Dragon Slayer vs Ozzinator in the South Pacific

Reyn

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2011 01:27 pm
@Irishk,
Irishk wrote:
Reyn - if you haven't seen the preview for this week, I'll try to find one you can watch. It's so great -- everyone turning on everyone LOL.

Now that sounds like a great show! I haven't seen the preview. I suppose it's one of those we can't get in Canada.

Granted that some of the scenery was nice, but didn't you find some of the show a bit over-the-top with Coach and Brandon going on and on with the religious dialogue (no offense intended to those that like this kind of thing)?

Do they do this review show because of the holiday? I was just wondering why they do it in every season.
Irishk

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2011 02:30 pm
@Reyn,
You might be able to see it here.

Notice they show Dawn's face while the voiceover is saying "I like seeing Cochran worry", but I think it's Sophie saying that.

And, yes, Coach lost me when he forced everyone to kneel down and pray for the immunity idol. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure prayers are supposed to be for others...and not for personal benefit lol. The only value I can see for them showing us all this is to set us up for when Brandon and/or Coach suffers a massive meltdown. Can't wait.
Reyn

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2011 09:16 pm
@Irishk,
[hits forehead!]

D'oh! I remember now, I did see that preview at the end of the show! Embarrassed

Thanks anyways. For some reason, that link to that clip was badly pixelated. Don't know why.

I agree, next week's show looks good!
Irishk

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2011 10:16 pm
@Reyn,
The bad pixelation -- try changing browsers. The following video was really jerky for me, but played smoothly on another browser.

This is the Survivor staff practicing the challenge for this week - Deja Vu - in a behind-the-scenes look. Round 1 - bag toss. Round 2 - slingshot. LOL @ Jeff jumping over the trash can.

http://imageshack.us/clip/my-videos/52/v8b.mp4/
Reyn

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2011 10:26 pm
@Irishk,
Yeah, not sure about that. I'm using IE 8 and don't usually have any problems at all.

To my way of thinking, if someone's video isn't compatible with Microsoft, and then what the heck?

The one you just posted was fine. I saw it no problem.

Thanks for that!
Irishk

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2011 10:41 pm
@Reyn,
You're welcome Smile Definitely looks like a challenge that's up for grabs -- I could see any one of the castaways winning it (except maybe for Cochran lol).

And it absolutely looks easier than the RI duel that Ozzy, Dawn and Whitney will face. Between the three of them, who would you like to see re-enter the game?
Roberta

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2011 01:53 am
@Irishk,
Dawn.
Irishk

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2011 10:25 am
@Roberta,
She's a tough lady. I could definitely see her beating Whitney...but Ozzy will make her work for it.

I did feel bad for her when she finally admitted that not exposing Cochran's doublecross to the rest of Savaii may have hurt her game. She seems to let her heart rule her head.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2011 11:14 am
@Roberta,
Me too.
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2011 11:04 pm
*Thud*
Roberta

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2011 11:14 pm
@Irishk,
Me too. Didn't expect that. The redemption island challenges seem to have been designed with Ozzy in mind. I wonder whether they'll have a mind game for Corcoran. Or maybe they don't want him to win.

I have a feeling that things will be a little uncomfortable for Corcoran back at the whatever it is where the jury hangs out.
Irishk

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2011 11:53 pm
@Roberta,
Don't you think they need to call in the medics and put Brandon on psych-watch? I think his inner demons are about to consume him!
Green Witch

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2011 10:36 am
I think this is all going to come back to haunt Coach in the near future. Coach has a real problem with taking the creative route to anything. He digs his rut and sticks to it. Rick was a good choice to target, but they really should have swatted Brendon to get him out of everyones way and now he knows they all think he's unstable - which he is.

I don't think the dish challenge was an advantage for Ozzy, at least Dawn proved she had the ability to do center and balance challenges in the past.
I would love to see Cochran whip Ozzy's arrogant little butt, but they will have to come up with something intellectual instead of physical for it to happen. I'm betting they do a mild physical challenge that culminates in a puzzle. I think the producers like the Cochran theme.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2011 10:45 am
@Irishk,
Irishk wrote:

Don't you think they need to call in the medics and put Brandon on psych-watch? I think his inner demons are about to consume him!

All I keep saying to myself is, "Why is he still there?" Shocked

Green Witch wrote:
I don't think the dish challenge was an advantage for Ozzy, at least Dawn proved she had the ability to do center and balance challenges in the past.

