Elin Nordegren claims Victim Status

BillRM

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2010 02:53 am
@Pemerson,
Quote:
Least of all, isn't it the court's decision concerning just how much money she will receive from the divorce?

Not with a pre-nup in force.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2010 02:55 am
@Miller,
Quote:
Good for her, if she did.

So a man who find out that his wife is cheating should be free to beat the hell out of her?
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2010 02:59 am
@Mame,
Quote:
Why should she STFU just because she got a settlement? And what's it to you and Hawk, anyway? The courts decided her settlement, not her, so why rail against her?

WRONG with a legal pre-nup the courts have very little leeway as that is the whole idea of a pre-nup.

She would not had gotten a dime over the pre-nup without signing a non-disclosure agree if I had been him.
BillRM

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2010 03:01 am
@Arella Mae,
Quote:
I say she has every right so I'm with you about why should she shut up.

Seventy millions over what had been reported as what the pre-nup call for should be more then enough reason to shut up.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2010 06:38 am
@BillRM,
You don't actually know what the pre-nup said compared to what she allegedly got in the settlement. From what I've read, they are two different amounts, not to mention any other conditions.

Some pre-nups have been modified or thrown out, depending on the situation. It's like when you sign a waiver, it doesn't mean that you have no legal recourse. You do. Waivers are not inviolate, and neither are pre-nups.
Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2010 07:36 am
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:

She might have known and she might not have known. The fact that she divorced him when she says she found out says something to me. No matter what, no woman deserves to be treated like that and for that matter, no man would deserve a woman to do that to him either.

When you really love someone and you lose them or are betrayed by them, money means nothing when it comes to healing a broken heart.

There are many women who are in complete denial about the infidelities of their husbands. Either they don't know, or they sort of know, but don't want to accept the truth. It is too hurtful.

I don't know the woman, so I really can't say whether she was a gold digging conniver or not. But she did marry this rich and famous man, and bore his children. IMO she is entitled to raise their kids in the style to which they have been accustomed.

One they are grown, I don't think that she needs to be supported for the rest of her life. A reasonable settlement to help her get on her feet would have been sufficient.

0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2010 08:49 am
@Mame,
Quote:
Some pre-nups have been modified or thrown out, depending on the situation. It's like when you sign a waiver, it doesn't mean that you have no legal recourse. You do. Waivers are not inviolate, and neither are pre-nups.
as I recall it was reported that Tiger volunteered to throw the pre-nup out, back when he was trying to pay her off so that she would not do the divorce. The deal was rip the pre-nup up and pay her a bunch of cash and she would not do divorce for X number of years. They both agreed. Then she changed her mind, but once he had already volunteered to void the pre-nup he was always going to have trouble making it stick.

Tiger ended up getting nothing out of that deal, and paid big I am sure in the end when he made it impossible to get the original deal back. All it cost Elin was a few months of people thinking she was a paid whore. She has already fixed that problem, and taken a huge payday in reward for putting up with that. She is now Elin the Saint.
Mame

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2010 09:11 am
@hawkeye10,
I don't think she's a saint; she's just a human being. None of us know who they really are or why they married each other or what else occurred during their time together, so these conversations are pointless, with regards to them... they just serve as a vehicle for people to air their views.

As for Tiger getting nothing out of it and paying big money, uh, so what? First of all, I'm sure he didn't pay her all that he had, and he still has huge earning potential. He agreed to it, so he might be okay with it. What's $750 million if you have $1 billion? Maybe it's most of it, but he still isn't poor.

Secondly, he was the one who committed infidelity, not once, not twice, but multiple times. What he's getting out of the divorce now is that he can freely indulge in his sexual escapades without any moral finger-pointing. So, looks like it's a win-win situation to me.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2010 09:33 am
@hawkeye10,
I doubt that many other than you care. Of course, your agenda is different than that of most people. I don't think Tiger is hurting. This wouldn't even be discussion if he had kept his pants zipped.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2010 09:51 am
My thoughts:

First, Nordegren is getting $100 million, not $750 million. That is only important it that is shows she is getting a small percentage of Wood's worth, not the lion's share.

Second: She is a victim to the same extent that any wife is the victim of an affair. That she is a celebrity wife doesn't really matter. You can speculate that she was a gold digger, etc. but she had her own career and her own money, so I don't see it. But she is also a victim of the press and the public. It's bad enough finding out your husband is cheating, but to have the world speculate and comment on it ad nauseum is much worse.

Third: She has the right to get her version of events out there. People are making nasty comments (like some of those on this thread) about how much she knew, why she married him, what were her motives in the divorce, etc. She has the right to rebut those claims. Of course, some won't believe her and others will say she'd be better off saying nothing, but many of use would feel the need to challenge pulic derogatory comments made about us in an equally public manner.
Arella Mae

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2010 12:05 pm
@engineer,
Well said!
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2010 12:38 pm
@Mame,
Quote:

Prenups normally are damn solid and it would had been one hell of a uphill fight to get it thrown out as many women and a few men had found out.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2010 12:44 pm
@engineer,
Quote:
First, Nordegren is getting $100 million, not $750 million. That is only important it that is shows she is getting a small percentage of Wood's worth, not the lion's share.

And she deserve a 100 millions for what reason?

Florida by the way is not even a community property state at least it was not when I got divorce.

If I had been him I would had taken the PR hit and file for a divorce myself and any extra money over the pre-nup would had been on my terms not hers.

Those terms sure the hell would not had allow her to go on national TV.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2010 01:14 pm
@engineer,
Quote:
First, Nordegren is getting $100 million, not $750 million.
that is a widely reported estimate, but in truth no one knows. The documents are sealed, and for the most part no one is talking. The closest to fact that I found was a report that Elin's lawyers assured someone that it was well north of that number.

Quote:
but she had her own career and her own money,
What career and what money? She did a very small amount of modeling, worked in retail and as a nanny, all for a very small amount of money. She had nothing when she hooked up with Tiger
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2010 01:20 pm
From what I can tell, this thread is mostly about Hawkeye's problems relating to women, and very little about the actual situation in question.

Cycloptichorn
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2010 01:41 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Quote:
From what I can tell, this thread is mostly about Hawkeye's problems relating to women
he says after I have complimented Elin of couple of times on her abilites.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2010 01:41 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
From what I can tell, this thread is mostly about Hawkeye's problems relating to women

Right, right Laughing

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2010 02:10 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:

Oh, sure
Quote:
What career and what money? She did a very small amount of modeling, worked in retail and as a nanny, all for a very small amount of money. She had nothing when she hooked up with Tiger
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2010 02:19 pm
@Intrepid,
Quote:
Oh, sure
Getting made though marriage is very traditional and very respectable women's work. What I object to is her playing the game so well and then trying to sell herself as a victim.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2010 03:20 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
Oh, sure
Getting made though marriage is very traditional and very respectable women's work. What I object to is her playing the game so well and then trying to sell herself as a victim.

I think what you are really objecting to is an inadequacy of some sort you feel inside. And you think that by trashing various women on online discussion boards, you can combat those feelings.

Is it working?

Cycloptichorn