Dragon Slayer vs Ozzinator in the South Pacific

Green Witch

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2011 08:35 pm
So who else thinks Ozzy is trying to channel Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow?

Not for a minute did I think the marijuana guy was going to give up the immunity necklace. It would be 100% out of character. Ozzy should have known better than to expect a Hail Mary pass from him.

I have a very strong craving for iced coffee and a blueberry muffin now.
Roberta

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 03:30 am
@Green Witch,
Marijuana guy? I don't think I'm paying close enough attention.

BTW, balance challenges give the edge to women, I think.

Green Witch

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 04:52 am
@Roberta,
Marijuana guy = Jim. He's a medical marijuana "dispenser", or at least that is his job description when it pops up under his face now and then.

Women are definitely better at balancing. You can really see if you take a co-ed yoga class.
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 09:20 am
Jeff's tease for next week's Episode 11....

Quote:
Showdown at Redemption Island....Can Ozzy stay alive?

AND...

Quote:
Another double elimination! Can Dawn and Whitney stay alive?

I have to say, from the preview I'm nervous for Albert! Is his move to stir it up with Coach too early? Timing is everything (something Cochran hasn't learned lol) but if his plan includes recruiting Dawn and Whitney, he's at the eleventh hour. I could see the weasely Brandon being his biggest obstacle!
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 09:27 am
It seems to me that the show is turning into a game show. Even though there has been some interesting turns and twists all we're getting to see is competitions. Boring.
Irishk

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 09:30 am
@boomerang,
I love the competitions! Much better than the prayer meetings lol.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 10:46 am
@boomerang,
I think this type of show has two types of viewers. Those that love the sporting team type events or the individual competitions and then people like me who like the social game and manipulations. I often leave the room, or flip the channel, when the competitions are on. I really don't find people spitting out coconut juice all that interesting, but I love it when people start whispering into each others ears or carving fake idols.
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 11:10 am
I like both! I'm not the biggest fan of RI, especially after the merge, though. I wish they'd ditch it and bring back the reward challenges. I always found the aftermath of those telling...especially when the winner is asked to choose one or two fellow castaways to join in -- generally giving us clues as to strategy and/or alliances. Plus, those left back at camp were free to indulge in gossip/planning/backstabbing the reward winners lol!
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 01:49 pm
@Irishk,
Irishk wrote:

It really baffles me since they air the series in Canada. There used to be a couple of ardent fans who would upload the deleted scenes/Ponderosa scenes to youtube with no viewer restrictions, but CBS has banned them (or managed to get them banned).

The next few episodes will be ho-hum with Upolu picking off the remaining Savaii tribe, but then when they turn on each other things will pick up again lol.

Crap! Really? That cheeses me off that they got banned. I used to enjoy those re-posted video clips. I also have no idea what the harm in in having them being viewed in Canada. It makes me feel like a second class viewer.

I agree that the next episodes will be predictable with Whitney and Dawn being voted out.

Irishk wrote:

I like both! I'm not the biggest fan of RI, especially after the merge, though. I wish they'd ditch it and bring back the reward challenges. I always found the aftermath of those telling...especially when the winner is asked to choose one or two fellow castaways to join in -- generally giving us clues as to strategy and/or alliances. Plus, those left back at camp were free to indulge in gossip/planning/backstabbing the reward winners lol!

I'm nodding in agreement with you on this, K!

But, I still enjoy the show, along with The Amazing Race, which I'm disappointed that no one wants to discuss it this season. Sad
Linkat

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 01:51 pm
@Reyn,
I'm watching the race too.
Reyn

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 04:25 pm
@Linkat,
Yeah, but there's no topic to talk about it.

And, I remember from last season when there was, it was just mainly Roberta and me chatting about it. Sad
Linkat

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2011 08:35 am
@Reyn,
well it is sorta like suvivor - there are boring parts - and usually until it gets closer to the end - don't always have favorites or villians.

Like this past survivor - was boring and not unexpected so I didn't say anything - although do you think that the smaller tribe are really villians?
Reyn

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2011 01:34 pm
@Linkat,
To me, it's all part of the game - backstabbing and all.

That's why I can't see anything wrong with what Cochrane did. He did what he had to do to survive (outplay, outwit, outlast).

There have been past seasons where this has happened, and it's labelled as a brilliant blindside.

[shrug]
Green Witch

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2011 02:01 pm
@Reyn,
I agree. Cochrane did what you are expected to do in this game in order to get ahead. I have no idea where this idea of playing the game with "dignity" "integrity" and "honesty" came from. Who needs a moral compass for Survivor? It's not a walk-a-thon for charity. It's a cheesy game show where the best players will sell out their grandmother to possibly win a million dollars. The whole point is to first get people to trust you, get as far as you can go and then knife anyone who is still standing in your way at the end. Simple.
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2011 02:46 pm
@Reyn,
Ooooh...interesting thoughts on the 'brilliant blindside'! That never once occurred to me when I watched him flip, but you might be right. I think he wanted to have at least one 'big' move to his credit (and to present to the jury) if he can hold on until F3.

On the other hand, my first thought was, uh-oh he's done. He's probably put 5 people who are very mad at him on the jury (one wanted to kill him lol), and even if he makes F3, he's there with 2 Upolu (yay!) and there's no way Upolu is going to vote for him to win the $$$ (he's from the enemy tribe).

I liked him as an underdog, so I was really, really, REALLY hoping he'd take his chances with the purple rock! Now I think there's a very good chance he won't even make it to the end.

My fantasy F3 for now is Albert/Sophie/Coach with a final vote of 5-4-0. (Unless Albert messes up next week and looks like he might lol).
Reyn

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2011 09:00 pm
@Irishk,
What typically comes to mind, for me, are some of the moves Russell made during his time. By his 3rd season, for course, everybody knew what he was going to do.

Russell was never my favourite player, but you have to hand it to him, he seemed to have a heck of a knack for finding those hidden idols!

Irishk wrote:
My fantasy F3 for now is Albert/Sophie/Coach with a final vote of 5-4-0. (Unless Albert messes up next week and looks like he might lol).

Yeah, I noticed that, too, right at the end! He's trying to make a move on Coach? Oooh, sounds like a backstab! Wink Laughing
Linkat

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2011 08:45 am
@Reyn,
I agree - the problem the other tribe had is that they made it known he was last man - what Rob did previously was some one made everyone think the were the best. Dumb making it so obvious.
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2011 10:28 am
@Reyn,
Keeping fingers crossed that Albert will be okay! They always edit the previews to make us think one thing and then the opposite always happens lol.

I think Albert and Sophie have had Coach and his little cult following on their radar for a while, so if they strategize to cultivate some jury votes among Savaii outcasts, that's just good game play. After the merge, it becomes a game of finesse (something Russell, and now Brandon, never understood). Plus, I don't think Sophie or Albert were ever *really* a part of Coach's God squad...I like both for that reason alone LOL!

Reyn

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2011 03:19 pm
@Irishk,
Should interesting!

So, is Coach going to do a "Cochrane" on Albert? Laughing
jcboy

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2011 03:22 pm
Whoever makes it to the final three would be smart if they take Cochrane with them. I don’t think any of his teammates would vote to give him a million dollars after he screwed them all.
0 Replies