was treated. I can't believe how stupid his old tribe was in the way they handled him. Huge mistake to tick off someone like that. I hope he's in the top 3.

I really was rooting for Christine, but, you're right, that challenge may have been deliberately picked for Ozzy to be better at it. Although, I thought when he dropped that key ring, it might have given her time to catch up.

Well, so we have the merge, let the crapola fly! Laughing
Irishk

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2011 11:22 am
@Reyn,
Jeff tweeted two teasers for next week...

1. Cochran's return to camp after TC is b-r-u-t-a-l (duh! lol)

2. TWO castaways leaving in next week's episode!

(One of 'em better not be Albert!!!)
Reyn

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2011 12:12 pm
@Irishk,
Irishk wrote:

Two? I'm sure that's not what they said at the end of last night's episode?

Did I hear wrong?
Joe Nation

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2011 02:51 pm
got home late.
tuned in for last six minutes.
holyshit.

thats it.
Thanks for the updates here.
joe(holyshit)Nation
Linkat

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2011 03:06 pm
@Joe Nation,
Can't wait until they harrass cochran - he is going cry like a little baby. Well little Russell is going hug and protect his new friend.
Irishk

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2011 03:35 pm
@Linkat,
They're going to be a wee bit upset with him since he basically destroyed their entire tribe LOL! But I did love it when Brandon told him, "Stay close to me". Hope Mikayla is watching Smile
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2011 12:11 pm
@Reyn,
Reyn wrote:

Irishk wrote:

Two? I'm sure that's not what they said at the end of last night's episode?

Did I hear wrong?

Well, Jeff used the word 'leaving', but since Keith won't be facing a duel at RI, tonight is perfect for a double elimination, time-wise. Then we're left wondering about a 3-way duel at the beginning of next week's episode.

BTW, in a deleted scene from last week, CBS reveals an F4 deal presented to Cochran by Albert. To summarize (since you can't view their videos,grrr.), Coach colludes with Albert on the secret (bogus) plan, Albert agrees and presents it to Cochran who jumps on it immediately (he didn't even blink lol). From watching the video, I think this was the real catalyst in getting him to flip on Savaii (and he kind of confirms it when he remarks to the camera that it was more than his old tribe had offered him).

It was a great scene that should have been included in the episode, IMO.
Linkat

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2011 12:22 pm
@Irishk,
I wonder if it wasn't included as it would reveal too much of what would happen in tribal...
Irishk

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2011 01:16 pm
@Linkat,
But didn't we kind of know what would happen at tribal after he spilled Savaii's entire strategy to Sophie? (The F4 deal included Sophie, Albert and Coach). He basically told her she could count on him to make sure it didn't go to rocks.

I think leaving out the scene of Albert's F4 offer just left us thinking it was Coach's suggestions of "we'll treat you better, etc." that turned him (which was probably part of it, but not all of it). Now Cochran is about to meet Jesus up close and personal lol....whether he wants to or not.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2011 03:19 pm
@Irishk,
Thanks for the update, K! It is annoying that some of these videos can't be viewed by us in Canada. Sad
Irishk

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2011 04:39 pm
@Reyn,
It really baffles me since they air the series in Canada. There used to be a couple of ardent fans who would upload the deleted scenes/Ponderosa scenes to youtube with no viewer restrictions, but CBS has banned them (or managed to get them banned).

The next few episodes will be ho-hum with Upolu picking off the remaining Savaii tribe, but then when they turn on each other things will pick up again lol.