Elin Nordegren claims Victim Status

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2010 02:40 pm
@parados,
Quote:
It's interesting how you paint her as a victim now hawkeye.
Your comprehension skills are lacking. I am clearly holding her responsible for marrying Tiger, and for not paying attention to her man.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2010 02:58 pm
@parados,
I think you don't understand quite what Shakespeare meant with--

Quote:
Or, if thou wilt needs
marry, marry a fool; for wise men know well enough
what monsters you make of them.

Unwise men may very well not know.

I don't accept that hawk has attacked Elin.

Quote:
That is an interesting if somewhat wrong interpretation.

That is no interpretation at all. It is an assertion. And "somewhat wrong" is an odd phrase I think. It sounds like you're not sure. Somewhat wrong is synonymous with somewhat right.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2010 03:07 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
Or, if thou wilt needs
what monsters you make of them
I think that we know beyond a shadow of a doubt that Elin is both smart and talented, but she would rather play the fool than come forwards and collect our applause for a job well done.
spendius

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2010 04:15 pm
@hawkeye10,
Which it certainly was because very few women in this world who are desirous of having two of their eggs fertilised can claim to have provided the consequent offspring with such extraordinary advantages as she has done. Neither ever having a need to kow-tow to the employing classes is an advantage enjoyed by an extremely small proportion of the human race.

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2010 04:22 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
Which it certainly was because very few women in this world who are desirous of having two of their eggs fertilised can claim to have provided the consequent offspring with such extraordinary advantages as she has done. Neither ever having a need to kow-tow to the employing classes is an advantage enjoyed by an extremely small proportion of the human race
You are familiar with the take of science on such matters I see. I can't come up with any reason to doubt science here.
spendius

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2010 04:58 pm
@hawkeye10,
It is striking that those who have taken the average media Agony Aunt line in this debate have reduced their participation as scientific considerations have come to the fore.

One might have imagined that the general anti-Christian and pro-science line taken by most employers of average Agony Aunts would have welcomed a scientific approach.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2010 07:05 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

I think you don't understand quite what Shakespeare meant with--

Quote:
Or, if thou wilt needs
what monsters you make of them.

Unwise men may very well not know.
But that has nothing to do with the husband going off to find other women spendi.

Quote:

I don't accept that hawk has attacked Elin.

Quote:
That is an interesting if somewhat wrong interpretation.

That is no interpretation at all. It is an assertion.
And your assertion is based on what if not an interpretation?

Quote:
And "somewhat wrong" is an odd phrase I think. It sounds like you're not sure. Somewhat wrong is synonymous with somewhat right.

Actually it's not synonymous at all spendi. Unless you want to argue that Hamlet's "somewhat scanter" means the same as "somewhat more plentiful"
0 Replies