Dragon Slayer vs Ozzinator in the South Pacific

Reyn

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2011 01:00 am
@Irishk,
Irishk wrote:
Who's going next? I think it'll probably be Albert. (That fight w/Sophie)

Well, I suppose strategically anyone other than Brandon, the idiot lose cannon. Laughing

It could well be Albert. Do you think he'll be okay with that? Wink Laughing
Linkat

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2011 09:33 am
@Reyn,
Its going to be Rick aka cowboy - unless he happens to luck out and win immunity. This group hasn't changed from day one.

I was thinking that the dumb move Coch made was to go after the strong players (meaning the tight group) on the other tribe to vote with. He should have gone after the others - Rick/Edna - the ones like him and then try for an Albert or whoever seems more likely to be playing smart as what will get them the million. They are the ones more likely to flip as they have something to gain. The others Coach have less to gain from changing and more to lose. Coch mistake was to go after the one person who has nothing to gain from flipping.

So what the heck is going to happen if Ozzie gets back? Coach gave him his word as a Christian and he gave his word to others in his tribe as a Christian - can't do both.
Irishk

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2011 09:34 am
@Reyn,
Ha, Albert (or whoever goes) will probably be about as eager to forgive as Cochran was when his 'adopted' tribe sent him packing.

In a scene that didn't make the episode, John and Ozzy bonded at RI lol. Ozzy cooked him fish, they went for treemail together, talked about the duel and promised each other their votes if one or the other made it to the end. It was cute.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2011 10:49 am
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:
So what the heck is going to happen if Ozzie gets back? Coach gave him his word as a Christian and he gave his word to others in his tribe as a Christian - can't do both.

This is the same Coach that just backstabbed Cochran at TC? Smoozing up to him and letting him go?

I wouldn't believe anything that comes out of his mouth. And, to make matters worse, make it sound like he's all Christian-like? What a pile of crap he is! At least with Russell Hantz, you knew he was a snake. Coach pretends to be a nice guy, saying stuff like, "You're like Hercules.....etc" Mad
Irishk

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2011 12:16 pm
@Reyn,
Another scenario that could shake up an otherwise ho-hum season: Ozzy returns and makes F3 with Coach and Brandon(?). That would give us a jury of 4 Upolu and 4 Savaii, with Cochran as the wild card (I really don't know how he'd vote at this point, but suspect he'd stay loyal to Coach, er, Zeus).

An Ozzy/Coach/Sophie F3 would be interesting, too, from a voting standpoint.

(Jeff got married last Monday lol) Blogged the episode anyway!
Linkat

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2011 12:59 pm
@Irishk,
Did he get married to one of the former survivor contestants? Can't remember her name, but he was dating her...
Irishk

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2011 01:24 pm
@Linkat,
Julie! We're so far behind, Linkat - I thought he was still with her, too lol. Nope, married some woman I never heard of - she's 40 and he's 50.
Linkat

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2011 03:42 pm
@Irishk,
Well guess I can't keep up with the personal life of Jeff.
Reyn

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2011 11:00 pm
@Irishk,
Irishk wrote:

- she's 40 and he's 50.

He's 50? Looking pretty good for 50!

Way to go Jeff!
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2011 07:14 am
Do you think there was a decision in casting to make a Christian team and a Other team? Obviously the couldn't have Survivor: Christians v. Jews or anything like that but it seems they really are playing the Christian angle. What are the chances of ending up with that many Christians on the same team without a dissenter?

Coach is a coach. He tells his players what they need to hear in order for him to get the performance he needs at that moment. He's pretty good at it.

I don't really care who wins, the whole thing has been so boring. I don't like Ozzy much but the only way the show will get interesting is if he comes back and starts kicking some butt and people scramble to align with him.
Irishk

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2011 10:03 am
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:
Well guess I can't keep up with the personal life of Jeff.

LOL me, either apparently! Until you asked about it, I just figured he married the Survivor girlfriend.

Boomer: Good question. They did that with race one season. Didn't go over well, as I recall. Was Coach this religious in his other seasons? I just remember him being...strange lol. If that was their intention, though, Dawn probably should have been on Coach's team.

Agree with you about Ozzy getting back in. If Edna beats him on RI, though, I hope he spills the beans about Coach promising him that F2 deal Smile That would get them all riled up, too LOL!
Reyn

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2011 07:23 pm
@Irishk,
Irishk wrote:
If Edna beats him on RI, though, I hope he spills the beans about Coach promising him that F2 deal Smile That would get them all riled up, too LOL!

Yes!!! Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch!
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2011 10:55 am
I always thought Coach was kind of a New Age-y Psuedo Buddah-boy. All that Tai Chi on the beach stuff doesn't fit with my image of a Bible-beater.

The Hantz kid is a mental case and his father is no bargain.

Joe(when will this end!!!!)Nation

GO EDNA! Beat Ozzzie~!
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2011 12:05 pm
@boomerang,
I don't think so - the chick on the other team is a big Christian as well - and I doubt eveyone on this tribe is necessarily one - seems they voted out many of them. I question Sophie as well.

Also when they did the race thing - they did make that obvious and that is just as controversial.
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2011 01:49 pm
Preview: Then There Were Five (aka bye-bye, Albert)

Unseen footage:

Cochran (on Ozzy): We can have a good relationship both in and outside of this game.

Cochran: I practiced Co-Chi...Ozzy climbed a tree.

Coach: I knew I'd won after the first move.

Cochran: I stand by my decision.

Sophie: I like Edna. She braids my hair and stuff.

Irish(it ends a week from today)K
Reyn

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2011 04:04 pm
@Irishk,
All good stuff, Kay! Thanks! Very Happy
Irishk

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2011 11:11 am
@Reyn,
You're welcome Smile

Here's a look at Wednesday night's immunity challenge:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xmy26b_s23-episode-14-3_shortfilms#from=embed

I don't think Coach or Rick will have the stamina to get up that wall really fast (or the will, in Coach's case -- he has the hidden immunity idol). Sophie might not have the upper body strength to pull herself up, either, so I'm guessing it will be between Brandon and Albert.

Reyn

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2011 05:26 pm
@Irishk,
Looks like it'll be a good challenge! Who will do good at this?
Irishk

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2011 06:15 pm
@Reyn,
Ozzy would smoke it lol.
Roberta

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2011 06:37 pm
@Irishk,
The puzzle would be a challenge for Brandon.