Dragon Slayer vs Ozzinator in the South Pacific

caribou

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2011 07:20 pm
Yup, pretty much agree to all ya'll said. Yup.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2011 10:32 am
@Green Witch,
I always like to ask my kids who they like. I find it interesting from a younger person's perspective.

My 12 year old hasn't determined yet - neither have I.

My 8 year old likes Ozzie, Russel's nephew and the hot chick that Russell's nephew likes. I think she likes that girl because she is pretty yet strong and athletic - how she able to climb the tree and stuff.

I may be killed on here, but I don't at this point like Ozzie like I had before. He is too surfer dude sounding this go around and almost appears to think he is a big shot (in that respect can't really blame him though as he is the experienced one).

I don't mind coach as long as he doesn't get too weird. I find him funny and likeable as long as he doesn't get overboard.
Irishk

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2011 01:19 pm
@Linkat,
I kind of agree with you on Ozzy, although I think part of his 'mellow' may be him working on his social game. In his first season I had such mad respect for his athleticism (he never lost a water challenge - my favorite), but was ultimately beaten by a social mastermind in a very close vote, 5-4.

He's not one of my early picks to win, though (I'd have voted him off first lol). I'm excited to see the RI challenges, though, to see if they'll include water this time (I don't think we had any last season in Nicaragua--too dangerous or something). RI/Samoa might be a whole 'nother story, though.
Hope so.
Reyn

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2011 08:43 pm
@Irishk,
Irishk wrote:
... I'm excited to see the RI challenges ...

Well, with the first arrival to RI already, I'm thinking that whomever goes up against her, it probably won't be too competitive.

Or am I being too negative? Confused
Irishk

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2011 09:27 pm
@Reyn,
Last season it seemed like it took forever to get to the first RI challenge. I think it finally aired in Episode 3 or 4. Remember -- we were all like, "WHEN are they gonna have the RI challenge?!?!" LOL.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2011 03:00 am
@Reyn,
Quote:
I'm thinking that whomever goes up against her, it probably won't be too competitive.

It depends. If it's a wet T-shirt competition Semhar wins.
Reyn

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2011 07:45 am
@Green Witch,
Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2011 11:37 am
@Green Witch,
She might also do well if the contest is recitation of meaningless poetry.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2011 05:49 pm
Yeah! It's on tonight!
jcboy

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2011 07:13 pm
@jcboy,
I thought for sure they might turn on Russell’s little nephew; I don’t like the little weasel.

Ill bet Cockran the nerdy guy comes out of the closet soon Wink
Irishk

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2011 08:22 pm
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:
I don’t like the little weasel.

He's beyond creepy. I hope Mikayla plants one on him!
Green Witch

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2011 04:36 am
Coach is playing a better game this time and might actually become a pivotal player instead of a patsy this round, if he doesn't get suckered again. It only took Weasel Hantz a couple of episodes to reveal himself to be a lying creep. He was worried about being judged by his uncle's reputation, but he's destroying it himself before the others even know the relationship. The only reason he wants Makhalia (sp?) out is because he gets hard looking at her, yeah, great game play Rolling Eyes . He has the typical paranoid, blame it on anyone but me addict turned religious wacko personality. I hope he gets smacked around by all of them and has to go live with the annoying poet on RI for a few days.

They really need to do a better job at hiding those idols.
Linkat

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2011 08:44 am
@Green Witch,
Agreed with the hiding of idols. Why even give clues unless you are an idiot and can't find it even with the clue.

Russell's nephew definately has a problem. So what if a girl is attractive - he can't control himself. It isn't like she is flirting or leading trying to hit on them. She is pretty with a nice body. And because of the circumstances the clothing is lacking. Nothing like you wouldn't see on the street or beach or something.

I told my husband - his reaction scares me. It reminds me of men (and even some women) who blame a woman that gets raped because of something she is wearing.

boomerang

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2011 09:20 am
@Linkat,
I heard him say something last night about how she was flirting with everyone and had all the guys wrapped around her finger -- except him.

I don't think she'd give him the time of day after him stalking around after her so much. I think that's why he doesn't like her.

I wonder too, though, if things are just edited to make it look like he's stalking her. They show her doing something then they show him off by himself brooding.

Why did he rat himself out at tribal? Why didn't those girls rat him out?
Irishk

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2011 10:24 am
@boomerang,
He's afraid Mikayla is another Parvati who was so capable of reeling in the men and then skewering them. I don't think Mikayla is anything like Parvati -- except for being great at challenges and being attractive. It remains to be seen if she can make the big moves when they're needed, though.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2011 11:42 am
@boomerang,
Yes - they definately do alot of editing to make things look a certain way. I've read about it many blogs/posts.

Similar to other reality shows.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2011 12:41 pm
@Irishk,
Irishk wrote:

jcboy wrote:
I don’t like the little weasel.

He's beyond creepy. I hope Mikayla plants one on him!
And, he's an idiot who absolutely feels he must tell the "truth", as at TC.

Doesn't he realise he's playing a game? In order to advance in Survivor, you need to be frugal with the truth and be a conniver.

Green Witch wrote:
... The only reason he wants Makhalia (sp?) out is because he gets hard looking at her, yeah, great game play Rolling Eyes . He has the typical paranoid, blame it on anyone but me addict turned religious wacko personality. ...

I think all that we see about him is for the benefit of his wife at home, when she watches the show.

I suspect, at some point, he had an affair with someone else. This is his attonement.

I also agree with the immunity idols. I can't believe they were found already! Shocked
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 24 Sep, 2011 03:04 am
Finally caught this week's episode. There is something really wrong with Brandon. He'll never reveal who his uncle is. Now Coach knows. He finds a woman attractive. Wants to get rid of her. Unlike is uncle, who played the game but could never get votes at the end, he's not playing the game at all. And in addition to be nuts, I also think he's stupid.

Coach has surprised me this time. He's not acting as goofy as he used to.

If I were on Ozzy's team, I'd vote him out in a heartbeat. Dangerous.

I was afraid that RI noodnik would recite some poetry. Feh.

I'm enjoying the show.
Irishk

Reply Sat 24 Sep, 2011 10:53 am
@Roberta,
Well, finally. I was wondering where you were!

What did you think of Christine and that whole tribal brouhaha? Albert (is anyone even noticing him???), I thought, was impressive with how he mounted his defense of Coach's loyalty.

Agree with you on Ozzy, but I kind of hope both he and Coach at least make it to the merge. They're both so entertaining and I want to see Ozzy do at least one water challenge to check if he still has his mojo in that dept.
Reyn

Reply Sat 24 Sep, 2011 06:26 pm
@Irishk,
Irishk wrote:
... Albert (is anyone even noticing him???) ...

I'm liking Albert so far. Hoping he'll do well.

I think it would be funny to see Russell's nephew be voted off early, like he was last time. Laughing
0 Replies