Survivor Samoa starts tomorrow!

Reply Wed 16 Sep, 2009 12:52 pm
Here's a link to Jeff talking about the cast:

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor/video/?pid=2aKDItLfh7J1nLqGkYahERM1dcFiuvnY&play=true&vs=Default

It will be interesting to see how his predictions work out.

Please note: If you just don't care or you hate Survivor and you don't understand why anyone would watch it, that's okay. You don't need to tell us about it. Thanks for your cooperation!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 7,844 • Replies: 92
No top replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
Roberta

Reply Wed 16 Sep, 2009 03:33 pm
I'll be watching, boomer.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 16 Sep, 2009 03:37 pm
@boomerang,
seems like farmerman ignored you comment - I always wonder why if some one detests something so much that and they don't watch a show, why the need to comment.
I will be watching. I need mindless entertainment where I can feel superior to others. Besides I'd kinda like to be on the show myself - just wouldn't want to be away from my family for so long. And besides that my husband said I would be too nice and end up being voted off as a threat because of it.
boomerang

Reply Wed 16 Sep, 2009 03:52 pm
Did you watch any of the preview clips? That one guy looks evil, he should be fun to watch. I think he's forgotten that it all comes down to a jury.
farmerman

Reply Wed 16 Sep, 2009 04:38 pm
@Linkat,
Quote:
seems like farmerman ignored you comment -
. I did, sorry to get you all unnerved
Quote:
I always wonder why if some one detests something so much that and they don't watch a show, why the need to comment.
.Please dont go getting all uppidty maam. Boomer posted a comment to which she wished only positive feedback. I feel like stickin my nose into the converstaion to let y'all know that this is a mindless trumped up show where nothing is "reality".

The only thing my comment was about was mostly my surprise that the stupid show was still on TV.

Im a baaad boy.

boomerang

Reply Wed 16 Sep, 2009 04:45 pm
I understand that a lot of people don't like it. I don't really care. I understand that it is contrived. I don't really care.

It is one of the very few shows that we can sit down and watch as a family, which ranks it pretty high in my book.

The challenges are fun to watch and the social aspect is fascinating.
Roberta

Reply Wed 16 Sep, 2009 05:28 pm
I watched the predictions. Thanks for the link, boomer. This could be interesting. I already have a favorite.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 16 Sep, 2009 06:10 pm
@boomerang,
It's on too damn late.

Damn it.

These days I seem to mostly watch shows that are frequently replayed during the day... Bravo's good for that...

(Yes, eventually I'll get a Tivo/ DVR)
sozobe

Reply Wed 16 Sep, 2009 06:12 pm
@sozobe,
Wait, it's on at 8, not 9. I thought 9. Maybe.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 16 Sep, 2009 06:17 pm
Survivor is the WORST show to tivo.

Last year I missed the final episode, planning to watch it on tivo, but forgot and clicked on the Suvivor thread and had the whole ending spoiled.

This year we'll have to remember to post "spoiler alert" for those sorry saps like me.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2009 06:36 am
I'll be watching every week. My wife thinks Probst is hot and I enjoy the competition and fun challenges. It's an hour of entertainment which my wife and kids and I all enjoy.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2009 07:19 am
I bet Farmerman watches Survivor when no one is looking and then claims he busy reading Scientific American or splitting atoms.

I'm in, but I may be late in responding because I watch on-line.

0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2009 07:37 am
@boomerang,
I haven't watched the last couple of seasons. I might this season, since there isn't anything else on I want to watch.

Or I might just start working through my Netflix queue....
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2009 10:49 am
@boomerang,
Not really much of them - for some reason when I read this Coach popped into my head. I still remember him fondly from the past season.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2009 10:50 am
@farmerman,
You are very naughty!

Be gone with you then. And let us talk about our stupid tv show -

Like you never do anything stupid
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2009 10:51 am
@boomerang,
I agree - my kids enjoy it too. They have those people they don't like and say are mean - it is all just fun - even if it is stupid.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 18 Sep, 2009 07:58 am
Is it too early to complain about Russell? Largest case of Short man's SyndromeI have seen on TV.
boomerang

Reply Fri 18 Sep, 2009 08:17 am
@McGentrix,
Oh my gosh! What a prick! That guy is impossible. He's going to slip up with the lies (like the Katrina story) eventually and everyone will figure out what a jerk he is.

And the other Russell seems completely overwhelmed.

I'm liking Shambo and Jaison at this point but it is still way to early to tell.
Linkat

Reply Fri 18 Sep, 2009 11:15 am
@boomerang,
Didn't Mick see him talking to some one about an alliance or was that kinda a editing thing to make you think he saw them. Any way he is going to mess up of course, but I enjoy hearing him make such an a$$ of himself.
0 Replies