Elin Nordegren claims Victim Status

Gargamel

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2010 12:20 pm
Fuckin' women, right dudes? We have a right to be so pissed. They're always going after our billions and looking over our shoulders on the tour.

Or, you know, our hundreds. And asking us to call them from the Red Roof Inn when we're in Rockford for the Electronic Documentation Workflow Conference.

But you get the point: we can empathize with Tiger and scorn Elin because our lives are just like theirs!
panzade

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2010 01:20 pm
@Gargamel,
Very Happy You funny! You go home now!
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2010 01:23 pm
I look at Bills reply after Firefly's eloquent post and shake my head. Firefly, you've said it all and you've said it well. I can thumb down this thread and go on to other ones.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2010 01:52 pm
@firefly,
I don't think you do me justice with this quote--

Quote:
I would go so far as saying that love is well nigh impossible for the rich and famous

and allowing yourself to omit that I allowed for occasional exceptions. I know that "well nigh" amounts to the same thing but it gives a much weaker impression. That's why I added the qualifier.

Now ff--these professional male athletes are not "extremely overpaid". They work in a market characterised by a ruthlessness that I hardly think I can imagine let alone those who know little or nothing about it. It is very close to losing your life so focussed is it. They are paid what we choose to pay them. Some might think it is a torture we inflict upon men whose upbringing, in the great majority of cases, has not prepared them for wealth. In the way of an entertainment now we are jaded with the semblances actors and actresses and scripwriters can make of it. We buy the depictions of real life acute stress under the law of Genetic Susceptibilty and consume them with our cornflakes, our tea-breaks, our luncheons, dinners, after-dinners, and on into the pubs, bars, clubs and anywhere else two or more people gather and find themselves with nothing to say. Similar occurences, of which there are a large number, at ordinary atmospheric pressures are boring. So, which fits neatly into my General Theory of Sport: they torture body and mind to get good enough for us to give them enough money for them to torture themselves in a new way so that either a good laugh is provided or opportunities to empathise convincingly with our own sex and thus our own interest even though it might be wholly imagined.

The market pays them and I think they give very good value. But not for them the joys of an allotment when they retire where their competitive streak can be diverted into growing champion marrows. There's the Senior's Tour and their Sponsors and their not knowing what else to do and ending up like Tom Watson having to be egged on past his obvious limits by his stubborn pride to the point of having to be almost carried through the last nine holes of an Open live on TV. At least he grinned sheepishly as he staggered off the last green to rapturous applause. The Dick van Dyke Show springs to mind.

Quote:
These men, who earn fantastic sums, and who generally travel a lot, are constantly surrounded by women who throw themselves at them.

And no wonder. When they see what Elin has made out of it and that shameful hussy Vanessa-Perroncel who can blame them? We all know that the President of France is an exception in this regard as his personal magnetism is enough to stretch any woman's neck. One guy here totted up the cost of each connection with his ex-wife at £47,000. (About $70,000). We cannot know whether Elin came cheaper or not.

Quote:
The more immature or self indulgent men are likely to get involved in multiple casual liaisons, and, if these men happen to be married, the results, as in Tiger Wood's case, and be scandalous and destructive.

They are likely to be immature and self-indulgent aren't they. It's a young man's world. A professional footballer here can lose himself and his team-mates and club millions of pounds with one error. Or win the same with one inspired moment or happy accident and not care which. They are not like us. And with women throwing themselves before them a long way from home we can be sure that it is either an irresistable temptation or that women are losing their grip. If drink is involved it doesn't even matter if the women are losing their grip. A woman I knew told me she could get any man she wanted. And I can well believe it.

Quote:
Woods may simply have been doing what a lot of other male professional athletes also do, but he did it with a degree of recklessness that was almost self destructive.

To be quite frank ff, that's meaningless. You have a "may", " a lot" and an "almost". Tiger looks anything but self-destructive. Cowed is the word I would use. And not that much either. And the reckless male is the all-time American hero.

Quote:
He chose women who were likely to expose him, and he gave them the ammunition to do it.

After being foolishly assured by each of them that they were not the sort who would stoop to such underhanded tricks.

But 15 does seem to be taking a chance too many I admit. Hence my theory that Elin had lost him and he sought a way of making the split and taking all the blame even at the risk of being bled white. A true gentleman.

Quote:
It was a time bomb waiting to happen.

If I may use "may" as you did I may say that Tiger may have primed the bomb for the reason just given. In fact, if 15 is the number, then some of those "bimbos" (shame on you ff) must have kept the confidence or at least until one broke cover.

I'll stop now. The "apparently" has warned me off further comment.

