Blair to be on Survivor in Sept 19

Linkat

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 06:40 am
3 teams - Blair from Facts of Life and former MVP baseball player to be included; also one other twist: 3 former survivors who were medically evacuated which are still not revealed but rumored to be (no not Coltan) Jonathan Penner, Michael Skupin and Russell Swan.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 6 • Views: 6,883 • Replies: 44
No top replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 07:22 am
They keep digging up Skupin over and over again. Why?

He's from my area. He's an goofus in real life, and reveals that even on fantasy TV.
Linkat

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 07:28 am
@PUNKEY,
So is that why he fell into the fire?

Being a goofus though is always fun to watch.
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 07:34 am
@Linkat,
I thought you meant Tony Blair....
Linkat

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 08:08 am
@eurocelticyankee,
Now that would be interesting....but I believe one of the qualifications to be on survivor is to have a US passport. Yes - I checked. I think the only thing holding me back from going on the show is I wouldn't want to be away from my family for that long.
Irishk

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 08:21 am
@Linkat,
They should vote Blair and the baseball player off in a one-two punch.
Linkat

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 08:22 am
@Irishk,
depends if they recognize them - the young set is not going to know Blair and who knows about how much she has changed in appearance for the 40 year olds. Not sure about the ball player - how well was he known? How long ago did he play - all depends on that.
Linkat

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 08:24 am
@Linkat,
another thing I was thinking - if they keep bringing in celebrities/sports players - in the future the survivors may ask so who here is famous?
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 08:24 am
@Linkat,
I think they'll probably recognize Blair right away -- not sure about the ball player.

How long did Jimmy Johnson last? Can't remember if he was voted off 2nd or 3rd -- don't think he was the first to go, though.
Linkat

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 09:01 am
@Irishk,
he was voted off fairly early - maybe about the 3rd he did last a little bit though. And everyone knew who he was right away. I mean he has been in the media just yesterday.

Blair on the other hand unless you were watching Facts of Life, she isn't known. And it has been quite a while since she was on TV - wonder if Facts of Life has been on Nick at night - that could be a difference.

Baseball player - I didn't recognize him, but then again, if he were a former sox player I might recognize him. And he has only been out of baseball for 4 years so there could be potential recognizing him depending on how many baseball fans are on survivor.
Region Philbis

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 09:18 am
@Linkat,

apparently the baseball player is Jeff Kent...
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 09:23 am
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

Now that would be interesting....but I believe one of the qualifications to be on survivor is to have a US passport. Yes - I checked.
For the US show - it runs in quite a few countries. (Survivor in the UK was stopped in 2002, it's now I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!, which is very similar though ... )
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 10:06 am
@Region Philbis,
yeah would you recognize him? I am a biased red sox fan.
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 10:08 am
@Linkat,
I was curious, so I looked up a recent picture of her. She's changed (older), but I could see her fellow castaways saying something like, "Gee...you kinda remind me of Blair on Facts of Life". Or...she might just decide to blab who she is from the get go (she campaigned hard to get on the show).

She has a website! She recounts her experience on the show without being explicit on any real 'facts', but there are definitely hints given. Too spoilerish to post here, though.
Linkat

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 10:53 am
@Irishk,
oh cool - but if there is potential spoilers don't know if I want to read it.
Joe Nation

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 11:04 am
Blair from "The Facts of Life"

Okay.

Survivor has officially jumped the shark.

Joe(unless I missed when it happened two seasons ago)Nation
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 11:21 am
@Linkat,
I hear you. I think I'm definitely in the minority when it comes to spoilers for these silly reality shows. I like them and actually look for them and knowing who wins in advance makes the show more fun for me.

Books/movies (especially in the thriller/suspense genre) are a different story.
Linkat

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 12:02 pm
@Irishk,
for me it kind of depends - sometimes I like them and sometimes not - depends on how the show is going and if there are any "likeable" people. Too soon to tell yet.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 04:49 pm
@Linkat,
I'm pleased that it's not Colton coming back. I wouldn't have watched if he had been one of the 3.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2012 05:30 am
Anyone watching? I rather liked the first episode and I usually just bear with it. Zane, what a kook.