Survivor Heroes vs Villians Feb 11th

Linkat

Reply Fri 29 Jan, 2010 03:43 pm
Here's the list:

HEROES
Rupert Boneham (Pearl Islands, All-Stars)
James Clement (China, Fans vs. Favorites)
Colby Donaldson (Australian Outback, All-Stars)
Cirie Fields (Panama, Fans vs. Favorites)
Amanda Kimmel (China, Fans vs. Favorites)
Jessica "Sugar" Kiper (Gabon)
Stephenie LaGrossa (Palau, Guatemala)
JT Thomas (Tocantins)
Tom Westman (Palau)
Candice Woodcock (Cook Islands)

VILLAINS
Tyson Apostol (Tocantins)
Randy Bailey (Gabon)
Sandra Diaz (Pearl Islands)
Danielle DiLorenzo (Panama)
Russell Hantz (Samoa)
Jerri Manthey (Australian Outback)
Boston Rob Mariano (Marquesas, All-Stars)
Parvati Shallow (Cook Islands, Fans vs. Favorites)
Benjamin "Coach" Wade (Tocantins)
Courtney Yates (China)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 7,295 • Replies: 108
No top replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 29 Jan, 2010 03:57 pm
This should be fun.

I remember a few of the players but am completely clueless on many of them. I'll need to look up some videos to remember them by.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 29 Jan, 2010 04:03 pm
I had a feeling Rupert would be there. Not sure who most of the others are. Some I know.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 29 Jan, 2010 07:15 pm
@Linkat,
Yup, I'm gonna watch! Looking forward to it!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 12 Feb, 2010 06:12 am
Spoiler:

Bye, Sugar. Don't know how she made it onto an all-star show. And she wouldn't have been on my list of heroes.

Great to see Colby again. Forgot how much I liked him. Also glad to see Stephanie.

I'm curious to see if Russell will be able to manipulate this group.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 12 Feb, 2010 06:49 am
I rather liked Sugar the first time. This time I thought she was a leech.
Bye, bye.

Boston Rob really shines on the villain side. They others all seem a bit dysfunctional. I thought Coach was going to just annoy me, but watching Rob manipulate him was very entertaining. I still dislike Russell and that feeling was intensified when he started saying how star struck he was by other players. It's not like any of these people are real athletes or super geniuses. They're a bunch of goofy characters who are willing to live in horrible conditions, backstab each other and possibly embarrass themselves on national television for a big chunk of money. Hardly the stuff we should turn into hero worship.

I'm not rooting for anyone yet.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 12 Feb, 2010 12:02 pm
I'm a fairly newcomer to the Survivor series, but enjoying it, for the most part.

With the show yesterday, though, I was NOT impressed with the first challenge. The fact that two people got injured was a big negative.

The second challenge was 100% better, where they had to use speed and their wits to win.

I'm against challenges where there is physical confrontation, and the potential for contestants to get hurt. Some just went over the top.

Other than that, it's going to be interesting.

Oh, and in my opinion, the right person got eliminated.
Green Witch

Reply Fri 12 Feb, 2010 12:12 pm
@Reyn,
That first competition was ridiculous. A bunch of people pushing each other around and being as nasty as possible. It's not sport, it's a sloppy brawl.
Irishk

Reply Fri 12 Feb, 2010 12:48 pm
I kept waiting for Russell to start snooping around for the hidden immunity idol. Maybe they don't have one in allstars series?
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 12 Feb, 2010 05:16 pm
@Green Witch,
Green Witch wrote:

That first competition was ridiculous. A bunch of people pushing each other around and being as nasty as possible. It's not sport, it's a sloppy brawl.

Yup, that's the way I see it for sure.

When the contestants have to figure something out, or need a specific skill, it becomes a lot more interesting.

I presume that all those participating would be signing a waiver of some kind, in case they get injured during the game? Otherwise, the lawsuits would be flying.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 12 Feb, 2010 05:45 pm
If I were playing I would immediately target any player that has won in the past.

Voting Sugar off seemed pretty stupid to me.
Linkat

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2010 12:38 pm
@boomerang,
The downside of that is - you could be voting off your stronger players - they have done this in the past and for the most part it was worse for those players remaining in the tribe. It causes you to have a weaker tribe resulting in more losses and increasing your chances of being voted off sooner and when a merge occurs your tribe will be down in numbers.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2010 12:39 pm
So what is going to happen to Rob? See the pre-views for Thursday?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 23 Feb, 2010 11:17 am
I'm glad boston rob was ok. However, he almost seems too nice in this one for me to like him. Perhaps marriage and seeing he is soon to be a daddy has mellowed this guy out.
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Tue 23 Feb, 2010 11:24 am
I'm very happy that Rob is okay.

I seem to be cheering on the Villains right now.

I can't wait to see what happens next.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Tue 23 Feb, 2010 12:46 pm
I guess I was in love with Sugar, probably like most other male viewer. Now that she's kicked off, I stopped watching. The show is getting more vicious than ever; it just makes humanity look like a bag of sleeze.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2010 05:42 am
The heroes aren't all that heroic, and the villains aren't all that villainous (except for Russell, who hid the machete).

I think I'm rooting for Rob. Not sure, though.

Interesting that the heroes won when a puzzle wasn't involved.
Linkat

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2010 12:00 pm
@Roberta,
The heroes (overall) are physically stronger - the villians smarter.

I think too overall I am voting for Rob. He is like Russell but with a boyish thing about him - that doesn't come across as offensive as Russell. I'd love to see Rob find the hidden idol over Russell.

I don't understand the Russell thing for hiding stuff and dumping out water and things like that - it just weakens his tribe overall in the challenges - I think it makes him feel superior that he has something over the others. And I wonder why no one suspects him? Don't they watch the other survivors? The minute that machette was lost, I'd suspect Russell.

Not sure who I like best over at the heros camp - but one thing I don't like Rupert as much as everyone else seems to be - he seems a bit wimpy to me. Right now I have no favorites at the hero camp.
boomerang

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2010 02:02 pm
@Linkat,
The last season of Survivor was airing while this one was being shot so nobody knows anything about Russell. He is the only real wild card out there.

I think his hiding things is a pretty smart strategy -- it stirs up trouble and he can watch who turns on who which gives him a real advantage.

I'm not for anyone right now but I don't want to see Rob win. He won once and his wife one once and I think that's plenty. Frankly, I don't want to see anyone who has already won, win.
Irishk

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2010 02:43 pm
Wait until Russell steals Rob's Boston Red Sox hat. Looking forward to it LOL.