Dragon Slayer vs Ozzinator in the South Pacific

Linkat

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2011 01:51 pm
Next Survivor -

In South Pacific with Coach and Ozzie starring...

starts tonight
http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/cast/?season=10/

Irishk

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2011 02:22 pm
@Linkat,
Ha! Great thread title!

DragonSlayer FTW!!! (If the Survivors are smart they'll get rid of the vets right away...right???)

I'm going to be keeping my eye on........Albert........regardless of what Jeff says:

Reyn

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2011 05:16 pm
@Irishk,
Checking in! And looking forward to tonight.

It figures that it's in the same time slot (for me) as the finale for America's Got Talent. Laughing

That's okay, recording that one, and watching Survivor!

Thanks for the links!
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2011 07:07 pm
Thanks for the video IrishK!

Our Wednesdays are the ultimate in hectic nonsense. Grrrr. This is the ONE show that everyone in my family sits down to watch together. Thank heaven for DVRs.

It looks like an interesting season. I understand they're still having Redemption Island. I'm not too sure how I feel about that.

Am I the only one who doesn't remember Ozzie?
Irishk

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2011 10:54 pm
@boomerang,
Ozzie was a runner up in Survivor Cook Islands - 6 years ago. He was a machine on the challenges -- really fun to watch. That was the season they divided the tribes up by race. Then, two years later he was on Survivor Micronesia -- Fans vs. Favorites. He hooked up with Amanda -- they were really cute together and she went on to face Parvati in the finals (Parv won, of course). He seems to have mellowed some -- he was a real hottie with the girls although this current batch don't seem too impressed so far lol.

Did you hear what he said at the end? "I should have taught her how to make fire"! He's so sweet Smile
Roberta

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2011 11:08 pm
@Irishk,
I would have liked to have seen all the votes.

That person (her name is a mystery to me) deserved to be voted out. Corcoran is doing the best he can. She, on the other hand, insisted that she could do something, which prevented someone more capable from participating. She was pathetic--with the excuse that she's tired. Hey, I coulda done better, and I'm always tired.

So far, not so interesting. I'm gonna keep my eye on the ex cop, I like him. So far he's the only one.
Irishk

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2011 11:21 pm
@Roberta,
Papa Bear! I like him, too.

I was really nervous for the nerdy guy -- he talked way too much at tribal, but then Semhar got almost ALL the votes, so yay! Not sure how she'll do at RI since she couldn't even pick up two coconuts LOL!

And like Jeff has always said...'you need to learn how to make fire BEFORE you apply for Survivor'!

My strategy would have been to target Ozzie, though, right? Have these people not watched the show???
Roberta

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2011 12:42 am
@Irishk,
Nobody targeted Boston Rob either, but Ozzy is no Boston Rob.

Russell's nephew is gonna get caught. How long is he going to be able to keep his tattoos hidden. And why bother?

Thanks for the name, Irish. I predict that Semhar will lie around like a lump at RI. Hey, she was tired. I'd be stunned if she can get a fire going.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2011 07:44 am
@boomerang,
Our family as well. Fortunately for us, Wednesdays are pretty good. Most other nights are more hectic.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2011 07:44 am
@Roberta,
If you stay and watch until the very end - they do show all the votes - everyone ended up voted for her.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2011 07:46 am
@Irishk,
Oh, the rancher also said that - in the very beginning when they were arriving, the rancher said - anyone who doesn't prepare ahead of time, like learning how to make fire is an idiot. Finally some one said this - every year I say the same thing, if you find out you are going to be on Survivor - why the h*ll do you not start practicing how to make fire?

I'd target Ozzie too - but I'd wait until just about prior to the merge - you want his capability to help win immunity and to learn from - fire building, fish catching, etc. as long as possible. Basically use the dude until he is in a position where you will be a threat to you.
Linkat

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2011 07:49 am
@Linkat,
I also lost a little respect for ozzie when he went for that chick - guess ozzie likes big boobs.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2011 07:53 am
@Irishk,
Irishk wrote:
Did you hear what he said at the end? "I should have taught her how to make fire"! He's so sweet Smile

Yup, I caught that! I also remember him saying that he wouldn't vote for her, but she deserved it, in my opinion. I like the guy with the glasses, he's so Trekky, if you know what I mean.

I like Ozzie. He is quite likeable. While on the other hand, Coach is... Coach, and hasn't changed since the last time I saw him.

I thought it was hilarious when the one woman said to Russell's nephew, I wonder if it's Russell on the helicopter. Of course, he knew it was not him.

So far, an interesting bunch of characters. Nice mix.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2011 06:10 pm
Hi JC.

I agree with what you said in the other thread (see my comments above).
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2011 06:12 pm
I quite enjoyed it last night. I wasn’t a coach fan but Ozzy was cool. I like the twist with Russell nephew being on the show, he sounds just like him! And I was happy they voted off the girl and kept the nerdy guy Smile
Reyn

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2011 06:18 pm
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:

I like the twist with Russell nephew being on the show, he sounds just like him!

I'm a bit shocked that others have not seen the similarities between Russell and his nephew. They do look somewhat alike!

My wife and I saw it right away and commented on it.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2011 06:23 pm
I think it's interesting that in the cast assessment video posted above Jeff says that Samhir (?) should be the first one voted out and that he should have just told her to go home.

I think he knows what he's talking about!
Reyn

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2011 06:27 pm
@boomerang,
I was thinking the same thing when I watched that video!
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2011 07:06 pm
@Linkat,
Quote:
if you find out you are going to be on Survivor - why the h*ll do you not start practicing how to make fire?

Contestants are only told a couple of days before departure that they are picked for the show. Thousands of people apply, so I think most don't go out of their way to learn the fire starting procedure.

Russell's nephew already annoys me. I thought the Hitler comparison was totally over the top and he seems to think people will be afraid fo him because of his uncle. I have a crazy badass uncle and I don't assume anyone will judge me by his behavior. Who cares if you have a "Loco" tattoo? I can think of far worse tattoos than that. I also think he only tattooed "Hantz" onto his body in two places because he saw his uncle make a name for himself in the world of demi-celebrities and he is trying to suckle off of that. His whole thing about ignoring the pretty girl because he's a good Christian, but sneaking peeks at her body, was just creepy. I hope it was mostly just due to editing and he's not going to turn into her stalker.

I like Ozzy. Coach seems a little saner this round. I wish they had voted off the crying woman with the crazy, bug-eyed stare. You just know she's going to lose it again.
Joe Nation

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2011 07:19 pm
hmmmmm. No one to hate yet. And no one in particular that I'd like to see win.
Good. They all need to win me over.
I wasn't going to watch this season.
I happened to catch the start of the show.
Crap.
Joe(hooked)Nation
0 Replies