So who is watching this season of Survivor?

Reply Fri 17 Apr, 2009 01:20 pm
Why is Coach still there? That guy totally creeps me out! Seriously, you couldn't pay me a million dollars to be on some island with that guy. I think he's a psychopath -- not the deranged killer type psychopath but the garden variety psychopath.

What the heck happened last night?

I hope J.T. wins.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 3,424 • Replies: 38
No top replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 17 Apr, 2009 01:49 pm
@boomerang,
boomerang wrote:
not the deranged killer type psychopath but the garden variety psychopath.

best line ever
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Fri 17 Apr, 2009 01:57 pm
I watched the first season, but I havent watched it since.

If they really want these people to see how they can survive, then drop them on an island with some water-proof matches and a knife.

Thats the survival training I went thru in the service.
0 Replies

BarbieQPickle

Reply Fri 17 Apr, 2009 01:58 pm
I haven't watched last nights episode yet! I hate Coach aka Fabio! I have a feeling he will be going home soon, I have never liked him at all. I really like J.T, he has a good personality, him being good looking doesn't hurt either. He has a good chance, I just wish he didn't try and do stuff with Steven he's a liar I don't trust him or like him.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 17 Apr, 2009 02:06 pm
@boomerang,
I agree that coach is a psycho. Maybe he's still there because he'd be easy to beat in the final.
mokey10

Reply Fri 17 Apr, 2009 02:24 pm
@boomerang,
Coach and J.T. both SUCK!
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 17 Apr, 2009 04:58 pm
Oh you've got to see last night's episode. Coach was batshit nutty. Survivor has had some nutty people on it before but this guy takes the cake.

They could be keeping him around as insurance when it gets to the finals because it sure seems like everyone is creeped out by him.

This has been an interesting season. There are several people I like but at this point I'm thinking J.T. is the best player.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 17 Apr, 2009 05:39 pm
I admit I'm not sure what happened either. I thought the Brandon alliance was solid. I was surprised that Taj turned on him. Coach is a total freak and I only hope they are saving the best vote off ever for him.

Mystery Man, this is really a game of psychological and social survival. It's High School in an exotic location.
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Fri 17 Apr, 2009 05:56 pm
Taj, Stephen and JT didn't stay alined with Brandon cause Brandon (the buffoon) ignored them when the tribes merged.

Coach is hilarious and a wacko. I would have tried to vote him out if I were there. But sitting at home watching, I find him good entertainment. Much better than last season's bitter angry man. Whatever his name was...

I love the JT and Stephen alliance. I loved the scene were the two of them were sitting by the water together and they realize that the game in their hands. And they don't have the big ego...
I fear for JT, cause I think he has a large target on his back.

Tyson is another of my favorites. I think what he says in private to the camera is very very funny. But in next week's trailer, they show Tyson being mean to Sierra. And I think Tyson better be careful of that kind of behavior.

Course we'll have to hear next week, Coach still talking about what a dragon slayer he is. OMG, when at the challenge, someone said that they thought the playing field was fairly level, since no one had ever thrown metal balls underhanded at ceramic tiles... And Coach said "I have!".... You can't beat that kind of wackiness.

He'll be so easy to get rid of later.

My picks right now, in order, JT, Tyson, mmmmm...
But rarely does the person I want to win, win.

0 Replies

BarbieQPickle

Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2009 01:58 am
Some of the people there are pointless, like some of the girls they never really even show at all. They show them for one minute per episode. I already know that in future episodes when it is just J.T. and Steven after they get rid of 'Coach' and Tyson, Steven will flip and go with the left over girls and tell them he is weak and they have a chance to beat him but they nor he can beat J.T. and that they have to vote him out. I can almost bet he would do that. This season is much better than last season though, I think the setting they were in just made it so much more boring for some reason.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2009 10:50 am
@Roberta,
My thoughts exactly - the other one I cant stand is the fake morman guy - at first I thought he was funny - now he just grates on my nerves.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 23 Apr, 2009 10:39 pm
So Tyson is gone. I did note see this coming at all. That Stephen is diabolical, I tell ya.

Question: I don't know what the law is in the country the show is filmed. Would it be considered a crime to get rid of the coach? A drowning, perhaps? Falling in a hole? I cannot stand that man. I'm resisting the temptation to switch channels when he appears on the screen. Spare me CBS. Please, somebody, do something. To paraphrase a line from Becket, "Will no one rid me of this meddlesome moron?"

Definitely an interesting season. Turns out I don't like anybody much.
boomerang

Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2009 09:48 am
@Roberta,
That was a brilliant move. Well played.

They made it look too much like it was going to be Sierra for it to have really been Sierra. Then, when it looked like she was going to win immunity I thought that was the reason why they'd edited it to make it look like it was going to be her.

Twisted!

At first I liked Tyson but he ended up just being mean. That he's gone and Sierra is still there is hilarious.

There is something seriously wrong with Coach. I can hardly wait for the reunion show to get to the truth about this guy. The way Jeff is ribbing him you'd think he knows something......
Linkat

Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2009 10:06 am
@boomerang,
I agree I don't like Coach, but I really dislike Tyson. At first he was funny, but then he was mean and cruel and unnecessarily so. At the very least Coach tries to help and shows some compassion - although he is definately full of himself and off his rocker.

This season seems to have more overgrown egos.
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2009 06:43 pm
That was great!

Erinn and Stephen, devious minds....
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2009 06:50 pm
I think Coach has been watching too many re-runs of The Highlander. Tyson started to bother me a few episodes back with his nasty, behind the scene comments. The loin cloth was also rather tacky. Bye, bye cycler dude.
0 Replies

BarbieQPickle

Reply Sat 25 Apr, 2009 12:18 am
Coach is fake, I knew they weren't sending Sierra home either. I would have sent Tyson home. Oh, did you see the preview where Coach is now telling Sierra so are you loyal and to join him? Give me a break people really, how ridiculous. I can't believe they choose to eat pizza as if noone would dare even consider to send them home. Ha! The show really bugs me sometimes I want to jump through the t.v. and shake them and say "Hello, what are you thinking?!" To any or all of them. Coach has been purposely not winning challenges to I think, and if anyone believes his mind games they are just as crazy as him. I think they will send Coach or Debbie home next.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 1 May, 2009 09:44 pm
I think it was a mistake not to send Bonnie (the principal) home.

So Coach finally won something. Big woop.

And did you see Stephen's face when somebody voted him out? Loved that.

boomerang

Reply Sun 3 May, 2009 08:41 am
@Roberta,
I thought it would be Sierra but I agree that they should have sent the principal home (I think her name is Debbie). She hasn't managed to really alienate anyone so she has a good chance of winning no matter who she might come up against.

I loved it that Sierra made sure everyone knew Coach is lying and that he isn't be Mr. Honorable after all.

It was too funny when Coach won -- doing his little dance and saying "Dragonslayer!".

Gag.
Linkat

Reply Mon 4 May, 2009 02:45 pm
@boomerang,
The thing that gets me is the fact that before Sierra pointed out Coach's lie that they would believe Coach over anyone. I mean come on, he tells all these stories about his life as if he was Indiana Jones and they think Coach tells the truth?

TJ/CJ whatever his name is - I loved his reaction to everyone voted that he was most truthful or along those lines. He lied right to Coach's and Tyson's face that he wouldn't vote for them and then went ahead and voted Tyson out.
0 Replies