Guess what football "star" will be on Survivor?

Linkat

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2010 03:47 pm
So Jimmy Johnson is going to be on survivor - interesting. Also interesting survivor is moving to Wednesday nights - I also heard the rumor that is going to be on at 10pm instead of 8. The premier is supposed to be a week prior to the official start of fall programming.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,259 • Replies: 11
No top replies

panzade

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2010 04:08 pm
@Linkat,
No way! He'd never take a chance on mussing up his hair!http://thebsreport.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/johnson_jimmy.jpg
Irishk

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2010 05:20 pm
@panzade,
He looks more like a politician than someone who'd be on Survivor with that hair. Hmmm...is he a politician?
panzade

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2010 07:00 pm
@Irishk,
If he's linkat's Jimmy he's a former coach and current analyst on TV
Irishk

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2010 07:08 pm
@panzade,
Thanks, Pan. I predict both he and his hair will both be voted off early on LOL.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2010 07:14 pm
@Irishk,
You never know in the States... Regan, Bono, Schwarzenegger...seems like anydamnbody can hold office. Why, I'm surprised OJ didn't run for something when he got off. And why not a jock - they already have lots of jerks.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2010 07:38 am
@panzade,
I bet his one luxury item will be a comb (or hair gel)
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2010 07:40 am
@panzade,
yep that Jimmy Johnson of Dallas cowboys and more recently Miami coach fame. Supposedly he tried to get on last year, but failed the fitness test. He loves survivor so much he worked out and lost weight to qualify.
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2010 08:02 am
I looked him up. He went to high school with Janis Joplin. I just skimmed over his long career as a football coach, but I'm betting a lot of the guys will know him and not so much the girls. I can't see him lasting very long unless he's really, really bad at challenges and they figure he's not a threat. They're not going to want to give him the bucks, though lol.

Filming started around the end of June, so he's probably already relaxing on the Ponderosa.
Linkat

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2010 09:03 am
@Irishk,
If he is really bad at the challenges he could go early.

He may be kept for a little while for novality of it. Wouldn't it be fun to hang with Jimmy Johnson?
panzade

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2010 09:18 am
@Linkat,
As far as "celebs" go, yeah
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2010 10:21 am
@Linkat,
I imagine he'd have some great stories to share, both as a coach and as an announcer. He's 67...and from the photo above looks healthy. I wonder what kind of a toll the heat and dietary deprivations will take on him, though.

I'm ready for some Survivor!!!
0 Replies