Dragon Slayer vs Ozzinator in the South Pacific

Linkat

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2011 03:47 pm
@Irishk,
Yes the princess remark was great. You never know- these can change, but then again the network loves to throw in a controversy so you think otherwise.

My husband said this was one of the worst seasons. He keeps getting angry when the predicable happens.
Green Witch

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2011 04:02 pm
@Linkat,
I agree with your husband. No real strategy, just blind devotion to a dull plan.
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2011 04:45 pm
@Linkat,
Did he think Cochran getting booted last night was predictable? I knew Upolu would use and abuse him as soon as he flipped, but I also thought they might want to get rid of some of the bigger threats (challenge winners) first and let him stay a little longer. I think that's what Cochran was counting on, too lol. Coach could've thrown his vote Rick's way and Cochran would have still gone to RI.
Reyn

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2011 06:31 pm
@Irishk,
Irishk wrote:
... Ozzy is eating well at RI and in better shape, so I guess we shouldn't count him out entirely. Last episode is Dec. 18.

Yes ... and he takes every opportunity on this every time they interview him, and as to how a wonderful fisherman he is, blah, blah, blah! Mad

Quote:
Only CBS videos of Dawn & Whitney arriving at the Ponderosa, so far. If I find some you can watch, I'll post them.

Excellent, thanks!

Quote:
Just hope it's not Sophie or Princess(haha)Albert getting booted. What do you think?

I'm not so enamoured with Albert as you are. Wink I found him really annoying with doing nothing around camp. Didn't we have this scenario recently in past seasons where contestants are reserving their strength for challenges, etc? Mad

Irishk wrote:

Did he think Cochran getting booted last night was predictable?

I didn't believe 100% that he was going to be voted out, but, hey, this is Survivor, and backstabbing is part of the game.

I really think Cochran has had the short end of the stick, just because he is Cochran, and not as dynamic as some of the other players.

They would never have given Ozzy a hard time, and he was just as coniving when he got his idol, etc, and with his scheming.
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2011 10:11 pm
Well, Albert's tiara is even tarnishing a little for me. I like that he would rather strategize than wash clothes (it IS Survivor lol) but his plans always seem to fall through. I suspect deceptive editing. Not rooting for an Ozzy win either -- that only leaves Sophie and Rick lol.

From our friend in Canada - enjoy:

Dawn & Whitney - Ponderosa Part 1

Dawn & Whitney - Ponderosa Part 2

Dawn & Whitney - Ponderosa Part 3
Reyn

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2011 10:34 pm
@Irishk,
Thanks so much for those links! Both my wife and I watched them.

What has become obvious is that Whitney has no class; dumping a boyfriend at home, as she was going on with Keith. What a vain bag! Mad

Jim and Keith still remain bitter. Give it a break guys!

Dawn is okay. I don't mind her.

I don't envy Cochran if he ends up at Ponderosa soon. They'll probably still treat him like crap. That's one video I'll really want to see (hint, hint!)

As of now, we're probably rooting for Sophie, although I had a few issues with her, too. She's the best of who's left.

Thanks again, K, from both of us! Very Happy
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2011 10:44 pm
I'm hoping he uploads all the secret scenes and the 'Day After' scenes so you can see them, as well. They're very telling of life on the island. In one of the secret scenes, the Te Tuna tribe is running out of coconuts and fish is scarce, so Coach issues an order limiting each person to 2 coconuts per day lol. Whitney and Dawn go off on a coconut search by themselves, find a bunch, eat as many as they can and hide the rest. They know they're getting booted, so consequences (and Coach) be damned LOL!
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2011 10:53 am
@Irishk,
Not sure - I think he was more upset and wanted him to stay longer. I just find it funny how it upsets him.
Irishk

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2011 11:49 am
@Linkat,
Ahhh..ok. I just figured Cochran-fans (who saw his alliance switch as a good move strategy-wise) would be shocked that Upolu turned on him so fast. I'm neutral on him (now), but I did laugh when he told Jeff, "It was made clear that I'm 7th", LOL. Aw.
Linkat

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2011 11:56 am
@Irishk,
I am amazed at some people's reaction to flipping. I'm especially amazed at the venom of Cochrain previous tribe reactions to his flipping. I think maybe because they were so damn cocky themselves - thinking they had Cochrain in their back pocket even though they treated him like a second class citizen. Maybe they are a bit mad at themselves for being fooled by some one they thought they were all better than.
Irishk

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2011 01:47 pm
@Linkat,
Yep, and their fatal flaw was voting out Elyse instead of John, so they have only themselves to blame for what followed.

