Elin Nordegren claims Victim Status

engineer

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2010 09:28 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

And she deserve a 100 millions for what reason?

She was part of his image and played that role well. Every endorsement he received was in part based on that image. Receiving 1/10th of that income sounds reasonable from a business standpoint if you can't bring yourself to accept a community property point of view.
panzade

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2010 09:40 am
@spendius,
No need to get all bowed-up mister. Just put a IMO in front of my thoughts and your blood pressure won't rise as much.

A statement such as
Quote:
In your circle it looks like a true statement such as "feminism is a media thing"
is laughably absurd since the rise of feminism would have occurred even without the media.

GBS wasn't half as clever as you think he was:
Quote:
Bernard Shaw said that if women were given the vote we would all end up talking about ovaries.

Quote:
Do you think wives should have a monopoly over their husband's needs no matter what?

No, but it seems you believe husbands should have a monopoly on their wives needs...no matter what.

Your last two sentences are so silly I won't even quote them, lest Mame, Firefly, and Arella get on a flight and pummel you at your favorite pub.

0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2010 09:46 am
@engineer,
He could had married any of a million women who could had provided the same benefits that Elin did.

She did not bring anything all that outstanding to the table to be rewarded with a 100 millions dollars in my opinion.

He was the one who skills and hard work earn the money and the endorsements contracts.

Thirty millions dollars seem to be more the fair in this case.

spendius

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2010 09:53 am
@Mame,
There are such things as mental attributes Mamie. I think Freud defined neurotic as when mental attitudes overpower genetic determinants. It was what he meant by saying that civilisation is a sickness. Reich called it character armour.

A lot of well brought up ladies have been given a horror of the thought of gold-digging, for what it implies presumably, and will deny gold-digging themselves until they are blue in the face.

I don't suppose you ever saw the Footballer's Wives series. It was very popular but was taken off air after a few weeks with some paltry excuse. We all knew the real reason. Joan Collins appeared in it but she wasn't very good.

Anthony M Ludovici, in his book Woman: A Vindication, makes the point clearly enough. On the page headed "Vital Vulgarity" there is this in discussing the struggling artist, the struggling scientist and the penniless politician--

Quote:
Their spiritual gifts count as nothing, and since woman has no flair for greatness, and cannot with certainty pick out the great man before the world has applauded him to the echo, it is only when they have become a material success that the female of their own or a superior station in life will look at him.

Now this is obviously a very useful and very vital instinct in women. From the standpoint of the species nothing could be more laudable than this anxious preoccupation with the future of the offspring. But it amounts to this, that by their nature women can have no primary concern about those things that bear the hallmark of cultivation, of refinement and of greatness, and that, therefore, they are essentially vulgar.

His italics.

That's why I prefer vulgar women. I would need to be as phoney as a six dollar bill to have a conversation with a lady who had not read that book. Chickenshit women daren't read it.

Ludovici traces the obsession with cash (see ads on TV and in newspapers) to the ascendency of women in western culture. I would go further. It will see us off which he only hints at.

He tells of his time when he was private secretary to Auguste Rodin. Rodin complained to him that when he was making 20 grand a year, a very great deal in those days, women flocked to his studio and his house but that when he was poor (but virile) in his grubby studio in La Rue des Fourneaux they left him in peace.

Quote:
That's a very shallow, narrow , 2-dimensional, limited view of women.

It is not. It is a scientific, intellectual appraisal of the facts. That's why I'm opposed to the teaching of evolution to unformed minds.

Henry Miller famously said "What I want now is a woman without the slightest spark of decency."

0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2010 10:01 am
@BillRM,
How do you know "what she brought to the table"? Why do you care? As usual, you argue ad nauseum on topics that are conjecture and have no definitive answers.

The simple fact that you consider a woman to have won or bested a man so irritates you that you don't know when to stop.

Did you get stuck with a settlement that makes you feel like a victim?
BillRM

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2010 10:08 am
@Intrepid,
Oh a petty face and a nice smile for the TV cameras and what else as far as helping his career do you think she was able to provide him?

spendius

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2010 10:12 am
@Intrepid,
I consider Elin's performance top class. She parleyed what millions of women have for heap big dollars. Well done.