I would love to see Cochran whip Ozzy's arrogant little butt, but they will have to come up with something intellectual instead of physical for it to happen. I'm betting they do a mild physical challenge that culminates in a puzzle. I think the producers like the Cochran theme.

Of the 3, I was hoping Dawn was going to win, but, alas, it wasn't to be. Sad

Yes, a win for Cochran on RI would be justice for Ozzy. I so want to see him go down!

What they need is a nice puzzle of some kind, huh?

But, at this point, of all who is left, anyone can win except Ozzy or Coach.

Not too many days left until the finish.

Just as an aside, how will the dynamics all work if Ozzy gets back into the game? How will this change things, you think?
Irishk

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2011 11:14 am
@Reyn,
If Ozzy comes back in he'll be the biggest threat there, because he's definitely got the jury votes to win (his entire tribe lol). I think even Cochran would have to give it to him (plus he's now really bitter towards Upolu). Unless Ozzy wins every immunity challenge on his return, he's a goner.

GW - agree with your take on the RI duel. Dawn has said that she planned for an appearance on Survivor for 10 years and trained every single day for a solid year prior to leaving for Samoa. (She also had some very kind words about Ozzy's generosity and encouragement when she struggled in the wheelbarrow challenge). She proved her ability in the strength challenge where she beat even Albert and the RI duel, to me, was just a test of focus and concentration -- any of the three could have won it.

BTW, the challenges are required by law to be planned out ahead of time, so, once the game starts, the producers couldn't manipulate a duel outcome to favor one contestant over another even if they wanted to. (1960 amendment to the Communications Act of 1934 -- or just watch Quiz Show).

Irishk

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2011 11:37 am
@Reyn,
Reyn wrote:
Of the 3, I was hoping Dawn was going to win, but, alas, it wasn't to be. Sad

She definitely took it the hardest of the ones booted so far. She was even reluctant to shower once she got to 'civilization' because she just didn't want to accept that it was over and I guess keeping her old, stinky bathing suit on made her feel she was still there. The others (and especially Keith & Whitney hahaha) are having a great time, though Smile
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2011 12:24 pm
@Roberta,
What would be really cool is that next episode they will finally have to vote off one of their own. If this person wins at Redemption over Ozzie and Coch, then Ozzie and Coch will go to the ponderosa - will be a very uncomfortable place for Choch...
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2011 12:25 pm
@Irishk,
I thought they did some sort of psych evaluation on these guys prior to being excepted. This guy is a looney.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2011 12:56 pm
@Irishk,
Irishk wrote:

If Ozzy comes back in he'll be the biggest threat there, because he's definitely got the jury votes to win (his entire tribe lol). I think even Cochran would have to give it to him (plus he's now really bitter towards Upolu). Unless Ozzy wins every immunity challenge on his return, he's a goner.

BTW, the challenges are required by law to be planned out ahead of time, so, once the game starts, the producers couldn't manipulate a duel outcome to favor one contestant over another even if they wanted to. (1960 amendment to the Communications Act of 1934 -- or just watch Quiz Show).

Yes, I think you're right. This will make it interesting. What are the odds of winning every immunity challenge?

Interesting, too, what you mention about the contest rules that the challenges must be set ahead of time. You are a fountain of information!

Irishk wrote:
She definitely took it the hardest of the ones booted so far. She was even reluctant to shower once she got to 'civilization' because she just didn't want to accept that it was over ...

Do you have a video for Dawn that I can watch?

Linkat wrote:

What would be really cool is that next episode they will finally have to vote off one of their own.

Yes!!! Looking forward to the little family beating each other up.

I thought it was a real backstab when Coach voted Cochran off at the TC. He sure is full of it!
Irishk

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2011 03:11 pm
@Reyn,
I don't think the odds are in his favor, except for the fact that we're nearing the end, so he wouldn't actually have to win that many immunity challenges once he re-enters (assuming he beats Cochran). Didn't Rob win 2 or 3 of the last 4 challenges? I remember that one where he almost had a heart attack lol. Ozzy is eating well at RI and in better shape, so I guess we shouldn't count him out entirely. Last episode is Dec. 18.

Only CBS videos of Dawn & Whitney arriving at the Ponderosa, so far. If I find some you can watch, I'll post them. They're both funny and touching Smile and even though it was Ozzy that caused them to be there by beating them in the duels, they're all pulling for him to win.

Linkat: It looks, from the preview, that they wanted Edna out next, but then Coach says Brandon has to go. I'm not sure if that means Edna won immunity (shock) or Brandon goes off the deep end. Just hope it's not Sophie or Princess(haha)Albert getting booted. What do you think?