Still, it would be a hoot if he prevails at RI. Ozzy's reputation as the best competitor in Survivor history would be kaput!
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2011 02:07 pm
@Linkat,
Yes, I agree 100%. And, with the links that K posted, they are still bitter!

Irishk wrote:

Still, it would be a hoot if he prevails at RI. Ozzy's reputation as the best competitor in Survivor history would be kaput!

Yup, I want a front row seat for that occasion!

But, Ozzy seems to have luck on his side, so not holding my breath.
Reyn

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2011 12:22 am
@Reyn,
Okay, no real surprises from tonight's episode.

I had expected Ozzy to win (unfortunately), but it was a real close race!!! Cochran was just a tiny bit behind Ozzy, and his ball went through the hole.

It's official. Coach, to me, is the scummiest, two-faced, backstabbing player ever on Survivor. The Edna debacle just the latest evidence of this. Don't you just love the stupid tribe motto?

I think the plan was to keep Brandon in the top 3, because they know he won't get any jury votes.

The preview for next week looks good. Did it look to you that Edna may possibly win the next RI duel? Wouldn't it be a hoot for her to get back into the game?

----

Kay, can you see if you can find any video for Cochran at the Ponderosa?
Green Witch

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2011 06:44 am
The only good part was when Brendon's self-righteous Daddy realized his son might not bring home the million dollars (that Jesus obviously wants them to win) and went into begging mode. Everything else was a predictable yawn.
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2011 09:12 am
@Reyn,
Canadian guy hasn't uploaded yet, but found it at DailyMotion. Parts 1, 2 and 3 are combined for one longer video...

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xmu9hn_ponderosa-john_shortfilms?start=4#from=embed
Roberta

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2011 09:49 am
The only almost interesting thing was when Cochran almost won the challenge. Otherwise, I'm bored, bored, bored. Coach is not an interesting villain. The other people are not interesting either. On the whole, I say zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2011 02:55 pm
@Irishk,
Irishk wrote:

Canadian guy hasn't uploaded yet, but found it at DailyMotion. Parts 1, 2 and 3 are combined for one longer video...

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xmu9hn_ponderosa-john_shortfilms?start=4#from=embed

Thanks very much for this, Kay!

Things for Cochran, at Ponderosa, pretty much went as I thought it would, and was verified in your video link.

All I can say about the 4 people that were already there is, "Bloody well grow up!"

Statements to Cochran like, "You cost us the game.", etc., and generally being rude.

In each one of these Ponderosa videos, new ex-players are always greeted by the existing ones. Cochran was totally snubbed and shunned.

Look at where he sits at the table, and where the 4 sit.

Let's see: Those 4 were allowed to play the game they wanted to play, treat Cochran like a second class player, and then when he makes a move to save himself, he becomes an outcast? And they still carry on their crappy behaviour on Ponderosa? That's beyond being immature and rude. Mad Mad Mad

I hope next week, Edna beats Ozzy in the RI duel.
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2011 03:33 pm
The preview suggests an upset at next week's RI duel. That probably means Ozzy will win again lol.

So, if Ozzy makes it back in and Coach keeps his F3 promise to him, for whom do you think Cochran will vote? Coach or Ozzy? Keep in mind that John did compare Upolu to the Manson Family lol.
Reyn

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2011 05:10 pm
@Irishk,
Irishk wrote:

The preview suggests an upset at next week's RI duel. That probably means Ozzy will win again lol.

So, if Ozzy makes it back in and Coach keeps his F3 promise to him, for whom do you think Cochran will vote? Coach or Ozzy? Keep in mind that John did compare Upolu to the Manson Family lol.

That's not the impression I got from the RI clip. It didn't look like a possible win for Edna to you?

My gut, at this point, is that Cochran will not vote for Coach. I think Coach's backstab hurt him more than it did from the other tribe. It was more personal.

-----

About the Ponderosa clip, what do you take away from it, Kay? How do you feel about this whole situation?
Irishk

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2011 08:49 pm
@Reyn,
Yes! The editing makes it look like Edna is way ahead -- that's why I think it's gotta be a lock for Ozzy! Unless it's reverse psychology and they're showing us her winning because she really does win! Laughing

On the Ponderosa drama -- again, I think a lot of that could be editing. They all seemed fine by the end of that first dinner, though. Even Cochran said the tensions had eased and he and Jim were laughing over his giving up a sure F3 spot lol! And Dawn said she would forgive him.......................eventually LOL!

He reminds me a little of Woody Allen....even his posture.

Who's going next? I think it'll probably be Albert. (That fight w/Sophie)