Have you seen that bit of film which shows Tiger handing the little lad to Erin so he can do an interview or receive the cup and the cheque? The kid reaches back to his dad and Elin hands him over. That's a better "no spin" zone than Bill O'Reilley's.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2010 10:17 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Oh a petty face and a nice smile for the TV cameras and what else as far as helping his career do you think she was able to provide him?

It was good enough for him. I don't see why you should have a problem with it.
BillRM

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2010 10:24 am
@Intrepid,
Quote:
It was good enough for him. I don't see why you should have a problem with it.

I had zero problems with it and the deal that they agree to upfront that if she walk she would get thirty millions either.

0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2010 10:28 am
@spendius,
Dude, however distinguished your accent might in fact make you sound, your written diction is, I think, unfortunately evocative of some kind of diabolical cartoon alien.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:fVI5sOuzBLqq6M:http://www.accrualworldforaccountants.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/alien.gif

Add to that the fact that Miller and Shaw, two long-dead male authors, one of whom was a big supporter of eugenics (ha ha!), inform your ideas on feminism, and we've got some hilarious reading on A2K this morning.
Arella Mae

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2010 11:34 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

He could had married any of a million women who could had provided the same benefits that Elin did.

She did not bring anything all that outstanding to the table to be rewarded with a 100 millions dollars in my opinion.

He was the one who skills and hard work earn the money and the endorsements contracts.

Thirty millions dollars seem to be more the fair in this case.

It is none of your business what she brought to the table and it is definitely none of your business what it is worth. You don't know everything that went on inside that marriage and neither does anyone else. Tiger obviously was okay with the settlement. He certainly has enough money to fight it if he wanted to. As long as HE is the one paying because he AGREED to the settlement, I'd say what you think she deserves means pretty much SPIT.
mysteryman

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2010 11:34 am
I have read this whole thread, and there is one thing that jumps out at me.

At the beginning of this topic, there were several women expressing the opinion that Tiger deserved what he got, that " hurray" for Elin if she did attack Tiger with a golf club.

So, lets reverse the situation... If she was justified for attacking him with a golf club, would he have been justified to attack her with a golf club if she had been the one cheating?
BillRM

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2010 11:42 am
@Arella Mae,
Quote:
I'd say what you think she deserves means pretty much SPIT.

True but it would mean a short thread. Wink
Gargamel

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2010 11:43 am
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:
So, lets reverse the situation... If she was justified for attacking him with a golf club, would he have been justified to attack her with a golf club if she had been the one cheating?

If she regularly injected herself with testosterone, maintained an intense weight training regimen, were shielded by her SUV's steel and glass, and lived in a culture where women were rarely the victims of domestic violence because of their general phsyical advantage over men, then yes, absolutlely.
Arella Mae

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2010 11:44 am
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

I have read this whole thread, and there is one thing that jumps out at me.

At the beginning of this topic, there were several women expressing the opinion that Tiger deserved what he got, that " hurray" for Elin if she did attack Tiger with a golf club.

No. Violence is never the answer.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2010 11:44 am
@mysteryman,
Quote:
If she was justified for attacking him with a golf club, would he have been justified to attack her with a golf club if she had been the one cheating?

I already posted the same comment and the women here are not going to address that issue as we do have a double standards that they for some reason do not wish to defend.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2010 11:45 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:
I'd say what you think she deserves means pretty much SPIT.

True but it would mean a short thread. Wink
I see. So you spew anti-women rehetoric for your own entertainment, do you? No wonder I don't care to read most of what you post.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2010 11:46 am
@Gargamel,
Quote:
If she regularly injected herself with testosterone, maintained an intense weight training regimen, were shielded by her SUV's steel and glass, and lived in a culture where women were rarely the victims of domestic violence because of their general phsyical advantage over men, then yes, absolutlely.

And what the hell does any of that have to do with the right to attack another human being of any sex with a deadly weapon?
Intrepid

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2010 11:47 am
@BillRM,
You consider attacking a right?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2010 11:48 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:

And what the hell does any of that have to do with the right to attack another human being of any sex with a deadly weapon?
About as much as yours and hawkeye's posts about false rape in the Rape thread, but at least Gargamel's humanity and sense of humor show.