Elin Nordegren claims Victim Status

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2010 03:37 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Quote:
And you think that by trashing various women on online discussion boards, you can combat those feelings.
I think I am a equal opportunity trasher of people I dont approve of. In this case I have trashed Tiger plenty, and I have straight up said that I dont have any sympathy for either of them. Your theory is unsupported by the facts.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2010 03:39 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
And you think that by trashing various women on online discussion boards, you can combat those feelings.
I think I am a equal opportunity trasher of people I dont approve of. In this case I have trashed Tiger plenty, and I have straight up said that I dont have any sympathy for either of them. Your theory is unsupported by the facts.

It's not just about this thread, but your ongoing and constant campaign against women here on A2K. Which you are well aware of.

Cycloptichorn
Intrepid

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2010 04:00 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Apparently, not.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2010 04:01 pm
@Intrepid,
Intrepid wrote:

Apparently, not.

Yeah he is. He just doesn't like to discuss the fact that the majority of the bile he spews is generated entirely from within, and actually has very little to do with the person he is talking to or about.

Cycloptichorn
Intrepid

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2010 04:02 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
He can fool himself, but he cannot fool us. Wink
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2010 04:04 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Quote:
It's not just about this thread, but your ongoing and constant campaign against women here on A2K. Which you are well aware of.
Against feminist ideology sure, but I dont think that feminism represents most women. I dont find that have a problem with women either in real life or at a2k, though obviously a2k being a fairly liberal board my views are not all that popular. In real life people know that I am surrounded by strong women and that I have a history of supporting women, so the issue of allegations such as yours rarely comes up. It continues to amaze me the number of people at a2k who seem to go on the assumption that other a2k members do not have a real life, do not have enough life experience to know which end is up. You guys think that you can throw out some unfounded allegation and have it be bought, and get offended when it is not.

On the other hand, your problem might be only your youth, you assume that everyone has as shallow a life experience as you most likely do. Idiot Bill is old enough to know better, with him it is clear that deeper problems are going on.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2010 04:09 pm
@hawkeye10,
You can try and brush it off all you want, Hawk, but I'm pretty sure that I got your number. Dead on. Your inadequacies towards women in general are the most likely source of your vehemence towards them on A2K.

I find that people are MORE truthful online then they are in real life; don't you?

Cycloptichorn
spendius

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2010 04:55 pm
Most women I know don't buy feminism. It's a media thing. It's talking about ovaries rather putting them to work to avoid swotting.
Arella Mae

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2010 05:09 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

From what I can tell, this thread is mostly about Hawkeye's problems relating to women, and very little about the actual situation in question.

Cycloptichorn
As it is with most threads he posts on.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2010 05:14 pm
@spendius,
Spendi, spendi, spendi... you're missing out on a wonderful opportunity to debate these things when I come over, the dates of which are now fixed. Are you sure you don't want to reconsider? Hmmm, perhaps you're too chickenshit. Think about it, my good man.
spendius

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2010 05:18 pm
@Mame,
I am not in the least chickenshit Mamie. It's just that I don't want you doing a 400 mile trip and as soon as you say something in an American accent I start tittering uncontrollably and there's nothing doing anything with me once I start with that.
Rockhead

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2010 05:36 pm
@spendius,
she's canajun, eh...

like beth, but less dancey.
Intrepid

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2010 06:25 pm
@Rockhead,
...and me. But much prettier.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2010 06:25 pm
@Rockhead,
Ah, we all sound like North Americans to them; no differentiation between the accents.
panzade

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2010 01:13 am
@spendius,
Quote:
Most women I know don't buy feminism

Doesn't say much about your circle of friends

Quote:
It's a media thing.

Hardly

Quote:
It's talking about ovaries rather putting them to work to avoid swotting.

Would somebody translate?

Elin put her ovaries to work; it didn't get her equal status. She didn't deserve what she got.

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2010 02:09 am
@spendius,
Quote:
Most women I know don't buy feminism.

I think this is why:

Quote:
In truth, feminists don’t want “feminist” to be accepted as a mainstream position supported by any reasonable person—and they certainly don’t want it to be accepted by a rogue conservative who does not support abortion rights or contraceptive access for rape victims. Feminists were misguided when they criticized Palin for professing to align with a movement she so clearly did not support. They should have been shaking their heads that the word “feminist” had become so safe that even a Republican vice presidential candidate is comfortable invoking it in a televised interview. The term “feminist” has resisted a lasting definition in order to maintain its radical attitude. That way, when feminist agenda items are accomplished—voting rights, contraception access, pay equity—they can be deposited into the mainstream as feminists move on to newer, more controversial issues. The threatening connotation of “feminist” works to keep the movement relevant and box out the traditionalists
http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/blogs/sexist/2009/01/22/the-feminist-mystique-how-election-2008-killed-a-notorious-word/

It never ends, there is always something new to fight about, some new grievance to claim. I think most women and men are over it.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2010 02:18 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Quote:
I find that people are MORE truthful online then they are in real life; don't you?
Very few people do I know both online and in real life. Those that I have generally are equally honest in both, but show a different part of themselves online. The real is more inclusive, and the better basis for forming an opinion about a person.

I would think that if people were more truthful online science would have studied the issue...do you have any evidence? I hear a lot of complaints about people being fake online, especially in social networking sites, so I would be surprised if it were true.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2010 04:25 am
@panzade,
Quote:
Doesn't say much about your circle of friends.

That remark says plenty about you. What exactly do you think it is about my circle of friends that is any different from what could be said about your circle of friends? In your circle it looks like a true statement such as "feminism is a media thing" can be satisfyingly contradicted by snootily blurting "hardly". Which is both stupid, snobbish and aggressive.

I'm sorry for the typo. The sentence should have been--It's talking about ovaries rather than putting them to work to avoid swotting. Bernard Shaw said that if women were given the vote we would all end up talking about ovaries. And we have done.

Quote:
Elin put her ovaries to work; it didn't get her equal status. She didn't deserve what she got.

I've dealt with that point. I don't do people as abstract entities as it seems they do in your circles for theoretical self-justification purposes. What do you know about the couple's private life? Elin has been permitted to claim victim status by an honourable gent.

Do you think wives should have a monopoly over their husband's needs no matter what? The only women who are not gold-diggers are those who haven't got the attributes for it. Evolution theory justifies gold digging. And men spreading their genetic material over as wide a field as possible.

spendius

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2010 05:10 am
@Mame,
Quote:
Ah, we all sound like North Americans to them; no differentiation between the accents.

There's something odd about American accents. They seem to cause the utmost stupidities to sound clever and authoritative. It's a problem on A2K. The accent is gone and the stupidities come over naked and unashamed. I rather admire it actually but it does get me tittering. It can make going for a pizza sound like a dramatic and important event. But, to be serious for a moment, it can create the illusion that there are no gumps in the Yooonahted Staaaaaaates of Aaaaamereeeka. We have to get by without such comforts.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2010 08:19 am
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

The only women who are not gold-diggers are those who haven't got the attributes for it.

Wow, Spendi. I can't believe you said/believe that. I'm disappointed. That's a very shallow, narrow , 2-dimensional, limited view of women.

I, too, believe many of our actions are still governed by our genetic make up, but to imply or believe that all (good-looking, well-built) women are necessarily gold diggers because of it is simply not true.

Not all men are good providers. Not all women are gold diggers.