But on "The man must be a fairly convincing liar" I refer you to Hamlet Act 3 Scene 1--

Hamlet to Ophelia--" What should such fellows as I do crawling between earth and heaven? We are arrant knaves, all; believe none of us. Go thy ways to a nunnery."
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2010 03:23 pm
ff--it looks like pan has bought your speculations and has decided not to risk reading any countervailing ones.
Intrepid

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2010 04:44 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

We have no idea if Elin was or was not cheating herself that is just your assumptions that she were being a faithful wife.

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2010 05:12 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
ff--it looks like pan has bought your speculations and has decided not to risk reading any countervailing ones.
We certainly get some strong cult-like tones going around here dont we Spendius.....unbiased facts and evidence need not apply.

The hilarious thing is the leftists routinely bash the rightists for starting with a desired outcome and then building their facts to suit, but really the leftists do it just as much. In the case of feminists the woman can never be wrong. and so it is. The alarming thing is that we have had so many a2k men say such indoctrinated BS as "women are always right" and then say that the only way to exist with their women is to take from the start that the woman is always right. How pathetic is that??
spendius

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2010 05:14 pm
@hawkeye10,
Very. It really is very, very pathetic.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2010 05:22 pm
@spendius,
And you are a smart guy, so you know as well as I do that women dont really like this set up, but once they have won their war they can't very well backtrack and admit that they really dont like what they have fought for and won. So they stew and get even more pissy and mean towards men, because they can, and because they dont know what else to do.

The smart man sees the lay of the land before he follows the Lemmings. If he continues to be wise he will learn about what he wants, about what women really want, and then start plotting a course to the promise land in spite of all the whining from the lemmings about what a moral createn he is. If he knows his woman he will be able to take her in hand, and she will follow.
Intrepid

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2010 05:27 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

And you are a smart guy, so you know as well as I do that women dont really like this set up, but once they have won their war they can't very well backtrack and admit that they really dont like what they have fought for and won. So they stew and get even more pissy and mean towards men, because they can, and because they dont know what else to do.

The smart man sees the lay of the land before he follows the Lemmings. If he continues to be wise he will learn about what he wants, about what women really want, and then start plotting a course to the promise land in spite of all the whining from the lemmings about what a moral createn he is. If he knows his woman he will be able to take her in hand, and she will follow.

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2010 05:29 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
We certainly get some strong cult-like tones going around here dont we Spendius.....unbiased facts and evidence need not apply.

But that is the problem hawkeye. You don't have any facts biased or otherwise. Your argument about Elin is made up out of whole cloth with nothing other than your word to back it up.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2010 05:30 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
, so you know as well as I do that women dont really like this set up,

Women hate it hawk.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2010 05:37 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
f--it looks like pan has bought your speculations and has decided not to risk reading any countervailing ones.

Ha!
You called me out ; rather pompous of me really. I'll read the counterwailers as you suggest.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2010 05:38 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
The alarming thing is that we have had so many a2k men say such indoctrinated BS as "women are always right" and then say that the only way to exist with their women is to take from the start that the woman is always right.

I don't see it. Show me.
Intrepid

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2010 05:39 pm
@panzade,
I, too, would like to see Hawkeye's proof of his claim.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2010 06:12 pm
@panzade,
Quote:
I don't see it. Show me.

You asking Hawkeye to show proof of an opinion on what other posters here are expressing in their hundreds of postings?

Mame

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2010 06:13 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

If he knows his woman he will be able to take her in hand, and she will follow.

You are so arrogant. That almost made me vomit. You know DICK about women. We don't want to follow and we don't want to lead. We want to walk beside.
BillRM

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2010 06:22 pm
@Mame,
Quote:
We don't want to follow and we don't want to lead. We want to walk beside.

LOL you have the ability to speak for all of womankind how amazing.

My wife is very independent however, in my life I had found that very rare indeed.

You do need to search out such women, as they tend to be as rare as gold flakes in a mountain stream.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2010 06:24 pm
@Mame,
There is no such thing as perfect equality in practice and it is not even good in theory. Through out history what has worked best is the break down the relationship into smaller parts, with the woman leading some parts and the man the others. The overall general direction setting of the couples efforts has almost always been a male leadership role, and I advocate for it remaining so. Men are better at it, women too often get lead astray by emotions, suffer from clouded judgement.
Mame

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2010 06:27 pm
@hawkeye10,
LOL

Who comprise the majority of the murderers? Men! And that's not being led astray by emotions and clouded judgement? Many men are irrationally JEALOUS (I know, I was married to one) - that's not being led astray, etc etc? Many men CHEAT on their wives. And that's not being led astray etc etc? Come on... you'll have to do better than that.