Dragon Slayer vs Ozzinator in the South Pacific

Irishk

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2011 11:45 am
@Reyn,
It always amazes me how quickly they can let go of the game once they reach the Ponderosa. Jim will feel better once Dawn and Whitney (and possibly Ozzy and Cochran) join them Smile
Reyn

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2011 01:17 pm
@Irishk,
Yeah, I suspose, but he was still bitching about losing the chance at the million dollars.

I never saw him as a contender, quite frankly.

This Rick, the cowboy dude, sure has kept a low profile, or has appeared to have done so.
Green Witch

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2011 07:04 am
@Reyn,
Reyn wrote:

This Rick, the cowboy dude, sure has kept a low profile, or has appeared to have done so.

Everytime he pops on the screen I think "who is that?". I think it's probably part editing and part he isn't really making any moves or decisions worth highlighting. He's a cult follower, at least for now.
Linkat

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2011 10:46 am
@Green Witch,
And he doesn't do anything great at challenages or really bad either so he is a middlerer.
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2011 07:08 pm
@Reyn,
Reyn wrote:
I never saw him as a contender, quite frankly.

Depends on your scoring system. I'd have given him strategy points for busting up the Ozzy/Elyse alliance (with Keith), but subtracted a few for him being such a loudmouth lol.
Reyn

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2011 08:44 pm
@Irishk,
I'm not sure if he has a strategy or not.

Maybe he's just winging it? Confused Laughing
Irishk

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2011 05:30 pm
@Reyn,
He only has one job left -- to cast his vote at the finale (hoping it's for Albert or Sophie!) SmileSmileSmile

Who do you see, so far, as having the best game strategy?
Linkat

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2011 07:01 pm
@Irishk,
tough -on the surface I'd say Albert, Sophie with maybe coach - simply because coach is the only other one actually doing strategy.
Irishk

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2011 10:38 pm
@Linkat,
That's how I see it, too, although I wish we could see more of their interactions. I guess they need to edit to keep us in suspense for the moment. This is my favorite part of the game, though -- paranoia starts in, they begin to turn on each other and eat their own lol. The front runners will make promises they can't keep and will have to do their back stabbing while still currying crucial jury votes (Boston Rob was great at that). Critical challenges will have to be won without painting a target on their backs (Sophie may have already done that with her two wins in a row).

I think Coach has F3 or F4 deals with every single castaway at this point. Hilarious! OMG, hearts will be broken -- Brandon will have a melt down lol!

Cannibalism FTW!
Linkat

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2011 11:01 am
@Irishk,
tonight should be good - looks like ozzie wins the challenges
Roberta

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2011 11:38 am
@Linkat,
I don't think tonight is a new episode. It's being hawked as season highlights.
Linkat

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2011 11:49 am
@Roberta,
Is it? Last night I saw a commercial and they said it was for tonight.
Linkat

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2011 11:51 am
@Linkat,
They mis-led

"Never-before-seen moments give an inside look into the castaways and their decisions made during the game so far. "

Probably the ozzie thing - agreement between coach and ozzie is not the situation then - but a replay of never before seens.
Irishk

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2011 12:01 pm
@Linkat,
Good. Maybe we'll find out why Albert and Sophie's plan (twice) to break up the Coach/Edna cozyness was scratched. Since Sophie has said she'll do anything to further herself in the game, I'm suspecting she just talked him out of it.

A preview I saw insinuated a secret F2 deal between Coach and Ozzy...hahaha, how bizarre. I don't buy it.
Reyn

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2011 12:04 pm
@Irishk,
Hmm, interesting.

Why is tonight's episode not a new one???
Irishk

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2011 12:08 pm
@Reyn,
Hi, Reyn!!! It's a recap they always do during Thanksgiving week in the Fall season of Survivor. Supposedly 'unseen' footage -- so, I'm hoping we'll gain a little more insight into the strategies, real/fake alliances, and just generally their frame of mind at this point in the game. We haven't seen much of that, so far.
Reyn

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2011 08:16 pm
@Irishk,
Oh, okay. It seems like a bit of fill though? Perhaps the show must run a certain number of weeks?

Anyways, let's see what new stuff we learn from tonight. Wink
Reyn

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2011 08:46 am
@Reyn,
Well, after seeing last night's show, I have to say that I was disappointed, and I'm a big fan of the show.

I was quite bored. Too much religion, for sure, and I didn't really learn anything new. It's as I suspected, just a lot of fill. This edited out stuff was edited for a reason.

It showed Ozzy to be even more arrogant than I already figured. Coach to be nutty, etc.

What did you think of it?
Reyn

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2011 09:58 am
@Reyn,
Nobody watched? Shocked
Irishk

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2011 10:48 am
@Reyn,
I liked it! Rick spoke! lol for all of 5 seconds. The chicken and rooster scenes with Cochran and Brandon were funny. More insight on just how unstable Brandon is (that conversation between Rick and Edna and then she goes to Coach with her concerns). He's going to crash and burn eventually. And Cochran saying, "I hope my fate isn't the same as that rooster's" LOL. (Does he really think Coach and ALL of Upolu aren't playing him like a fiddle???) He makes me sad.

LOVED the cinematography! That part of Samoa is breathtaking -- loved the beach and underwater scenes.

Keith & Whitney! I laughed, but I'm thinking Cochran embellished just a bit lol.

Reyn - if you haven't seen the preview for this week, I'll try to find one you can watch. It's so great -- everyone turning on everyone LOL. Albert and Rick (?) get into it, Brandon's finally figuring out he's been lied to by Coach (?), Sophie bucks the system and Coach is OUTRAGED someone else wants to play the game (?).

Also showed the RI battle -- looks like balancing plates on a stick, so that win is definitely up for grabs (we know Dawn and Whitney have good balance). Then again, Ozzy is famous for his focus when it comes to win or die!

WHO is getting booted this week???